Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ice looks milky, and the sound system sounds like it came outta a 94 Ford Taurus. We can do better

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Why do you think we are getting a new AD ?? I haven't heard that MaElroy is departing ??
      I think some people are assuming (hoping?) that a new president will make a change here as part of the general turnover when an administration changes. This chatter has been around for a while because Dr. McElroy had already came out of retirement to jump in as interim AD when Jim Knowlton went to Air Force. But, like you, I am not aware of any concrete information that Dr. McElroy is leaving.

Comment

If Coach Smith is leaving today would be the day to announce it. In the absence of that I'll bet he has something in hand (short or long-term) and he is busy recruiting and scheduling end of season meetings with the players. Unless we get surprise return decisions from some of the 11 announced Senior Night departees we still have some holes to fill, perhaps from the portal.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
          If Coach Smith is leaving today would be the day to announce it. In the absence of that I'll bet he has something in hand (short or long-term) and he is busy recruiting and scheduling end of season meetings with the players. Unless we get surprise return decisions from some of the 11 announced Senior Night departees we still have some holes to fill, perhaps from the portal.
          Including a third goalie which has nothing to do with weather any of the seniors will/won't return.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Sunday postgame interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmVzUlBdnnA
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-14-2022, 04:08 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...95#post3724595

Whst I meant when I referred to not meeting the coaches or the team was if a recruit stepped on campus without meeting coaches or players, they could see how much an investment the school makes in the program by looking at the facilities. And that new facilities, regardless of what academic qualifications you have to get in or the academic program offered here, would certainly help seal the deal for some and generate interest. If you were visiting with your son and the facilities were new, don’t you think the parents would be impressed? It certainly won’t hurt.
              As to Wisconsin. They have been slipping for a few years. They have had some great players of late. They got rid of Mike Eaves and now have Granato, but are no better. Why? Who knows? But they have nice facilities. The womens program is top notch.

One thing is certain. If we dont upgrade, Union will and that will be another program we won’t match facility wise with a good academic program.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Great interview; well worth watching. Smith says the team wanted to salute fans at the end of game 2, but a league rule prohibits visiting teams from saluting fans... so they did it in game 3 (with the possibility of a penalty assessed at the start of next season.

He also said the Harvard series showed they became a team. I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post

Great interview; well worth watching. Smith says the team wanted to salute fans at the end of game 2, but a league rule prohibits visiting teams from saluting fans... so they did it in game 3 (with the possibility of a penalty assessed at the start of next season.

He also said the Harvard series showed they became a team. I couldn't agree more.

I noticed the salute last night and thought it was a great gesture. So, reading the above, I first thought it's a stupid rule. However, then I remembered the salutes I wanted to give the home team fans at some of our road games. OK, I get it, but I think the ECAC will have completely lost sight of the essence of sport if the Engineers get punished for their classy move in Allston.

Comment

Today is 15 March 2022. There are 200 days until RPI's next game. There are 108 days until RPI has a new president.

This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season and 1 July 2022 for the end of @#$%^.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Why do you think we are getting a new AD ?? I haven't heard that MaElroy is departing ??
                      I have no inside information on McElroy. But he was taken out of retirement by Shirley, and with her out of the picture and a new administration coming in, it makes sense that they would want their own people in places of authority.
                      Of course, if the new administration has the same attitude towards the athletic department as the old one, McElroy could keep his job.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                        https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...95#post3724595

Whst I meant when I referred to not meeting the coaches or the team was if a recruit stepped on campus without meeting coaches or players, they could see how much an investment the school makes in the program by looking at the facilities. And that new facilities, regardless of what academic qualifications you have to get in or the academic program offered here, would certainly help seal the deal for some and generate interest. If you were visiting with your son and the facilities were new, don’t you think the parents would be impressed? It certainly won’t hurt.
                        As to Wisconsin. They have been slipping for a few years. They have had some great players of late. They got rid of Mike Eaves and now have Granato, but are no better. Why? Who knows? But they have nice facilities. The womens program is top notch.

One thing is certain. If we dont upgrade, Union will and that will be another program we won’t match facility wise with a good academic program.
                        I think some work can and should be done at HFH, but I have no hope it'll happen any time soon. Given the new Prez doesn't start until July 1st, and students will start arriving just weeks later, I doubt that replacing his AD is even on his to-do list....unless of course McElroy has already indicated he will depart.

One thing your argument misses about facilities is the ECAV building just above the HFH. That facility has excellent physical therapy training and rehab facilities which are used by all RPI athletes. In addition there are dedicated meeting rooms, offices, lounges etc. which are heavily used during recruiting. If you haven't been in it, you should take a look -- its really quite nice.

As for Union, they've got their hands full trying to hire a coach and attempting to figure out they'll fund their newly awarded scholarships ....I don't think they'll be breaking ground on a new rink any time soon.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Great interview and comments by Coach Smith....they guy deserves a raise for what he's put up with....just sayin'. The one overarching thought about his teams which I think was especially true this year is that the players understand their assignments and roles they're asked to play within the game plan...which as we all know has not been the case in previous regimes. It shows in every facet of the game and is really great to see as a fan. Hats off to the boys on a heck of an effort at Harvard --wish we could've seen them in Placid.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

I think some people are assuming (hoping?) that a new president will make a change here as part of the general turnover when an administration changes. This chatter has been around for a while because Dr. McElroy had already came out of retirement to jump in as interim AD when Jim Knowlton went to Air Force. But, like you, I am not aware of any concrete information that Dr. McElroy is leaving.
                            I understand the possibility as well...and personally think some new blood would be a good thing. But the new Prez starts work July 1 and the first students start arriving just weeks later. Unless McElroy has announced internally that he will depart, I would think the Prez would prefer he stay awhile as he gets the boxes unpacked and the paint dries on his office door. Call me crazy, but I don't view hiring a new AD as the fire that is burning brightest in the Prez' office on Day 1...just my two cents. Getting alumni damage control underway and donations flowing again ...now THAT is a priority...

Comment

Ottoville Leppanen has entered the transfer portal

Comment

I wondered about that. I suspect we may swap a few grad school eligible 5th year players with other schools. It's a bit of a shame as several fit well in our system and would have normally finished their 4 years of eligibility as role model seniors to help guide the young guys, but, as someone that moved on to grad school at a rival, I can understand using that undergrad to grad transition as an opportunity to try somewhere else. Hopefully we can also be that "somewhere else" for a highly talented player or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X