Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saj=the worst

Comment

• Today is 18 June 2022. There are 105 days (15 weeks) until RPI's next game. There are 13 days until RPI has a new president.

This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season and 1 July 2022 for the end of @#$%^.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Shirley won't sign him, has nothing to do with Coach Smith not wanting to sign or the AD not wanting him back. He will be signed during the summer once Dr. Schmidt is in place. RPI wants to limit the attention to this because surely they can't let our leader Shirley get justifiably attacked for this adding to her terrible presidency
        see, I’ve kinda thought the opposite. I’ve been thinking that he’s already been signed, she’s just waiting until June 30 to make the announcement as sort of a last hurrah and a “see, I told yo so” thing. You would definitely k ow more than me though

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

see, I’ve kinda thought the opposite. I’ve been thinking that he’s already been signed, she’s just waiting until June 30 to make the announcement as sort of a last hurrah and a “see, I told yo so” thing. You would definitely k ow more than me though
          Nothing about this makes sense, so it is probably the quintessential way to close Shirley's presidency. The good news is that Coach Smith closed a good-looking pair of incoming freshmen and 3 promising portal transfers after the season ended. He must have told them a pretty convincing story.

Comment

• Makes zero sense.

Comment

• Shirley doesn't care. She never cared about sports. Why would that change? Most likely doesn't even realize it or giving sports her final thumbs down.

Comment

• Hockey is RPI's only Division I sport, but it's certainly not RPI's only sport. RPI's Division III programs have prospered greatly in recent years.

The lacrosse team made the NCAA tournament this year and handed national champion RIT their only loss of the year along the way. The basketball team made it to the third round of this year's NCAA tournament. The soccer team made it to the fourth round a couple of seasons ago. The football team went three games deep into the NCAA tournament this year - those of us who watched RPI football in the '60's would have had a hard time imagining that the football team could ever enjoy the kind of success they've had in recent years.

All of those teams play in the ECAV, on the construction of which RPI spent a great deal of money under Dr. Jackson's leadership.

I don't think I can agree that she never cared about sports. But I have a suspicion, though I've never heard anyone say so explicitly, that she felt Division III was the proper level for RPI sports.

Comment

• Today is 19 June 2022. There are 104 days until RPI's next game. There are 12 days until RPI has a new president.

This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season and 1 July 2022 for the end of @#$%^.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                    Hockey is RPI's only Division I sport, but it's certainly not RPI's only sport. RPI's Division III programs have prospered greatly in recent years.

The lacrosse team made the NCAA tournament this year and handed national champion RIT their only loss of the year along the way. The basketball team made it to the third round of this year's NCAA tournament. The soccer team made it to the fourth round a couple of seasons ago. The football team went three games deep into the NCAA tournament this year - those of us who watched RPI football in the '60's would have had a hard time imagining that the football team could ever enjoy the kind of success they've had in recent years.

All of those teams play in the ECAV, on the construction of which RPI spent a great deal of money under Dr. Jackson's leadership.

I don't think I can agree that she never cared about sports. But I have a suspicion, though I've never heard anyone say so explicitly, that she felt Division III was the proper level for RPI sports.
                    Nice reminder of where me are. I also remember the 60's. The lacrosse, football, soccer, basketball plus cross country, track, golf, tennis, etc. may have had the most overall success in RPI history this year.
                    ECAV is a big factor along with good coaching and the AD probably adds something. I think DS benefits from the contract delay. His wife's employment may also be a factor.

Comment

• Today is 20 June 2022. There are 103 days until RPI's next game. There are 11 days until RPI has a new president.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 21 June 2022. There are 102 days until RPI's next game. There are 10 days until RPI has a new president.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                          Hockey is RPI's only Division I sport, but it's certainly not RPI's only sport. RPI's Division III programs have prospered greatly in recent years.

All of this is certainly true, but what you left out is that Shirley stood with McElroy at the presser introducing Dave Smith and pledged that great things were to come for renovations/imporvements to HFH....I forget exactly what was said but the $20mil figure sticks in my head for some reason. NONE of that fairytale came to fruition in Smith's first 5 years....in fact, I don't believe another word was ever spoken about it again after the that. Certainly cannot give him a warm feeling, especially with the last two years being what they've been .
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Wicked the $20 mill sticks in your head because that’s exactly what Shirley said in broad daylight to everyone at Dave’s presser. Nothing more than a bold face lie. She had no intention or desire to provide any kind of support. The whole situation is a joke. RPI needs a new AD! Someone with new energy and enthusiasm for all programs including mens and women hockey. It’s their only D1 sport on campus start treating it like such. Not some pain in the *** you have to deal with. The history and traditions are their to grow the hockey programs. Clarkson has no problem, Cornell has no problem, union has no problem, Harvard has no problem, qpac has no problem etc… What’s missing at RPI? It’s very obvious what’s missing. Clear house get some young blood in their who’s excited and hungry to make rpi hockey a force to be reckoned with again. Instead Shirley pulls a retired guy from down the road who knows nothing about hockey as our ad. Conducts no national search to find anyone..:nope we get the dude down the road at suny Albany who says sure I’ll do it but back the brinks truck up to my house if I’m gonna do you this favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post
                              Wicked the $20 mill sticks in your head because that’s exactly what Shirley said in broad daylight to everyone at Dave’s presser. Nothing more than a bold face lie. She had no intention or desire to provide any kind of support. The whole situation is a joke. RPI needs a new AD! Someone with new energy and enthusiasm for all programs including mens and women hockey. It’s their only D1 sport on campus start treating it like such. Not some pain in the *** you have to deal with. The history and traditions are their to grow the hockey programs. Clarkson has no problem, Cornell has no problem, union has no problem, Harvard has no problem, qpac has no problem etc… What’s missing at RPI? It’s very obvious what’s missing. Clear house get some young blood in their who’s excited and hungry to make rpi hockey a force to be reckoned with again. Instead Shirley pulls a retired guy from down the road who knows nothing about hockey as our ad. Conducts no national search to find anyone..:nope we get the dude down the road at suny Albany who says sure I’ll do it but back the brinks truck up to my house if I’m gonna do you this favor.
                              Surely we deserve better.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

• Today is 22 June 2022. There are 101 days until RPI's next game. There are 9 days until RPI has a new president.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X