Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darius
    replied
    Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
    Folks - sorry for the late notice, but I have the opportunity to provide some very direct feedback on the national search this Wednesday. I obviously have my own thoughts and ideas, but would love your honest and constructive input as well. It would help provide a balanced perspective and a set of themes regarding what this selection means for athletics broadly, and hockey more directly. Thanks in advance.
    Good for you and the U ‘dc. I participated in a similar forum at the Elliott Alumni Center not long after Debbie Dutton joined UNH. I don’t recall athletics, certainly not a specific hire being the topic, but Marty spoke to the group and it was clear from one of the organizational behavior/team building/ice breaking group exercises that the majority of attendees maintained their connection to UNH through men’s hockey and/or football. This was not a coincidence. The University is aware of it. ‘watcher’s “special sports” below.

BTW ‘watcher, great post. All of it. Except for basketball. Really? ;-) The rest was worded better than I would have done, but all thoughts swirling around in my head. Knowing the hiring metrics would be my first question. The second would be if UNH is aware and committed to the special sports performing at a respectable level. My thought would be that while each team does not have to attain the exact metric of respectability every year, head coach of a special sport is not a lifetime appointment.

My metric for respectable is:
    • Being in the top half (home ice) of the regular season standings more often than not
    • Win in the first conference playoff round (go to the Garden) more often than not
    • Advance to the conference finals one of five Garden trips
    • Win the conference tournament twice every generation creating institutional memory
    • Qualify for the NCAAs more often than not
    • Win the first round NCAA game more often than not
    • Essentially go into every year thinking an NCAA title is not impossible

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied
    ratemyprofessors.com

Leave a comment:

• Whalers
    replied
    Picket signs - I like the slogan "pay us like hockey coaches". Even with how terrible the hockey team is doing, they still put a lot more asses in the seats than the largest lecture hall. Would those same teachers/professors be ok with the admin's ability to fire them at will? How about people/parents being able to watch every class and place them under the results microscope? The same individuals calling up "TeachersHub" to critique every lecture for grammar, content and also opine about how terrible your wardrobe looks? Actually, that might be a lot of fun. :-)

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
    Maybe in terms of the bus ride and facilities, but it's hardly Yost Arena or Lynah Rink...
    Hey there nice to see you here! I'd think you'd have plenty to give to wildcatdc being a long time fan!

Leave a comment:

• ClOuD 9
    replied
    Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

I was running late today so listened to the pregame. Souza was interviewed and said they had a short practice Saturday. Also said the Gutt is a tough place to play but whatever. Anyway definitely they played as well as I've ever seen them play today and the worst I've seen them play Friday.

Happy for Robinson getting the shutout. Onto the Blackbears should be interesting!
    Maybe in terms of the bus ride and facilities, but it's hardly Yost Arena or Lynah Rink...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X