Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Men's Hockey 2022 Off Season Thread- Goodbye Lake Whitt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear you, but compared to, say, a back-slapping AD, maybe having a competent administrator would be good.

One tidbit from her Florida State resume

Dr. Allison Rich is in her second year as the Senior Associate Athletics Director/Senior Woman Administrator. She oversees external operations of the FSU Athletic Department including marketing, tickets, media, communications and more.
    The Umile legacy:
    14-15 8th place,
    15-16 10th place
    16-17 10th place
    17-18 11th place
    18-19 8th place
    19-20 9th place
    20-21 10th place
    21-22 9th place

Comment

• Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
      You gonna share?
      +1

I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
        Feel free to drop her an email letting her know where the problems are. Can't solve a problem if you don't know of it, or it was minimized in the interview process.
        arich1@princeton.edu
        It will be of no use. I emailed the guy back right after he sent me the useless information and Hasn’t responded.

might be just me and my pet peeves but email responses should be 24-48 hours at most. If you are so busy counting season tickets sold at least acknowledge receipt. Simple business practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post

If squeaky wheels get the grease as you say, then things at the Whit and Men's Hockey should be purring like a big block Chevy! I have sent emails in the past voicing my concerns (with the current athletic department's approach with existing season ticket holders), the response was a boiler plate "thank you for your input", no further communication. I'm sure that I am not alone in this. We all have our opinions. Sorry if we all aren't jumping up and down waving the UNH flag cheering for the recent choice. Nothing about this choice is exciting, bold, or exhibits any thinking outside of the box. Just my opinion, and as a season ticket holder since the opening year of the Whit, alum and donor, I feel I'm entitled to that opinion.
          Nobody says you have to jump up and down and yup you are entitled to your opinion. I like to see what's what before I make any educated guesses how things are going to turn out, and that's my opinion on the whole thing. I agree the feed back isn't always what we want and that hopefully has / will change. I thought they were on the right path when they had a fan group from all / most sports meet a few times a year and there was truthful input from not only the hockey crowd. The basketball group wasn't too happy about how things were going on that end either (not just the coach; lots of other things). People vote with their feet which has often been said around here so that will be the big 'tell' for Ms. Rich...
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 07-13-2022, 08:41 PM.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

You gonna share?
            Welp, I kind of feel like I shouldn't but there are other STH's on this thread who certainly can if they so choose. I will say opening weekend is @Clarkson / St. Lawrence...and closing with Vermont. A few Tues/Thursday games?
            Last edited by HockeyRef; 07-13-2022, 08:52 PM.
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Welp, I kind of feel like I shouldn't but there are other STH's on this thread who certainly can if they so choose. I will say opening weekend is @Clarkson / St. Lawrence...and closing with Vermont. A few Tues/Thursday games?
              Many of us would be thankful over at the schedules thread! We're all trying to piece together the entire schedule and most of it is already known, just a few games missing!

Comment

Many of us would be thankful over at the schedules thread! We're all trying to piece together the entire schedule and most of it is already known, just a few games missing!
                We've got 24 of the 34 games set w/ dates in the schedules spreadsheet (I just have to plug in the 3 Providence games and the Harvard game)

Comment

• Andrew Poturalski inks a 2 year one way contract with the Seattle Kraken.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Andrew Poturalski inks a 2 year one way contract with the Seattle Kraken.
                    Average annual value of $762,5000 over the next two seasons whether he's in the NHL or the AHL. I think SEA gives him a legitimate shot, but if he does end up in the AHL he'll enjoy all his cash in Palm Springs/Palm Desert. Certainly he'd give it all back to score 75 points, and finish 12-18-4 as a senior alongside TK and a bunch of (lowercase) guys...

--

Not sure I see it with the AD hire, but will hold out on offering any opinion until I see her speak tomorrow. Would love to hear DC address - specifically - how she responded to questions of competitive excellence, growth opportunity and performance accountability for UNH coaches & programs, and in particular the expressed desire for a return to hockey glory...
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Average annual value of $762,5000 over the next two seasons whether he's in the NHL or the AHL. I think SEA gives him a legitimate shot, but if he does end up in the AHL he'll enjoy all his cash in Palm Springs/Palm Desert. Certainly he'd give it all back to score 75 points, and finish 12-18-4 as a senior alongside TK and a bunch of (lowercase) guys...
                      Seattle is likely the "last chance saloon" for Poturalski as an NHL player. Looking at last year's Kraken roster, it's dotted with similar aged guys as AP (late 20's), and fitting for an expansion team, covers a slew of players, ranging from players who've played on Cup winners (Yanni Gourde, Jaden Schwartz), busted flush first rounders (Wennberg, Sheahan) and other guys picked in rounds earlier than AP (including Ryan Donato). Aside from Gourde and Schwartz, none of those guys should be unbeatable for a full-time NHL roster slot. My guess is Poturalski probably starts '22/'23 in the AHL, but should get another (last?) chance before the calendar changes to 2023. This has to be "3rd time's the charm" for AP, there won't be further NHL expansion any time soon. Not knowing the depth of the Seattle system two years in, it seems he'll get an opportunity there that he wasn't able to find in places like Carolina and Anaheim that were stacked with younger quality depth up front.

There's a lot to be said about being in the right place, at the right time. We'll never know how it could have been different for AP had he (1) left a year earlier, (2) left a year later, (3) signed with another organization, or (4) worked with coaches earlier in his career that forced him to play a two-way game.

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Not sure I see it with the AD hire, but will hold out on offering any opinion until I see her speak tomorrow. Would love to hear DC address - specifically - how she responded to questions of competitive excellence, growth opportunity and performance accountability for UNH coaches & programs, and in particular the expressed desire for a return to hockey glory...
                      I bet she nailed the DIE questions, and checked enough intersectional boxes to get the nod. Again, from my standpoint, she's an admin lifer who's now reached the top of the admin pyramid, and is better postured to return as an Ivy AD when something opens up in that universe. I can be persuaded otherwise, and will watch the presser after I get home tonight.

Whomever gets UNH back into the world of athletics relevance - especially hockey - earns my respect.
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

We've got 24 of the 34 games set w/ dates in the schedules spreadsheet (I just have to plug in the 3 Providence games and the Harvard game)
                        Sent you a PM...someone who has seen the schedules also says its 4 games short? I really haven't looked at it that carefully...
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Sent you a PM...someone who has seen the schedules also says its 4 games short? I really haven't looked at it that carefully...
                          Thanks! I started plugging in the games and what you have matched what I already have. It looks like 2 of the 4 missing games are 2/3 v Merrimack and 2/4 @Umass-lowell. This gives me 32 of the 34 games.

Missing 2 but you said something about ending with Vermont? It looks like it was cut off from after the Maine series as they gotta have 2 games after that series.

Comment

Thanks! I started plugging in the games and what you have matched what I already have. It looks like 2 of the 4 missing games are 2/3 v Merrimack and 2/4 @Umass-lowell. This gives me 32 of the 34 games.

Missing 2 but you said something about ending with Vermont? It looks like it was cut off from after the Maine series as they gotta have 2 games after that series.
                            March 2...ending with Vermont.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Is this some type of top secret information? Just wondering why it can't be shared?
                              GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                                Is this some type of top secret information? Just wondering why it can't be shared?
                                Season ticket holders only. Very exclusive club.

Pricing and benefits (early schedule access not noted) here: https://unhwildcats.com/sports/2020/...n-Tickets.aspx
                                Last edited by Darius; 07-14-2022, 03:00 PM.
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X