Big Red Ramblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    40-Year Fan, were in the same seat in the third period that you were for the first two periods?
    Yes, I sit in the seat I have the ticket for.
    . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

• Dang! I thought I had you pegged as the guy in the top row of section 9, by himself, but he never returned to his seat for the third period. he he he. Thanks.

Comment

• Ethan Manderville scored the game winner last night, son of your famous All American Kent. I've been trying to figure out why Cornell didn't recruit him ??
        Last edited by sshablak; 02-05-2022, 01:38 PM.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Nice of the writers here to give Cornell and missing Shaf a little love. While it leaves a hole in the locker room, what about missing Max, Cody, and Ben this past Saturday? These guys are studs and we need them back for the stretch run. Does anyone have any intel on getting them back? Maybe late season magic if and when Coach comes back? What a strange 3 year period for the program....

Comment

• Originally posted by BigRedBeer View Post
            what about missing Max, Cody, and Ben this past Saturday? These guys are studs and we need them back for the stretch run. Does anyone have any intel on getting them back?
            I don't have any intel on them. I know Kyler Kovich is going to be out for a while and at the end of Friday's game, Ertel was holding one arm with the other -- did not look good. I think these injuries are a sign that conditioning is not where it should be. Colgate often outskated the Cornell players, particularly in the third period when the whole team looked tired. I'm thinking that the half of the team that had COVID in December really interrupted training and has set the team back. This weekend's games will show us whether they still have any fight, or are just drifting downward.

. . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

• Last night's game looked to be a farce, third period you outshot RPI 21-5 and got outscored 3-0 with two empty netters. Hockey is cruel sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                Last night's game looked to be a farce, third period you outshot RPI 21-5 and got outscored 3-0 with two empty netters. Hockey is cruel sometimes.
                Giving up the four other goals made me think....when is the last time you could say we had a poor goalie performance? Maybe ASU, but that's not usually a Cornell concern, ever.

Comment

• I don't think it's coincidental that basically your losing streak coincides with coach Mike gone. How much of an effect do you think this is having on the team ?

Comment

I don't think it's coincidental that basically your losing streak coincides with coach Mike gone. How much of an effect do you think this is having on the team ?
                    I, personally think it's huge. While I'm sure Syr is a excellent coach and the players respect him, losing Shaf has left a gaping whole in the group...the coincidence is jarring and they need him back ASAP...but personal health is important. With the 19-20 season drama, COVID cancellation last year, and now this...it has to be a lot to carry around for these guys. I feel bad for the final year players...nothing seems normal at all. We've seen the potential high this team can achieve with the UND wins, the QU win, the tie with Clarkson (ugh). Now we've lived the lows. This team has the potential to be a noise maker in March.

Comment

• On USCHO.com this morning there is an article about (suggesting) the Ivy break off as an 8 team league and creating some other league in the east....with the AHA and ECAC merging or some other crap. The idea is a knee jerk to a down year for many Ivies....holding QU back from higher Pairwise/ranking/respect. I have a better idea. BOOT QU and the Bobcats to Hockey East and bring RIT into the ECAC. RIT is FAR better aligned to how the ECAC was built, long before QU invest zillions into their program and building. Lets them go to battle with the Boston schools...I'd take UVM too.

Thoughts???

Comment

• Are you old enough to remember the Ivies having their own Division, lol ?

Comment

Are you old enough to remember the Ivies having their own Division, lol ?
                          Actually, no. Can you educate me and also...what does it matter going forward?

Comment

• Go to ECAC hockey history. The ECAC used to include the teams from Hockey East until 1984 when they broke off. There were then somewhere around eighteen teams in the ECAC, three divisons, one division was just the Ivies. From the early sixties to 1984 you will be surprised about how many colleges had "ECAC" teams. Nescac D3 teams, Hamilton College, Bowdoin etc. MIT had a team, Army, Penn. Check it out !

Comment

• And, BC, BU, Northeastern, Providence etc, all used to come to Colgate and Cornell every year for league games, it was great !

Comment

And, BC, BU, Northeastern, Providence etc, all used to come to Colgate and Cornell every year for league games, it was great !
                                The Lynah Faithful (of which I'll be part of this weekend) book gives some insight and obviously, RHH was spawned by the good old days and the rivalry with BU. (BU, who are red hot right now)

What do you think about any realignment?

Comment

Working...
                                X