Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Men's Hockey 2022 Off Season Thread- Goodbye Lake Whitt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

I thought I remembered reading somewhere when it was under construction that Jack Parker wanted the effect to be that of the original Boston Garden (higher/narrower) than the new building (wider/shallower?).
    Absolutely correct. He wanted the fans right on top of the action. The great sight lines were a big reason why we decided to become inaugural season ticket holders.

Comment

Giant tarp up today getting the project started.
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Hopefully you are referring to one outside Pres Dean's office to shield the media from seeing MS7 being shown the door. Let the healing begin! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Whalers View Post

Hopefully you are referring to one outside Pres Dean's office to shield the media from seeing MS7 being shown the door. Let the healing begin! :-)
          You know something we don't??? The tarp did seem big enough...

Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

In somewhat related news, Mayor Joyce Craig forming an exploratory committee to bring hockey back to Manch Vegas.
            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
              In somewhat related news, Mayor Joyce Craig forming an exploratory committee to bring hockey back to Manch Vegas.
              Saw that! I actually asked that she consider an interstate pre season hockey tournament with UNH SNHU NEC PSU..
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Saw that! I actually asked that she consider an interstate pre season hockey tournament with UNH SNHU NEC PSU..
                Let's just be clear up front, I have the copyright/naming rights for that whole concept, 'Ref ... ;-)

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Yellow crime scene tape would be more appropriate, molesting a perfectly healthy rink and all.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Let's just be clear up front, I have the copyright/naming rights for that whole concept, 'Ref ... ;-)
                    But of course your Lordship ;-)
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

?????
                      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post

?????
                        Yep wrong term my bad.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Hockey in the Queen City would be fabulous again! Always sad to see that big building just sitting empty...

A NH tournament to start the season would be super awesome. Even just a "NH Hockey Day" event. A triple header across all levels of NCAA... DIII - PSU v NEC, DII - SNHU v Saint A's, DI - UNH v Dartmouth.

Comment

Originally posted by SNHUPenman View Post

Hockey in the Queen City would be fabulous again! Always sad to see that big building just sitting empty...

A NH tournament to start the season would be super awesome. Even just a "NH Hockey Day" event. A triple header across all levels of NCAA... DIII - PSU v NEC, DII - SNHU v Saint A's, DI - UNH v Dartmouth.
                            Oh left out Dartmouth! Absolutely! I think it would be great and I believe it would pull a crowd! I nominate Chuck to organize it all...
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by SNHUPenman View Post

A better idea than UNH playing SNHU, NEC, and PSU imo. If you beat them it's no big deal since you're supposed to, if it's close it's as good as losing, and if you actually lose... welp...

A while back when the Riverstone attendance started dipping and Lowell was beginning to get hot I suggested a holiday tournament with UNH & Lowell vs two invitees in Manchester as it is nearly equidistant for the Riverhawks, could easily repackage this in to the Icebreaker.
                              Though now, several years on, I dread to think what our attendance would look like for a game in Manchester... Might not be great for the brand.
                              Last edited by ClOuD 9; 03-25-2022, 04:11 PM.
                              "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                              Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                              NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                              EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                              AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

If Quinnipiac doesn’t pull this out, we move one step closer to the possibility of an all-Minnesota FF. With friends and former colleagues who attended each of the four schools, I cannot tell you how intolerably insufferable such an outcome will be. If there is a god, it CAN’T happen.
                                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X