Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2022 Off-season: Surely, We Deserve Better

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has DS’s contract expired? For some reason I thought it end the first of April. So is there technically no head coach at this point?

    Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    NY is an at-will state meaning that even when his contract expires, he is still the head coach. He'll still be the head coach unless they terminate him or he leaves.
    For whatever it's worth, the papers reported the hire on April 7, 2017 or five years ago Thursday.

    Regardless of whether still employed or not, some part of the guy must wish that rather than pursuing this bleeping job he instead just helped the Mrs. with the big spring cleaning on the Buffalo home rather than putting a for sale sign on it.

    Comment


    • Today is 5 April 2022. There are 179 days until RPI's next game. There are 87 days until RPI has a new president.


      This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season and 1 July 2022 for the end of @#$%^.


      sigpic

      Let's Go 'Tute!

      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

      2012 Poser Of The Year

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Today is 5 April 2022. There are 179 days until RPI's next game. There are 87 days until RPI has a new president.


        This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season and 1 July 2022 for the end of @#$%^.

        87 bottles of beer on the wall, 87 bottles of beer. If one of those bottles should happen to fall, then ...........................
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Engineers View Post
          I sent a email years ago with concerns about the program and it was the same exact response from McElroy “thank you for the kind and thoughtful note” word for word. Lee the house is burning down and everyone is concerned the damage being done is irreversible??!! “Thanks for noticing it’s a dumpster fire but the university will continue to prosper”
          This is a great effort and everyone here should take a few minutes to write a brief email expressing your displeasure to McElroy...over not only the coach's contract but the year of no attendance to any athletic event .... lousy communication, etc. etc. and that you'll not be making ANY donations in the near future until changes occur. We know what the canned response will be, but its important that they hear many voices, especially alums, as Shirley off ramps. Graig Eastin is the Vice President, Institute Advancement and I would include him in your email.
          eastig@rpi.edu Just my two cents.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

          Comment


          • For a bit of perspective (for myself as much as anyone here) I note today that Siena basketball just lost its 2nd player and leading scorer to the transfer portal. So this system is raising havoc across all sports. I'm not even sure how coaches even begin to manage their recruiting classes when you literally have no idea who's staying and who's going from one year to the next. Ugly.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              For a bit of perspective (for myself as much as anyone here) I note today that Siena basketball just lost its 2nd player and leading scorer to the transfer portal. So this system is raising havoc across all sports. I'm not even sure how coaches even begin to manage their recruiting classes when you literally have no idea who's staying and who's going from one year to the next. Ugly.
              As long as it is the same for everyone, they will have to learn to deal with it.
              It may be great for the players who think that they can do better elsewhere, but it is not great for us fans.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

              Comment


              • Today is 6 April 2022. There are 178 days until RPI's next game. There are 86 days until RPI has a new president.


                This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season and 1 July 2022 for the end of @#$%^.


                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

                  As long as it is the same for everyone, they will have to learn to deal with it.
                  It may be great for the players who think that they can do better elsewhere, but it is not great for us fans.
                  They doubt that most of the coaches like it either.
                  sigpic

                  Let's Go 'Tute!

                  Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                  2012 Poser Of The Year

                  Comment


                  • Today is 7 April 2022. There are 177 days until RPI's next game. There are 85 days until RPI has a new president.


                    This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season and 1 July 2022 for the end of @#$%^.


                    sigpic

                    Let's Go 'Tute!

                    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                    2012 Poser Of The Year

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

                      As long as it is the same for everyone, they will have to learn to deal with it.
                      It may be great for the players who think that they can do better elsewhere, but it is not great for us fans.
                      Probably just another method for the strong to get stronger. Some of the boys might be thought to have used their playing time at a lower rated school to demonstrate to the top tier schools that they are worthy enough. Sort of like playing in the minor leagues, doing really well, then get promoted to the majors.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                      Comment


                      • Kjellberg to northern Michigan.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

                          87 bottles of beer on the wall, 87 bottles of beer. If one of those bottles should happen to fall, then ...........................
                          Um, I learned it as ...

                          87 bottles of beer on the wall, 87 bottles of beer. Take one down, chug it all down, 86 bottles ...
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

                          North Dakota Hockey:

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

                            Um, I learned it as ...

                            87 bottles of beer on the wall, 87 bottles of beer. Take one down, chug it all down, 86 bottles ...
                            Could be a newer version! I learned mine during World War I
                            Last edited by DrDemento; 04-07-2022, 12:28 PM.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                            Comment


                            • I can confirm Coach Smith will be the head coach next season. No need for worry about that

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                                I can confirm Coach Smith will be the head coach next season. No need for worry about that
                                Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X