Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State 2021-22 The fans are back but is the team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was much better tonight. You could tell they were on their game from the start. Need 1 more win or a MSU loss to earn Home Ice for the first round. Must win games continue next weekend. Win 3 of the next 4 and finish no worse than 2nd.

Comment

The pedster announcers were comically bad last night. First, they said that Dobes had never played in a "big time environment" like Pegula. Guy's already played at Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan State.....you know, three programs that are older than a third grader and all have multiple national championships. Then at the end of the game, they went passive-aggressive with some backhanded praise for him that started out as "while he had a bit of luck." Come on, the guy had 48 shots on goal and shut you out. That's something other than a "bit of luck."

Oh well, we go into next weekend with a good bit of momentum. Need to sweep the Cheese and then at least split the next two weekends and see where the chips fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
        The pedster announcers were comically bad last night. First, they said that Dobes had never played in a "big time environment" like Pegula. Guy's already played at Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan State.....you know, three programs that are older than a third grader and all have multiple national championships. Then at the end of the game, they went passive-aggressive with some backhanded praise for him that started out as "while he had a bit of luck." Come on, the guy had 48 shots on goal and shut you out. That's something other than a "bit of luck."

Oh well, we go into next weekend with a good bit of momentum. Need to sweep the Cheese and then at least split the next two weekends and see where the chips fall.
        Yea they went as far as saying Penn State didnt play their best game. It was pretty comical. Getting out of there with 4 of 6 points after playing poorly on Friday ill take it. You are right must get 6 points this weekend against Wisconsin to have a chance.

Comment

You folks should be in for a full points weekend. I'd rather see OSU win the B16 than anyone else if UW can't.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            You folks should be in for a full points weekend. I'd rather see OSU win the B16 than anyone else if UW can't.
            Thanks. We definitely need to pad the points this weekend since we're sitting home on the last weekend of the season.

Buckeyville posters seem to think the Badgers are going to go full goon if they get down a couple of goals. It should be an interesting night. In any event, I can always respect some honest, in-your-face goonery. Much preferable to the chippy, spear you in the back and skate off *****ery that Michigan's been playing since the Berneson days. Hope you guys get it together. It's good for the Big Ten and good for college hockey.

Comment

Thanks. We definitely need to pad the points this weekend since we're sitting home on the last weekend of the season.

Buckeyville posters seem to think the Badgers are going to go full goon if they get down a couple of goals. It should be an interesting night. In any event, I can always respect some honest, in-your-face goonery. Much preferable to the chippy, spear you in the back and skate off *****ery that Michigan's been playing since the Berneson days. Hope you guys get it together. It's good for the Big Ten and good for college hockey.
              Well that wasnt pretty to say the least. They didnt start well for the 2nd straight Friday and and it cost them more points. They did clinch home ice for the playoffs but now they must get 5 or more from either Minnesota or Michigan or both and get 3 points tomorrow if they are going to have a chance to win this league.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post

Well that wasnt pretty to say the least. They didnt start well for the 2nd straight Friday and and it cost them more points. They did clinch home ice for the playoffs but now they must get 5 or more from either Minnesota or Michigan or both and get 3 points tomorrow if they are going to have a chance to win this league.
                The slow starts are going to kill us when the tournaments roll around. Minnesota won last night, so they've closed the gap to six points. My feeling was always that we needed 15 points these past three weekends, and we can still get that with an outright win tonight. Then, split the next two series, and Minny will probably be eliminated, though we'd probably need some help from the Domers the last weekend.

Comment

The slow starts are going to kill us when the tournaments roll around. Minnesota won last night, so they've closed the gap to six points. My feeling was always that we needed 15 points these past three weekends, and we can still get that with an outright win tonight. Then, split the next two series, and Minny will probably be eliminated, though we'd probably need some help from the Domers the last weekend.
                  The gap is only 5 points 39-34 reality is i dont think they get a sweep in either series the next 2 weekends. Splitting it more likely to happen in each. They wont be able to lockout Minnesota unless the Gophers lose tonight and Ohio State sweeps them next week. So they will have to depend on others now if they are going to win the title. Lets take care of 3 points tonight.

Comment

Last night was much better from start to finish like coach said even though they started the same as the night before with a penalty in the first 2 minutes. Getting 3 points was great getting 5 points on the weekend was great its not the 6 we wanted and wont allow them to close out Minnesota this coming weekend. Up 5 points on Minnesota with the Gophers able to get 18 points and The Buckeyes only 12 they need to at worst split this series. Reality is they will need help to win or even finish 2nd in the conference. Minnesota is at Penn State in 2 weeks and that is a place they have struggled for years so maybe they get the help then. The Gophers finish with Wisconsin at home so that isnt promising. Michigan has state this week then Ohio State and then at ND which can be tough place to play. So take care of buisness the next two weeks and let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

Last night was much better from start to finish like coach said even though they started the same as the night before with a penalty in the first 2 minutes. Getting 3 points was great getting 5 points on the weekend was great its not the 6 we wanted and wont allow them to close out Minnesota this coming weekend. Up 5 points on Minnesota with the Gophers able to get 18 points and The Buckeyes only 12 they need to at worst split this series. Reality is they will need help to win or even finish 2nd in the conference. Minnesota is at Penn State in 2 weeks and that is a place they have struggled for years so maybe they get the help then. The Gophers finish with Wisconsin at home so that isnt promising. Michigan has state this week then Ohio State and then at ND which can be tough place to play. So take care of buisness the next two weeks and let the chips fall where they may.
                      I was told there'd be no math, but here's my best estimate.

So, we got the 15 points that I said we'd need the last three weeks, but since we didn't get any help against tsun abnd Gopher, it might not be enough. Here's how the last three weeks play out. We have Gopher at home and then finish the season @tsun. Both teams will be missing multiple key players to the Olympics. The last weekend, we're sitting at home with nothing but our dicks in our hands. I'm assuming that tsun and Gopher both pick up full points on the weekend they don't play us before the final weekend. If they don't then that pushes the numbers in our favor.
                      • Sweep both weekends, and we clinch.
                      • Get 3 out of 4, and we eliminate the team we sweep. I'd prefer that to be Gopher because I feel better about getting some help from the domers in South Bend than from the cheese in Minneapolis.
                      • Split both weekends, and we probably don't win it as we'll need Gopher and tsun to both drop points the last weekend.
                      • Sweep one series and get swept the other, and chances are almost certain that we end up in 2nd.
                      Still, considering that we were an almost unanimous choice to finish last, and we're fighting for the B1G championship down the stretch and an almost certain bid to the ncaa, this has been a hell of a season. Throw in the fact that our top two scorers and hot as hell goalie are all freshmen, and I think the program has fully rebounded from last year.

Comment

I was told there'd be no math, but here's my best estimate.

So, we got the 15 points that I said we'd need the last three weeks, but since we didn't get any help against tsun abnd Gopher, it might not be enough. Here's how the last three weeks play out. We have Gopher at home and then finish the season @tsun. Both teams will be missing multiple key players to the Olympics. The last weekend, we're sitting at home with nothing but our dicks in our hands. I'm assuming that tsun and Gopher both pick up full points on the weekend they don't play us before the final weekend. If they don't then that pushes the numbers in our favor.
                        • Sweep both weekends, and we clinch.
                        • Get 3 out of 4, and we eliminate the team we sweep. I'd prefer that to be Gopher because I feel better about getting some help from the domers in South Bend than from the cheese in Minneapolis.
                        • Split both weekends, and we probably don't win it as we'll need Gopher and tsun to both drop points the last weekend.
                        • Sweep one series and get swept the other, and chances are almost certain that we end up in 2nd.
                        Still, considering that we were an almost unanimous choice to finish last, and we're fighting for the B1G championship down the stretch and an almost certain bid to the ncaa, this has been a hell of a season. Throw in the fact that our top two scorers and hot as hell goalie are all freshmen, and I think the program has fully rebounded from last year.
                        I had them 6th so they have went above and beyond what i thought this season was going to be. They have to run the gauntlet and get help to win this thing but i think 3rd place seems to be the safe bet unless ND can get points from Michigan. I dont see them getting swept in either of these last two series as they havent been swept all year long and they only have 1 full 6 point weekend since Christmas. Getting this young team to the NCAA Tournament is going to be huge for the program going forward. One more sleep until the Gophers come to town. Lets hope for a 4 or more point weekend and see where this goes.

Comment

Well those 2 games pretty much sure up they will finish 3rd. Last night was a clinic from the first shift on. After Tate tied it and they gave up that PPG with 2 seconds left and the bad mistake to give up that 2 on 1 for the 3rd goal that was it. On to Michigan hoping to get a split and sure up 3rd place.

Comment

Well those 2 games pretty much sure up they will finish 3rd. Last night was a clinic from the first shift on. After Tate tied it and they gave up that PPG with 2 seconds left and the bad mistake to give up that 2 on 1 for the 3rd goal that was it. On to Michigan hoping to get a split and sure up 3rd place.
                            Yeah. Hell of a letdown. Team was fighting for a 2 seed or, if some above it stumbled, even a 1. Now, barring a complete collapse next week and in the B1G, we're looking at backing in as a 4. Still, I'll take it given what preseason expectations were. The big thing for me is seeing how this young team responds to this weekend's collapse. I think it will be very telling not only for this year but next year too.

Comment

This is a great perspective, and it's still true. And there is some comfort in that, after an extremely tough weekend for OSU Hockey. For both the Men & Women's teams.

Looking forward is the only option, of course. And there certainly is some fun ahead. If you can't get excited to play at Yost, you don't have a pulse. And a home playoff series sounds good too.

Go Bucks.

Comment

Yeah. Hell of a letdown. Team was fighting for a 2 seed or, if some above it stumbled, even a 1. Now, barring a complete collapse next week and in the B1G, we're looking at backing in as a 4. Still, I'll take it given what preseason expectations were. The big thing for me is seeing how this young team responds to this weekend's collapse. I think it will be very telling not only for this year but next year too.
                                With it being Michigan week I dont think it will take much to get up for but after that beatdown on Saturday night I think they will come out jacked up. Lets hope Loheri and Gerogii are able to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X