Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State 2021-22 The fans are back but is the team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State 2021-22 The fans are back but is the team?

Seems nobody wants to start the thread so I will. Last weekend we swept Penn State which is very good and a momentum builder.
    My observations so far are the passing sometimes can be much better and although we take enough shots accuracy and placement are a concern. This is a team that will progress with the season and we seem to have changed our offense where we are taking fewer perimeter shots and coming in and attacking the net generating chances at the crease - I like it!

Watching closely from a distance as Ohio State has 3 ex BU players in important roles
    Jake Wise-Mark Chermeta and Dominic Vidoli
    Wise especially a high draft choice was injured and never fulfilled potential at BU

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
      Watching closely from a distance as Ohio State has 3 ex BU players in important roles
      Jake Wise-Mark Chermeta and Dominic Vidoli
      Wise especially a high draft choice was injured and never fulfilled potential at BU
      So far they've been great contributors this season! No complaints on my end.

Comment

WOW! Down 3-0 and come back to win 4-3 over Minnesota and on the big ice too which has usually been our bane!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          WOW! Down 3-0 and come back to win 4-3 over Minnesota and on the big ice too which has usually been our bane!
          Great job sticking it to the rodents! Love it. Unlike the women's team, I have 100% distain for the men's team.

Off to a 7-2 start, impressive. I'm not sure where OSU was predicted to finish, but I think when the season is over OSU will be ahead of UW in the final standings, as will most teams in the B16.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Havent seen them in person but have watched 5 games. This team is much better than last year for sure. Getting that comeback win on Friday proves one thing over last year they wont quit. Last year the effort wasnt great especially when things went wrong. They are playing much better defense in front of Dobes. They do need to find a way to score on the PP though going forward. Looks like they are looking for the perfect shot to much. Ill be down for the Mercyhurst series in 2 weeks looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
              Havent seen them in person but have watched 5 games. This team is much better than last year for sure. Getting that comeback win on Friday proves one thing over last year they wont quit. Last year the effort wasnt great especially when things went wrong. They are playing much better defense in front of Dobes. They do need to find a way to score on the PP though going forward. Looks like they are looking for the perfect shot to much. Ill be down for the Mercyhurst series in 2 weeks looking forward to it.
              They were picked last by the coaches. I had them 6th myself.

Comment

After Friday I had hope for a sweep but getting a split on the road against a team like Minnesota isn't bad. It will be very interesting to see how they progress during the course of the season.

Comment

Having seen them in person for the first time this weekend there a things i like and dont like. Dobes is a big guy in net but seems to go down to soon and leaves the top of the net open alot. He loves to play the puck which i really like. They dont pass the puck very well and that led to a lot of unnecessary turnovers causing scoring chances for Mercyhurst. That stretch pass has come back as it did a few years ago with the Jobst teams. The PP has to get better to beat good teams. Seems to me they like to find the perfect shot and dont take the open ones they get. Friday night they got out worked in the 2nd and first 5 minutes of the 3rd and it cost them the game. Saturday i thought the effort was much better from start to finish. Dobes gave up that fluke goal to give them the lead but played pretty well otherwise all weekend. Looking forward to the trip to South Bend this weekend battle for 3rd place with the Irish.

Comment

That was a really good win on the road tonight. Especially the way it started ND came out fast and hot scoring that early goal and had a few other chances. Finally the PP looked good, still looking for that perfect shot at times but tonight at least they did shoot more and got 2 PPG's from it. Dobes played well but man i wish he would kick those rebounds to the corners. That will cost him sooner or later. Going for the road sweep tomorrow.

Comment

Well its Michigan week part 1. They better get off to better starts this week or the game will be over in the 1st period. Dobes has to stop leaving those rebounds in the middle of the ice. If he does that this weekend Michigan will score at will. Looking forward to Friday night.

Comment

All I can say is WOW! The absolute best and most intense Ohio State and Michigan hockey game I've seen in YEARS! A 6-1 OSU victory and I lost count of how many fights broke out and the ejections off the chart. OSU took the physicality to a new level and even OSU's goalie was egging Michigan's to come out to center ice for a goalie fight reminiscent of the Red Wings - Avalanche rivalry days. Michigan will be pis*ed as hell over this one and probably can't wait to get us on their ice in February.
                        Pre season Michigan looked invulnerable but I'm convinced this Ohio State team is coming together well beyond this seasons expectations and can hold their own against anybody!
                        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-11-2021, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          All I can say is WOW! The absolute best and most intense Ohio State and Michigan hockey game I've seen in YEARS! A 6-1 OSU victory and I lost count of how many fights broke out and the ejections off the chart. OSU took the physicality to a new level and even OSU's goalie was egging Michigan's to come out to center ice for a goalie fight reminiscent of the Red Wings - Avalanche rivalry days. Michigan will be pis*ed as hell over this one and probably can't wait to get us on their ice in February.
                          Pre season Michigan looked invulnerable but I'm convinced this Ohio State team is coming together well beyond this seasons expectations and can hold their own against anybody!
                          Had a chance to win on Friday night too. This team is coming along very nice right now. Michigan got a bit chippy once the game got out of hand which they have done in the past. I had to watch from Denver but i am impressed with this team in the first half of the season. On to in-state rival BG wish i could make but ill be in Vegas. Finish off the first half the right way.

Comment

It's Buckeye week up in BG. During post game interviews after our last game the boys let it slip that this weekend has been circled on calendars for months. There are only 13 reserved seats left in the Slate so it will be a big BG home crowd on Friday night despite that night being the last day of finals.

I always look forward to this series and am glad OSU is on the calendar again. Unfortunately I don't live in C-Bus any longer so will only be attending on Friday.

#OhiosNationalChamps

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                              It's Buckeye week up in BG. During post game interviews after our last game the boys let it slip that this weekend has been circled on calendars for months. There are only 13 reserved seats left in the Slate so it will be a big BG home crowd on Friday night despite that night being the last day of finals.

I always look forward to this series and am glad OSU is on the calendar again. Unfortunately I don't live in C-Bus any longer so will only be attending on Friday.

#OhiosNationalChamps
                              I am disappointed i have to miss this series. Ill be in Vegas. I love coming to the old barn in BG, living in Toledo BG is a team i cheer for outside of these two games a year. The last time Ohio State was in there that place was full and rocking during warm ups. Sounds like this game will be the same atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
                              X