Unlv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlv?

Something stupid for the club team or D1 hockey in Sin City?

https://***********/UNLVRebelHockey/...Awh-oMKxQ&s=09
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Open possibilities, to be sure.

Few candidates that far west already have a suitable arena in town.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The announcement is they are playing Alaska-Anchorage three times in 2022. They’ll play twice in Anchorage in October and once in Vegas in November.

it’s good for the Seawolves as it gets them some home games as an independent. It also helps UNLV get some publicity as they are quite openly trying to show they belong in the NCAA.

UNLV Hockey, Rebel Hockey, unlvhockey, rebelhockey, UNLV mens hockey, unlv hockey team, UNLV D1 Hockey, UNLV Rebels Hockey, Rebels Hockey, UNLV D1 Rebel Hockey, UNLV Ice Hockey, Las Vegas Ice Hockey, Las Vegas College Hockey

Comment

UNLV has an ACHA club team. Will the NCAA let them go Div 1? Seems the NCAA gave St. Thomas a hard time, and they already had a successful NCAA hockey program. (on the flip side, I dont think they would let an existing Div 1 school play down either)
        Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
          UNLV has an ACHA club team. Will the NCAA let them go Div 1? Seems the NCAA gave St. Thomas a hard time, and they already had a successful NCAA hockey program. (on the flip side, I dont think they would let an existing Div 1 school play down either)
          Tell me you are clueless about the subject without saying, "I'm clueless about the subject." Lol

UNLV's ACHA club team is irrelevant. St Thomas is irrelevant. The NCAA gave UST a "hard time" because the NCAA used to have rules forbidding a school from jumping directly from DIII to DI. UNLV, already being DI, can start their team whenever they want. Just like LIU did. Just like Penn State did.

AHA:
          ECAC:

Comment

Well this may some cold water on expansion -- then again, maybe not.

https://www.sportico.com/leagues/col...rs-1234651231/
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Interesting article, although I inferred that the writer is not a college sports fan, or at least against spending on college sports. However unless you eliminate sports, the athletic facilities will need maintenance, and eventually either upgrades or replacement. Years ago I recall my town having a debate on a spending item and it was brought up that not having debt, or having too little debt were signs that the town wasn't well run. I don't recall what was considered a good debt ratio, but I would assume that the same goes for colleges and universities, although the writer is only discussing athletic debt, not overall debt.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Not seeing any correlation to UNLV. Could you not find the Illini hockey thread?

AHA:
                ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
                  All you have to do as an established Division 1 program is turn on the lights, metaphorically, to start a sport. Further they are immediately tournament eligible. Now, gettign players to campus in short order... that's its own challenge.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

...Now, getting players to campus in short order... that's its own challenge.
                    Getting top tier players to come to Vegas won't be much of a challenge. And the transfer portal will be jammed. I'm actually surprised UNLV hasn't made the jump by now.

"Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Would be great if UNLV could make that jump to D1. We need a bus trip! Then get NAU to re-start their D1 team! And while I'm wishful thinking.....get UofA to jump to D1, then.........list goes on.........

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post

Getting top tier players to come to Vegas won't be much of a challenge. And the transfer portal will be jammed. I'm actually surprised UNLV hasn't made the jump by now.
                        UNLV isn’t in a position in their Athletic Department to add Men’s hockey unless someone funds it and and equal match for women as well. Then you need a venue. The Knights practice facility doesn’t have enough seating and the Orleans has ice making capabilities but the cost pretty much pushed the ECHL out of there. The Thomas & Mack doesn’t have the dates available. And the fact that you now also have the AHL Henderson Silver Knights in town is also a factor.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post

The Knights practice facility doesn't have enough seating...
                          What, exactly, is "enough" seating? It's basically got the same capacity as ASU's current barn (600 vs 747). Pretty sure ASU has made a basic rink work while getting their feet under them...

AHA:
                          ECAC:

Comment

Working...
                          X