X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40-Year Big Red Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by 40-Year Big Red Fan View Post
    Gutsy game. Didn't fold when UND scored first. The Big Red persevered despite being heavily outshot and losing FO. Ian Shane has earned the starting position for a while: 1st star of the night tonight. He has a .955 save percentage.

Nice to have other players like Kovich coming along. North Dakota had not been swept at home since November of 2018. And Cornell leveled its all time record v. UND to 5-5.
    And apparently had not been swept at home by a non-conference opponent since 2006.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Congrats for the sweep....awesome !

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Very good game for us. Cornell was playing its kind of game for big stretches of the third, with the lead, despite NoDak being good and working hard. We were also fortunate, but taking advantage of your fortune is how you win!

Leave a comment:

• 40-Year Big Red Fan
    replied
    Gutsy game. Didn't fold when UND scored first. The Big Red persevered despite being heavily outshot and losing FO. Ian Shane has earned the starting position for a while: 1st star of the night tonight. He has a .955 save percentage.

Nice to have other players like Kovich coming along. North Dakota had not been swept at home since November of 2018. And Cornell leveled its all time record v. UND to 5-5.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Great win, wish I saw it ! Repeat today !

Leave a comment:

• 40-Year Big Red Fan
    replied
    Very gutsy third period comeback after a dismal second period. O'Leary in his second start was the sparkplug and deservedly first star of the game. Assistant Coach Flanagan says Schafer told them after second period, you've got nothing to lose: don't play timidly and afraid of mistakes. Guess it worked. Very tough war tomorrow night.

Very nice to see unsung players step up.
    Last edited by 40-Year Big Red Fan; 01-10-2022, 11:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    3 goals in the closing minutes of the third to win at North Dakota, 4-3. Without Stienburg and Berard and in front of Shane's first start.

Hell yeah.

Leave a comment:

• 40-Year Big Red Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    I can't find the Colgate game OR the Cornell game on ESPN+ ?????
    Cornell-North Dakota game only on subscription
    https://www.nchc.tv/schedule/event/549

But Cornell audio: https://v7player.wostreaming.net/7947

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    I can't find the Colgate game OR the Cornell game on ESPN+ ?????

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    BigRedBeer, yes and yes. Love big-block supermodifieds. But, as someone with foot/leg braces on both feet and a cane, both facilities you mentioned need hand-railings!! he he he

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied
    Real tests for you guys this weekend, think I'll watch.

Leave a comment:

• BigRedBeer
    replied
    [QUOTE=I enjoy ice hockey (115 rinks) and auto racing (455 tracks) and history. Thanks. - Tom[/QUOTE]

Ever been to the Oswego Speedway for the Supermodifieds? OR Lynah Rink??

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied
    Just saw that UND will be making the return trip to Cornell next January. The series makes up for the one lost last season.

Leave a comment:

• iowabasedtraveler
    replied
    Sol Diablo... send me at email at iowabasedtraveler at yahoo dot com and we can communicate about my upcoming trip to Phoenix. I enjoy ice hockey (115 rinks) and auto racing (455 tracks) and history. Thanks. - Tom

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied
    Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    According to wiki... Oceanside's original name was “Big Skate” to match the adjacent water park “Big Surf” and to match the never-built tennis court "Big Serve" before it was changed to Oceanside sometime before opening to match the west coast theming of the sports complex.
    Am headed there in March to take in an LIU game. A snowbird just sent me pix of 5000-seat Arena under construction... it looks like it will be nice.
    For some reason the "namers" decided that because it was next to Big Surf it was logical to call it Oceanside in the end.
    I might be at that game. But regardless, if you need some hints on where to go in Tempe, general Phx area or AZ in general, depending on how much time you have and if you've never been there before, I can give you some pointers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X