Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State 2021-22 The fans are back but is the team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're thankful OSU has been willing to continue scheduling us through the post-oCCHA years. This game is always a huge revenue draw for us.

Looks like going forward neither of us will have Miami State (that's for you, Hockeybuckeye...and hope your health is good) on our schedules for the foreseeable future as they've apparently irked us off in some manner. Hopefully we keep our series going.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
      We're thankful OSU has been willing to continue scheduling us through the post-oCCHA years. This game is always a huge revenue draw for us.

Looks like going forward neither of us will have Miami State (that's for you, Hockeybuckeye...and hope your health is good) on our schedules for the foreseeable future as they've apparently irked us off in some manner. Hopefully we keep our series going.
      We both have a dislike for Miami I dont care if Ohio State ever plays them again. BG on the other hand is one series i think Ohio State needs to play every year. Like i said these are the only 2 games of the year i dont cheer for the Falcons.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post

We both have a dislike for Miami I dont care if Ohio State ever plays them again.
        All I can say I haven't seen a Miami thread and fans here on USCHO in a number of years. I guess if they can't be arrogant they just slunk away.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
          It's Buckeye week up in BG. During post game interviews after our last game the boys let it slip that this weekend has been circled on calendars for months. There are only 13 reserved seats left in the Slate so it will be a big BG home crowd on Friday night despite that night being the last day of finals.

I always look forward to this series and am glad OSU is on the calendar again. Unfortunately I don't live in C-Bus any longer so will only be attending on Friday.

#OhiosNationalChamps
          I sadly can't be there for the Thursday game and because of the compromised immune system I can't go to the game at BG where you're packed in tight.

Comment

Well that was something. Ohio State looked nothing like the team that dominated Michigan last Saturday and looked completely out of sync against BG going down 3-0.
            Somehow they adjusted enough to get a goal and gain some momentum which let them finally find some chinks in BG's defense to come back and force OT where Goose got us the winning goal on a hard drive to the net!
            I'm grateful for the win but for the most part BG outplayed us tonight. It will be very interesting to see what both teams do to adjust for tomorrow's game at BG.
            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-16-2021, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Great comeback by the Buckeyes tonight. Think my wife's Falcons will come back and get the W tomorrow night in front of a sold-out crowd at the Madhouse on Mercer. Being married to a BGSU alum, we are a house divided this weekend, but when the Falcons and Buckeyes are not playing, I am a BGSU fan, and the atmosphere at the Slater Family Ice Arena takes a backseat to no one. Wish OSU had a hockey-only facility like that. That place will be rocking tomorrow night. Wish we had gotten tickets. We'll be streaming on flohockey.tv.

Comment

We moved to Ohio a year and a half ago & are going to our first OSU game in 2 weeks - the Saturday game OSU vs LIU. Any advice for dinner after (it's a 3pm game time)? Best parking? Anything else we should check out in Columbus? Thanks!
                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                ECAC:
                HEA: UMass
                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                  We moved to Ohio a year and a half ago & are going to our first OSU game in 2 weeks - the Saturday game OSU vs LIU. Any advice for dinner after (it's a 3pm game time)? Best parking? Anything else we should check out in Columbus? Thanks!
                  Parking is free for hockey at the arena. The south side of the arena borders Lane Ave and if you travel west on Lane about a mile & a half to two miles there are multiple quality restaurants there. Look on Google maps to see them all

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

Parking is free for hockey at the arena. The south side of the arena borders Lane Ave and if you travel west on Lane about a mile & a half to two miles there are multiple quality restaurants there. Look on Google maps to see them all
                    I mean, anyone can look at Google maps. What happened to asking for personal recommendations?
                    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                    ECAC:
                    HEA: UMass
                    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post

I mean, anyone can look at Google maps. What happened to asking for personal recommendations?
                      Well it depends on personal preference. Are you partial to a particular food? I like the Rusty Bucket in the Lane Ave shopping center.

https://www.myrustybucket.com/

For that Bucket's menu you'd select the Upper Arlington location.
                      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-18-2021, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

All I can say I haven't seen a Miami thread and fans here on USCHO in a number of years. I guess if they can't be arrogant they just slunk away.
                        Yeah, their fan support was a mile wide and an inch deep, and it just melted away the minute they regressed to their historical norm. There's always been an Ohio State thread here even during the program's darkest years.

I was really happy to see BG get the series, and I'd love for it to be an annual thing. After the way, Hockey's Newest Dynasty kicked BG when they were down during realignment, I hope we never give their alums a game in Columbus again. Let them wander the wilderness as their new conference's perennial punching bag. And if they ever realize the disastrous position in which their egos have put them of being in a conference with actual real hockey powers, I hope BG has the clout to slam the door shut when they start sniffing around the CCHA.
                        Last edited by Eddie Schorr; 12-20-2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Yet another 3rd period come back on the road. This team just doesnt quit when behind. Win tomorrow in regulation and they will be alone in 1st place going home against Notre Dame.

Comment

Great comeback after a very sloppy first period. The never saying quit is great, but I'd feel a bit more comfortable if the Bucks could put teams away early, especially teams that they're supposed to beat.

Comment

That commie kid is nice player.

I think if Moe had practiced all week he doesn't give up 4 Saturday, but that's who TG sent out there and you guys beat him. He had been playing really great, so I can't blame him for playing Moe. Please dispose of the rodents and the pussyrines now.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
                                Great comeback after a very sloppy first period. The never saying quit is great, but I'd feel a bit more comfortable if the Bucks could put teams away early, especially teams that they're supposed to beat.
                                They have to have better starts to games. I thought both games this weekend they were skating heavy to start the game. The PP has to start scoring or just shooting the puck more. I thought yesterday they looked for the perfect shot to much especially on that 4 on 3 in the 3rd. Important weekend against ND they need to start sweeping teams at home if they are going to win this league.

Comment

Working...
                                X