Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

I get your point but just what are "we" going to do about it? Serious q...This has been in the works for awhile. I don't support it necessarily but hey I hear it will turn us into a recruiting powerhouse....
    It is the legacy project of a head coach who retired 4 season ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNH 98 View Post
      Why are we allowing an outgoing athletic director and a lame duck coach to decide the long term future of the hockey program by changing the ice size when neither will be here to deal with it?
      Seems like something that should've been left for their replacements to decide.
      That's an incredibly astute, common-sense question begging for a real answer from the new UNH AD.

It's actually a very good question to pose to the various AD candidates, if they're serious about this.

If I were an AD candidate, and they steamrolled that decision pre-hire, I'd say "good luck, boys" ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Tyler Ward signs with Maine Mariners
        The Souza record:
        15-16 10th place
        16-17 10th place
        17-18 11th place
        18-19 8th place
        19-20 9th place
        20-21 10th place
        21-22 9th place
        22-23 10th place

Comment

Why are we allowing an outgoing athletic director and a lame duck coach to decide the long term future of the hockey program by changing the ice size when neither will be here to deal with it?
          Seems like something that should've been left for their replacements to decide.
          The cooling system needs replacing regardless of ice size. This is an opportunity to do both getting rid of an Olympic size sheet. What I don’t understand is going to 90 not 85.

the only logical reason I can think of is to limit space between first row and boards. Instead of 7.5 feet there will only be 5

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post
            The cooling system needs replacing regardless of ice size. This is an opportunity to do both getting rid of an Olympic size sheet. What I don't understand is going to 90 not 85.

the only logical reason I can think of is to limit space between first row and boards. Instead of 7.5 feet there will only be 5
            This project has been delayed seemingly forever, why not wait a month or two for the new AD to decide? Even if it closes the window on doing the work this summer, they can always do it a year from now if the new AD thinks it's important to shrink the rink. Or they can bump the work into the Fall, schedule only road games early OR (*gasp*) play a few home games in Manch to reconnect with a large swathe of their former fanbase. That seemed to work pretty well in '94/'95 ...

Comment

• Engaras to the AHL. Seems like a mass exodus which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing.

The Bakersfield Condors announced today that the team has signed forward Filip Engar?s to an amateur tryout agreement for the remainder of the 2021-22 season. In addition, the 22-year old has signed a two-year American Hockey League (AHL) contract beginning with the 2022-23 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post

The cooling system needs replacing regardless of ice size. This is an opportunity to do both getting rid of an Olympic size sheet. What I don’t understand is going to 90 not 85.

Makes 0 sense to me either but I think your guess is correct. They don't have the money to reconfigure the seats and maybe 7.5 feet is too outrageous of a gap between the first row and the boards. It feels like it's going to be weird either way.

Interestingly enough Agganis, Matthews and the Gutt are all 200x90

Comment

• The Whittemore Center Arena Design & Replacement of Ice Floor System report released in 2019 is available online. I have only skimmed but have found it interesting.

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

It is the legacy project of a head coach who retired 4 season ago.
                    Thanks for the further insight on this...had no idea Umile wanted this as well...
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                      The Whittemore Center Arena Design & Replacement of Ice Floor System report released in 2019 is available online. I have only skimmed but have found it interesting.

Sean
                      Sean when you get a minute do share your insights
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        The Whittemore Center Arena Design & Replacement of Ice Floor System report released in 2019 is available online. I have only skimmed but have found it interesting.

Sean
                        Thanks for this Sean. I read it pretty thoroughly when it was published. The most interesting/frustrating parts are what is not being done due to cost. Fixing the sight lines and using wasted space. In a perfect world the refrigeration system replacement could be delayed until (if) funds could be raised to do everything just exactly perfect. Thinking back to puddles of water delaying games, repairs can’t wait.
                        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Filip Engaras signs a 2 year deal with the Bakersfield Condors. Congrats Filip!!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Read a story today about a W the women's lax team had (their 4th in a row) and there was at the bottom of the basic stuff was a section called "coaches quips". Not sure if that's something all UNH coaches do (I didn't see any on Men's Hockey) but thought it was cool. A good way to acknowledge your team in a positive way and to communicate to the fanbase how the HC views what's going on. ...just talking out loud!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Started off season thread if ya wanna post on it...
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Thanks for the further insight on this...had no idea Umile wanted this as well...
                                ... it should be noted that almost 30 years ago, Coach Umile likely would have had a major hand in the decision to construct the Whittemore Center's ice as an Olympic-sized sheet.

No one seemingly had an issue with it until the program started to circle the drain ...

Comment

Working...
                                X