Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMHO, a boring game, but we won. I missed the first few minutes. Is the announcer with Kurt new?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      IMHO, a boring game, but we won. I missed the first few minutes. Is the announcer with Kurt new?
      Agree with your opinion. Boring but at least the RPI defense played well enough. The offense will need considerable work if they are to be on top of the Liberty League standings. The first few minutes were the problem as Dickinson scored on a long pass that was tipped into the receiver's hands and then RPI was stopped on a drive deep in the zone when a pass was missed by us and fell into a defensive player's hands. Other than that it was mostly punting and missed opportunities. But we held on for the win and move on to next weekend. Very fortunate that the Dickinson starting quarterback left with a knee injury as he started the game well and was giving us some real trouble both with is passing and evasive running.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• The announcer with Kurt was Yancey Roy. He has worked on RPI basketball videocasts in the past, though this is the first time I've heard him do football.

I agree with Dr. D's analysis. It was reminiscent of RPI's first two games last year. The offense was ineffective for most of the game, but the defense did enough to win. They squeaked past Montclair, they squeaked past Stevenson, and three months later we looked up and they were 11-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
          The announcer with Kurt was Yancey Roy. He has worked on RPI basketball videocasts in the past, though this is the first time I've heard him do football.

I agree with Dr. D's analysis. It was reminiscent of RPI's first two games last year. The offense was ineffective for most of the game, but the defense did enough to win. They squeaked past Montclair, they squeaked past Stevenson, and three months later we looked up and they were 11-1.
          After looking at the other scores from today, last year will be most difficult to repeat. Union, Hobart and Ithaca looked very impressive. Hope we can develop a more efficient passing game or all 3 of those teams will present great problems. Whether it is a short passing game or some deep threats, the completion percentage today simply will not be even close to good enough. We might need to be very much a team of cardiac kids like last year winning games in the last seconds by the closest of margins.

Comment

• In honor of Jake Gagnon, today is 4 September 2022. There are 27 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Wrote a schedule preview https://thefieldhouse.substack.com/p...e-analysis-and

Comment

• Today is 5 September 2022. There are 26 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                  Sez: Appreciate your exhaustive review. Virtually agree with everything you posted. A short time ago I had looked at the schedule and my first half prediction is not much different but somehow i came up with our totals as 9-8 overall and 4-4 in the ECAC. I believe I felt we could sweep Union as the only difference from your numbers. I am interested in what Jenny thinks since she almost always places well ahead of me in the pick the standings contests but she says with all the new faces (and with so many no longer here) it is just too early for her. I also think that we are a bit on the low end for our predictions as we might be giving too much credit to a few other teams. There have been so many changes that they too may need a period of adjustment to be playing more organized hockey.
                  In any case - your posting is extremely well thought out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Sez: Appreciate your exhaustive review. Virtually agree with everything you posted. A short time ago I had looked at the schedule and my first half prediction is not much different but somehow i came up with our totals as 9-8 overall and 4-4 in the ECAC. I believe I felt we could sweep Union as the only difference from your numbers. I am interested in what Jenny thinks since she almost always places well ahead of me in the pick the standings contests but she says with all the new faces (and with so many no longer here) it is just too early for her. I also think that we are a bit on the low end for our predictions as we might be giving too much credit to a few other teams. There have been so many changes that they too may need a period of adjustment to be playing more organized hockey.
                    In any case - your posting is extremely well thought out.
                    Thanks for the positivity! I might be on the low end in terms of how I picked for the first half, but I think I make up for it with too much optimism for the second half. In general, I think we're all in agreement in general for predictions for the team.

Comment

• Here's part 2 https://thefieldhouse.substack.com/p...utm_medium=web

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                        Again, far more agreement on the eventual total games won and lost than on the individual results. I had been hoping for a 20 win season and 12 ECAC wins but with some very different results against a few teams. Actually all I want for this year is for the team to build momentum like we were doing so well in the pandemic shortened season. I felt the boys and the fans truly got cheated that season. At the time of the shutdown I felt we were a very good team playing very good hockey but that we could have been on the verge of being an excellent team with a real chance of a run in the playoffs. Wins at Lake Placid were possibly in the cards and even, dare I say it, a chance in the NCAA tournament. Not even thinking about that far into the coming season and with the large number of changes in the roster, everything at this stage is simply conjecture. I but I like what this coach does with what he has. And we may have more than we may even be considering.

Comment

• The team posted a video of Coach Smith talking about the program. I am guessing the target audience is potential recruits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFueA94m0FU

Comment

• In honor of Ryan Mahshie and Sarah Bukvic, today is 6 September 2022. There are 25 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Last call for thread title suggestions. With class back in session, it is as good a team as any to start the 22-23 thread. I have a pick from those previously suggested.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Dave Smith interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFueA94m0FU.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X