Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post

There were some posters on the HEA tourney thread that were PRETTY confident about BU’s chances today. Whoops!
    Well you know what they say sucks to B.....U
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Welp looks like UConn is heading to the Garden....wow. (Frankly not surprised)
      I'm not surprised either! When UConn hired Cavanaugh and Maine hired Gendron in the same year, I predicted in the Maine threads that Cavanaugh would be at TD Garden before Maine. Congrats to UConn for making their first appearance!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post

I'm not surprised either! When UConn hired Cavanaugh and Maine hired Gendron in the same year, I predicted in the Maine threads that Cavanaugh would be at TD Garden before Maine. Congrats to UConn for making their first appearance!!
        well, their recruiting improved significantly after (checks notes) 2015.
        The Souza record:
        15-16 10th place
        16-17 10th place
        17-18 11th place
        18-19 8th place
        19-20 9th place
        20-21 10th place
        21-22 9th place
        22-23 10th place

Comment

Well you know what they say sucks to B.....U
          If Steve Metcalf does interview for the AD's job I hope someone on the search committee asks him to explain the logic/thought process that awarded the 4 seed to UConn. Would be a fascinating window into how his mind works.
          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post

If Steve Metcalf does interview for the AD's job I hope someone on the search committee asks him to explain the logic/thought process that awarded the 4 seed to UConn. Would be a fascinating window into how his mind works.
            Water under the bridge, don't you think? It has already been explained ad nauseum on the other threads (or are you being sarcastic? Again, difficult to tell with the written word and without emojis)

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post

Water under the bridge, don't you think? It has already been explained ad nauseum on the other threads (or are you being sarcastic? Again, difficult to tell with the written word and without emojis)
              Yes, sarcasm for the most part, I do miss the emojis.
              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• At least we're narrowing the issue a little bit with our spat here, 'dc. FWIW like the other posters have said, I do appreciate the insights you've offered of late on the process. Now, if you can wipe your hands clean of the cotton candy stickiness for a moment, let's wrap this up for good ...

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                You took a single portion of one line in a detailed summary I provided about the search tried (unsuccessfully) to undermine the credibility of this guy. I mentioned that he was a Chicago guy and that he was once in an exec role with the Bulls. Total throw-in comment that I thought would be interesting to people. Didn't see the need to provide the guy's 45-year work history.
                One slight omission, 'dc. You (or he?) felt it was important to mention this was "MJ era Bulls". Not Norm Van Lier era, not Derrick Rose era, but THE MJ Era. If you'd (he'd) only said it was with the Bulls, I probably don't say boo. But you (or he) brought in the MJ Era, and it felt like you (he) wanted credit. I'm sure you can understand the inferences. Just sayin' ...

1. You first said that if he worked with Krause, he was garbage. I believe it was a “good luck with that”. That turned out wrong.
                2. Next, you claimed that whatever he did with the Bulls, based on his age and the timeframe, he had to have been nothing more than an assistant water carrier. That turned out wrong.
                My point was (still is) that further to the discussion of importance of your guy's role - and I'm not pushing for disclosure of details to "out" your guy - the only guys with any real say on the Bulls franchise in that era were (1) Reinsdorf, (2) Krause, a long drop to (3) Jordan, and (4-10) an even longer drop into irrelevance to anyone else in the front office, most if not all of whom would be Reinsdorf/Krause-friendly "yes" men. That's not "garbage", Lord knows if the Celts wanted a young Chuck to count Red's paperclips, and nod "yes" at appropriate times, I'd have been all in, too. That's the reality of that era, and despite your claims of me being "wrong", you haven't established otherwise.

3. Next it was that he “led with this on his CV” (wrong) and that he was puffing his resume and likely not somebody to be impressed by. Something about whipped cream or something. That turned out wrong.
                I haven't seen the guy's resume, 'dc. You mentioned the "MJ era Bulls" in your recap. So if I'm "wrong" I'll apologize here to your guy, and shift the criticism to you, OK? Again, if you give us the Forbes quote, and say he's had a hand in dozens if not hundreds of major college AD hires nationally, I don't say boo. Mid-level functionary with the MJ Era Bulls? Big whoop.

With regards to “lining up excuses”… No. They are simply concerns, valid reasons why someone would look hard at other options. My hope is that President Dean is able to sell past those types of objections, and grab an up-and-comer who would provide us with a 5-10-year “rehab and return” before moving into the big time. The recruit must feel confident that the conditions are there to effect such a turnaround.
                I want UNH to nail this decision spot-on in the worst way. There's only so much time I have left to watch the hamster wheel at UNH Athletics spin out mediocre hockey, football and hoops, in that order (and God Bless Marc Hubbard for making UNH Men's Soccer relevant). To paraphrase the great Rodney Dangerfield ... "Hurry up, while we're still young" ...

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• News from the front Ryan Verrier signs with the Worcester Railers so there's one Senior not returning (not that I expected him to as I figured he would go pro). Good luck Ryan! Bet Pierson is next...

Comment

News from the front Ryan Verrier signs with the Worcester Railers so there's one Senior not returning (not that I expected him to as I figured he would go pro). Good luck Ryan! Bet Pierson is next...
                    Pierson will want to do better than 'Coast hockey. Whether he gets the chance is anyone's guess.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Well Ref good guess…however it appears that the answer is will Mac! I think we will miss both of them. Solid stay at home guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                        Well Ref good guess…however it appears that the answer is will Mac! I think we will miss both of them. Solid stay at home guys.
                        MacAdams signing just announced..going with ADK

Comment

News from the front Ryan Verrier signs with the Worcester Railers so there's one Senior not returning (not that I expected him to as I figured he would go pro). Good luck Ryan! Bet Pierson is next...
                          I’m still going with Pierson is back for his free year. It won’t make or break the season with no talent around him but could be better than what we don’t know

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Pierson will want to do better than 'Coast hockey. Whether he gets the chance is anyone's guess.
                            And I'm totally guessing! Like..he could get an ATO with an AHL team kind of thing....will be interesting to see what he decides...like Norbert says...maybe he stays another year and I'm totally cool with that!

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post
                              Just got my Exciting News email from UNH regarding the renovations to the Whit. I’m completely baffled why the rink size is going to be 200x90. My thought is make it NHL size but shouldn’t be surprised
                              Why are we allowing an outgoing athletic director and a lame duck coach to decide the long term future of the hockey program by changing the ice size when neither will be here to deal with it?
                              Seems like something that should've been left for their replacements to decide.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNH 98 View Post
                                Why are we allowing an outgoing athletic director and a lame duck coach to decide the long term future of the hockey program by changing the ice size when neither will be here to deal with it?
                                Seems like something that should've been left for their replacements to decide.
                                I get your point but just what are "we" going to do about it? Serious q...This has been in the works for awhile. I don't support it necessarily but hey I hear it will turn us into a recruiting powerhouse....

Comment

Working...
                                X