Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2022 Off-season: Surely, We Deserve Better

previous thread https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...re-we-left-off

Thanks to 25+years for the thread title which, hopefully, I understood.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Today is 13 March 2022. There are 202 days until RPI's next game. There are 110 days until RPI has a new president.

This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season and 1 July 2022 for the end of @#$%^.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You don’t waste any time, but I guess at your age you can’t afford to. :-D
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        This must have been for the finger on Friday. https://www.ecachockey.com/men/2021-..._RPI_Reprimand
        Not surprising, but Harvard should have gotten a reprimand as well, assuming it was their production staff on the broadcast. Not appropriate to have that camera angle broadcast to the arena for a sustained period.

Comment

Disappointing night, but the Harvard goalie was sharp in the key moments, and RPI just couldn't find a goal in time to put any real pressure on them. This RPI team definitely taught us something about what can happen when you never give in, but Harvard just had a more talent and timely goal scoring.

Will be interesting to see what RPI's roster looks like next season.

Comment

20 years without an appearance in the semifinals. At what point does the administration at RPI change the academic requirements to allow the coaches a chance to attract, or even have conversations with top tier players who may not have the greatest grades but are good character kids. I am not an alum so maybe my idea seems crazy to the alums on here but something has to give.
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Dave smith contract expires in a few weeks. wondering why RPI has not offered an extension to coach smith? He’s proven himself a very good coach that gets the most outta his players. Considering what the program has endured the past two years with RPI’ stupidity Dave has done a fine job. Theirs likely 4-5 head coaching jobs opening up very soon. Seems crazy they would wait this long? Also coach Weber has interviewed for the union job. RPI better do the right thing and lock up Dave smith for years to come or he could say bye bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Engineers View Post
                Dave smith contract expires in a few weeks. wondering why RPI has not offered an extension to coach smith? He’s proven himself a very good coach that gets the most outta his players. Considering what the program has endured the past two years with RPI’ stupidity Dave has done a fine job. Theirs likely 4-5 head coaching jobs opening up very soon. Seems crazy they would wait this long? Also coach Weber has interviewed for the union job. RPI better do the right thing and lock up Dave smith for years to come or he could say bye bye.
                Wonder if Shirley leaving means the AD is leaving and just gonna let the next administration figure it out?
                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by Engineers View Post
                  Coach Smith doesn't seem to have let it affect him nor have their been the leaks from "insiders" that often accompany a coach with an expiring contract. My current theory is that he was probably promised a short extension, such as one season to replace his Covid year, which will keep him here but permit the next administration to make the final decision on a long term renewal. I was hoping such a renewal was already in place but then I would have expected an announcement by now
                  Last edited by rpi82; 03-13-2022, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I don't know Dave Smith, have never seen him conduct a hockey practice and really have no idea whether he is good at recruiting and developing young hockey players.I will leave all of that to those who may have more knowledge on the matters. What I do know is that this team took a significant step forward this year in their ability to compete in the ECAC.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                      20 years without an appearance in the semifinals. At what point does the administration at RPI change the academic requirements to allow the coaches a chance to attract, or even have conversations with top tier players who may not have the greatest grades but are good character kids.
                      I am not sure that the admissions office is the major issue here, based on what I have heard from people close to the team over the last 10 years. Sure, some schools are harder to get into than others, but I don't think RPI has much harder standards than Harvard, Yale, or Cornell.

Comment

Today is 14 March 2022. There are 201 days until RPI's next game. There are 109 days until RPI has a new president.

This is based upon 1 October 2022 for the start of next season and 1 July 2022 for the end of @#$%^.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Since I haven't gone to a game in the last few years, I decided to change my title and signature to reflect my current state of mind around the program.
                          Tyler

"I just want to see one conference semifinal appearance before I die" is probably the most pathetic thought I've ever had. Go 'Tute.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

I am not sure that the admissions office is the major issue here, based on what I have heard from people close to the team over the last 10 years. Sure, some schools are harder to get into than others, but I don't think RPI has much harder standards than Harvard, Yale, or Cornell.
                            I don't think so either. It's been a long time since I was at RPI, but it certainly seems to me that although there are players who would not get into RPI, they it is not the main problem. The players who are or have the potential to be high NHL draft choices are being told by their family advisors that RPI is not a great place to go to. This can change, but it takes a long time.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I don't think so either. It's been a long time since I was at RPI, but it certainly seems to me that although there are players who would not get into RPI, they it is not the main problem. The players who are or have the potential to be high NHL draft choices are being told by their family advisors that RPI is not a great place to go to. This can change, but it takes a long time.
                              Could not agree more. Having known some of the families and advisors over the years, their opinion of RPI as a training ground or step towards playing at the professional level has changed. Some of that has to do with the lack of national exposure from coming to Troy as opposed to schools that have been playing just about every year in the NCAA tournament. Success breeds further success in regards to recruiting.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                              X