This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

I don't think he redshirted:he lists himself as RPI '25 on his profile.
    Very perceptive. He may not be a formal redshirt, but it appears that he was injured for at least the first few months of the season. Message board posts from October and the article below from November indicate that he was out of the lineup with an injury. At one point they were so depleted on the back line that they moved a forward back to defense.

It's also possible that he did redshirt but lost a year of eligibility in juniors. His 21st birthday was in March of 2021 and his Fargo team played later than that into the Clark Cup finals. As the captain not playing was clearly not an option so, unless he was enrolled full-time in a nearby college, he'd sacrifice one year for playing overage prior to enrolling at WMU.

In any case, let's hope Nick is now healthy and is a solid contributor to our defense for the next 3 years.

https://centericeview.wordpress.com/...n-for-huskies/

We have always prided ourselves on having high-quality people on our team. Nick should fit right in as this video, of his hair being cut as part of his cancer fund-raising shows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVmYhRWVkE4

Last edited by rpi82; 04-17-2022, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Strom missed the entire season with double shoulder surgery. Him listing himself as RPI '25 doesn't really matter because him getting a medical redshirt wouldn't affect his actual academic standing. Regardless, his strong skating and mobility will be welcome on our blueline.

Comment

• He undoubtedly completed enough credits while he was at WMU and previously in Juniors to be considered a soph at RPI. Hopefully, he will play well enough the next three seasons so we will lament it if he becomes a grad transfer at that point. ;-)
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-17-2022, 04:17 PM. Reason: typo
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
          Strom missed the entire season with double shoulder surgery. Him listing himself as RPI '25 doesn't really matter because him getting a medical redshirt wouldn't affect his actual academic standing. Regardless, his strong skating and mobility will be welcome on our blueline.
          I cannot imagine trying to recover from both shoulders being cut. I had both of mine done but years apart and each took forever to get back both mobility and then strength. But, then again, he is a young strong boy and I was so old when mine were done that it probably would take me 4 weeks to recover from cutting my toenails. i am starting to feel a little bit better about next season. Could be these recents postings and acquisitions or perhaps it is the new case of wine that Jenny opened for us!!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Today is 18 April 2022. There are 166 days until RPI's next game. There are 74 days until RPI has a new president.

This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season and 1 July 2022 for the end of @#$%^.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

I cannot imagine trying to recover from both shoulders being cut. I had both of mine done but years apart and each took forever to get back both mobility and then strength. But, then again, he is a young strong boy and I was so old when mine were done that it probably would take me 4 weeks to recover from cutting my toenails. i am starting to feel a little bit better about next season. Could be these recents postings and acquisitions or perhaps it is the new case of wine that Jenny opened for us!!
              Does anyone remember what injury caused Todd Burgess to miss his freshman season?
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Does anyone remember what injury caused Todd Burgess to miss his freshman season?
                I'm not sure which ligaments and other components were involved, but it was a pretty severe knee injury suffered at Ottawa's camp.
                Last edited by rpi82; 04-18-2022, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineers View Post
                  Evans, Brackett, Gagnon have the skill for top 6. I think Finn brown will surprise some people. Young man can really rip the puck. Danny ciccarello is built like a Mack truck will also surprise people. His shot is deadly. He was used wrong in juniors. I think the forward group will be just fine. I’m concerned about our d core. Kjeilberg is a huge loss.
                  I agree Kjellberg is a loss in both experience and his shot from the point, but I'm not ready to call it a huge loss. While he did show flashes of top tier skill he is prone to making bad angle or positional mistakes and guys blow right past him headed the net. Sorry to see him go, but life goes on !
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Absolutely agree Doc. Very tough to recover range of motion and strength in the shoulder. Hopefully he's well down the road in his rehab!
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

I'm not sure which ligaments and other components were involved, but it was a pretty severe knee injury suffered at Ottawa's camp.
                      Correct. He also had a knee injury in 2014. I think those injuries might have had a lasting impact beyond the physical recovery. It really took him a while to find his footing at RPI, but he's making a decent start in the pros. He's yo-yo'd a little between the AHL and ECHL this year, but has 35 games in the AHL and is currently with the team for the run-in to the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

I agree Kjellberg is a loss in both experience and his shot from the point, but I'm not ready to call it a huge loss. While he did show flashes of top tier skill he is prone to making bad angle or positional mistakes and guys blow right past him headed the net. Sorry to see him go, but life goes on !
                        Definitely some additional development needed on the defensive side (See: the first playoff game against Dartmouth. Total nightmare for him), but I would have loved to see him stay to see how it would have played out for 2 more years. But I agree it's time to move on now he's made that choice and I wish him the best at NMU.

Comment

• Today is 19 April 2022. There are 165 days until RPI's next game. There are 73 days until RPI has a new president.

This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season and 1 July 2022 for the end of @#$%^.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 20 April 2022. There are 164 days until RPI's next game. There are 72 days until RPI has a new president.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 21 April 2022. There are 163 days until RPI's next game. There are 71 days until RPI has a new president.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 22 April 2022. There are 162 days until RPI's next game. There are 70 days (10 weeks) until RPI has a new president.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-22-2022, 05:56 AM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X