Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2022 Off-season: Surely, We Deserve Better

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

    No problem. They probably have never been seen together. ;-)
    Like Clark Kent and Superman?

    More coaching related news: Thursday, Rick Bennett was named coach of the ECHL Savannah Ghost Pirates, a Las Vegas Golden Knights affiliate.
    Last edited by fr. joe; 05-21-2022, 03:09 PM.

    Comment


    • Savannah wasn't in the ECHL in 2021-22. The Golden Knights' ECHL affiliate during the past several seasons was the Fort Wayne Komets, who won the Kelly Cup in 2020-21 but were eliminated from the playoffs early this season. Not sure whether Bennett will be inheriting the bulk of the Komets' roster or will be starting with a brand-new expansion franchise.

      Interesting to note that the Komets have played in Fort Wayne since 1952. In all of North American professional hockey, only the original six NHL teams and the AHL's Hershey
      Bears have played continuously in the same city with the same name longer than the Komets in Fort Wayne.

      Comment


      • Today is 22 May 2022. There are 132 days until RPI's next game. There are 40 days until RPI has a new president.

        This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season and 1 July 2022 for the end of @#$%^.



        sigpic

        Let's Go 'Tute!

        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

        2012 Poser Of The Year

        Comment


        • The Savannah Ghost Pirates vs. Rochester Americans is really going to be a boxing match for years to come
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

          WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            Savannah wasn't in the ECHL in 2021-22. The Golden Knights' ECHL affiliate during the past several seasons was the Fort Wayne Komets, who won the Kelly Cup in 2020-21 but were eliminated from the playoffs early this season. Not sure whether Bennett will be inheriting the bulk of the Komets' roster or will be starting with a brand-new expansion franchise.

            Interesting to note that the Komets have played in Fort Wayne since 1952. In all of North American professional hockey, only the original six NHL teams and the AHL's Hershey
            Bears have played continuously in the same city with the same name longer than the Komets in Fort Wayne.
            No shooting stars those Komets.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              Savannah wasn't in the ECHL in 2021-22. The Golden Knights' ECHL affiliate during the past several seasons was the Fort Wayne Komets, who won the Kelly Cup in 2020-21 but were eliminated from the playoffs early this season. Not sure whether Bennett will be inheriting the bulk of the Komets' roster or will be starting with a brand-new expansion franchise.

              Interesting to note that the Komets have played in Fort Wayne since 1952. In all of North American professional hockey, only the original six NHL teams and the AHL's Hershey
              Bears have played continuously in the same city with the same name longer than the Komets in Fort Wayne.
              The Fort Wayne Komets will still play next season, just not as a Vegas affiliate. They are currently looking for a new NHL connection.

              Comment


              • Today is 23 May 2022. There are 131 days until RPI's next game. There are 39 days until RPI has a new president.

                This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season and 1 July 2022 for the end of @#$%^.



                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • Richard Scammell '69 was inducted into the NY State Hockey Hall of Fame on Sunday.
                  https://twitter.com/RPI_Hockey/statu...56749288095746
                  sigpic

                  Let's Go 'Tute!

                  Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                  2012 Poser Of The Year

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jericho View Post
                    The Savannah Ghost Pirates vs. Rochester Americans is really going to be a boxing match for years to come
                    Not sure if you're joking, but they're in two different leagues....ECHL / AHL.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                    Comment


                    • The Ghost Pirates probably will be playing some games against Andrew Lord's Greenville Swamp Rabbits. Not sure if there's any history between Bennett and Lord.

                      Edit - Probably not. Lord finished up at RPI in 2008, while Bennett didn't take over as Union coach until 2011.
                      Last edited by Waite21; 05-23-2022, 09:26 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Today is 24 May 2022. There are 130 days until RPI's next game. There are 38 days until RPI has a new president.

                        This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season and 1 July 2022 for the end of @#$%^.



                        sigpic

                        Let's Go 'Tute!

                        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                        2012 Poser Of The Year

                        Comment


                        • The three games vs Union are on their schedule. https://unionathletics.com/sports/me...hedule/2022-23
                          sigpic

                          Let's Go 'Tute!

                          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                          2012 Poser Of The Year

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            The three games vs Union are on their schedule. https://unionathletics.com/sports/me...hedule/2022-23
                            I presume the reference to tickets being sold out for the game in Schenectady is an accidental carryover from last season's schedule.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

                              I presume the reference to tickets being sold out for the game in Schenectady is an accidental carryover from last season's schedule.
                              I would think so, but I certainly don't know.
                              sigpic

                              Let's Go 'Tute!

                              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                              2012 Poser Of The Year

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                The three games vs Union are on their schedule. https://unionathletics.com/sports/me...hedule/2022-23
                                It looks like the announcement may have been premature or contained errors. The 22-23 schedule was pulled down from the Union website, although the pages still show up on a Google search.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X