Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Men's Hockey 2022 Off Season Thread- Goodbye Lake Whitt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spirit of UNH Hockey View Post
    What about Lucas Hermann? Am I missing something?
    Based on your signature line, not much. You're atop the USCHO "Woke Top Ten" list, for sure.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
      Dancing carefully here - not nearly as fast as you'd like. Will be a short transition. That's best I can do for now.
      FWIW my sources say mid-April, not sure how that matches up with your first-hand insight?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

FWIW my sources say mid-April, not sure how that matches up with your first-hand insight?
        Unfortunately, they are way off.
        Last edited by wildcatdc; 03-17-2022, 01:51 PM.
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

At first glance...

Is it me or does this roster look...young? Also abit crowded...no room for any portal players with experience (if that's even out there) Not to take away from these players and our freshmen this season got lots of experience.

Have been following with great interest incoming forwards...can they develop fast enough to bring in much needed offense?

Most interesting to me at least will be the goal tending...excited for Muszelik does he beat out Fess for top tender??? From what we saw of Fess albeit limited thought he did a good job but of course you need lights out most nights. Should be interesting between the two of them.

Alot can happen between now and October!
          I think there is a lot of optimism around this incoming class. More than the “well, we have to be optimistic, don’t we?” vibe. I am sure Watcher has his insights - would love to hear them. ‘Watcher, would also like your rationale for Will over Liam on first line. Are you thinking that you seed both lines with talent? I have no insights there, just interested in your take.
          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
            Sean - appreciate the input and comparisons. Couple points of clarification…

1. The estimates you see in this report (for the ice replacement and rink shrink) have gone up materially since this report was put out, when all-in costs are considered. Additionally, the revisions to the bowl have gone up accordingly but still represent about a doubling of the cost if to be done in conjunction with the first part.
            2. The “wasted space” component of this report is no longer relevant as it has been subsumed by the aspirational scope of the “guts” project.

I certainly hold out hope that after priority 1 (ice and rink) and priority 2 (guts) are “in the can”, they can get busy with the bowl!
            Thanks for the updated information. I expected that the costs would have gone up; waiting almost always increases the cost.

To my knowledge BU still hasn't started renovations on the Roof at Case Center, despite annoucing it years ago. The have renovated the main entrance to Case and Walter Brown, but as far as I'm aware that's it. They also wanted to do more when they renovated WBA in 2010 (i.e., new visitor lockerr oom, new extra locker room (for women's Beanpot), new scoreboard/video board, but lack of money curtailed all of that. At least they did the new slab, refrigeration and A/C systems.

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Definitely not UNH related nor Men's hockey related....but very proud of my (twice-removed) cousin Callie Hoff, UW-River Fall's all-time leading scorer and winner of the Laura Hurd award, the D-111 equivalent to the Patty Kazmeier trophy. :-) :-)

https://www.ahcahockey.com/news/2122/0317hurd.php

https://www.uscho.com/2022/03/10/uw-...nd-best-coach/

Last edited by Scott; 03-18-2022, 12:17 PM.
              UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Definitely not UNH related nor Men's hockey related....but very proud of my (twice-removed) cousin Callie Hoff, UW-River Fall's all-time leading scorer and winner of the Laura Hurd award, the D-111 equivalent to the Patty Kazmeier trophy. :-) :-)

https://www.ahcahockey.com/news/2122/0317hurd.php

https://www.uscho.com/2022/03/10/uw-...nd-best-coach/
                Congrats on your cousin's achievements, Scott; seems like you have a very talented extended family!

Comment

I'll let Mike throw the shade

Mike Lowry
                  @UNHHockeyBlog
                  ?
                  34m
                  The last time
                  @UNHMHOCKEY
                  played in a
                  @hockey_east
                  semifinal was 3/21/2014. UNH beat Providence 3-1.
                  The Souza record:
                  15-16 10th place
                  16-17 10th place
                  17-18 11th place
                  18-19 8th place
                  19-20 9th place
                  20-21 10th place
                  21-22 9th place
                  22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                    That was a great game...first inkling for me that this a special thing. Here at the games as we speak ...wish we were in it!!! Ah hope springs eternal!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

Since I don’t see qualifier last semi game won which was that game, UNH made semi in 2015 vs BU

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1415/schedules/unhm
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Looks like UCOnn is going to the HE Finals...totally dominated NU.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post

Since I don’t see qualifier last semi game won which was that game, UNH made semi in 2015 vs BU

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1415/schedules/unhm
                          Correct.....
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Congrats on your cousin's achievements, Scott; seems like you have a very talented extended family!
                            Thanks Chuck! She would be the daughter of the the son of my mother's cousin, so....I guess she would be three-times removed??? Not sure...anyhoo, she was a hell of an athlete growing up in Hermantown, MN (near Duluth). One of the top HS girls hockey players in the state...,thought for sure that she would land somewhere in Div 1, but chose the Div 3 route instead. It worked out very well for her! :-)
                            UNH

Comment

Per the BCHL website John Evans is no longer committed to UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Balin View Post
                                Per the BCHL website John Evans is no longer committed to UNH.
                                Oh my, was just talking about him last night as we watched the 'other' Johnny Evans who plays for UConn. So, is this website incorrect? Says he's committed to UNH.
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-19-2022, 10:02 AM.
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X