Bottom Feeders 2021 ish... Yes. ish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom Feeders 2021 ish... Yes. ish.

The Commish left for groceries during last year's tournament and everyone involved left the grounds.

We are having a field this year. If the Commish had her way, a certain school 100 miles north of Marquette would be number one in perpetuity. But she tries to be fair.

Hopefully JJM and Fade will be back in Assistant roles.

And this year, we're doing something different for sites. We will accept fictional hellscapes as submissions.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

John J. MacInnes will attend.

Comment

I was hoping to have a regional in Night Vale.
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        I was hoping to have a regional in Night Vale.
        Futile Four in Oceania?

Comment

Hosting in Eurasia? I heard they are at war with East Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Futile Four in Oceania?
            Can we do it on the ocean?

Comment

I was thinking Muskegon Heights for a regional in their HS gym, while "gunshots or fireworks?" went on outside.

Comment

I'm going to nominate a flaming garbage barge in Cleveland harbor at the mouth of the Cuyahoga River as a regional site.

Comment

Took a look at the standings this morning.

While I don't have time to reveal a field of 16 today, I can definitely tell you Maine, my alma mater, and Vermont are part of the top 5.

Comment

Looking at what's available:

I will take JJM's flaming garbage barge as our site for the Midwest, and I will put our Eastern regional high on Mt. Washington, where Marty the cat will supervise things.

Comment

Getting word of mouth for the Mississippi Coast Coliseum ice rink. Latest Google review was as follows (1 star):

"Awful customer service and horrible communication. My little cousin and her friend drove 3 hours to go skating. They called ahead to check fir availability and asked if they could buy tickets in advance. They were told there was plenty of space available and tickets online were not available. When they got there the RUDE woman at the front told them they only had 1 ticket left. When the girls explained they had checked ahead and driven so far to come there the woman mocked them by singing “let it go” in their faces. Wow... way to ruin the night for a couple of girls. I will never recommend this activity for anyone ever again."

That's the way to get a regional.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        Getting word of mouth for the Mississippi Coast Coliseum ice rink. Latest Google review was as follows (1 star):

"Awful customer service and horrible communication. My little cousin and her friend drove 3 hours to go skating. They called ahead to check fir availability and asked if they could buy tickets in advance. They were told there was plenty of space available and tickets online were not available. When they got there the RUDE woman at the front told them they only had 1 ticket left. When the girls explained they had checked ahead and driven so far to come there the woman mocked them by singing “let it go” in their faces. Wow... way to ruin the night for a couple of girls. I will never recommend this activity for anyone ever again."

That's the way to get a regional.
                        You sold me.

Comment

Hosting in Eurasia? I heard they are at war with East Asia.
                          If's there's gonna be one in Eurasia, there should be one in Myasia as well. Fair is fair...
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Nomination for the West Regional - the westbound I-90 rest area near White Lake, SD. In the literal middle of nowhere. Has minimal amenities and facilities, but does have a pump-out station (usually closed for the winter but officials promise to thaw it out for the tournament). Regional headquarters in the on-site chapel. The rink will be outdoors on a retaining pond - which the teams must access by dodging traffic to cross the interstate. Reportedly one working public access phone for all communication needs.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wh...!4d-98.6161334

Comment

Looking at what's available:

I will take JJM's flaming garbage barge as our site for the Midwest, and I will put our Eastern regional high on Mt. Washington, where Marty the cat will supervise things.
                              Marty has passed on, but his replacement Nimbus is all in on reffing the East Regional. Unlike Marty, Nimbus still has all of his teeth (and claws, of course).
                              Last edited by Snively65; 11-26-2021, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X