Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
    2. The partner that led the meeting I attended was out of Chicago and an exec for the Bulls in the MJ years.
    If you've watched The Last Dance I'm not sure I'd view being "an exec for the Bulls in the MJ years" positively. Either you were Jerry Krause (RIP), or were hired by Krause. Good luck with that ...
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
      Having watched BC twice last weekend, I am not overly disappointed with last night's result. Dop has been amazing. McBain is a beast and Giles, Nesterenko, St. Ivany... the list goes on. The SHG was brutal, probably a result of pushing too hard, but still. The game with mostly special teams scoring was a microcosm of the season. Ward played like a man who did not want his career to end. Robinson looked crushed at the end.
      He was....def crushed. Wishing him the best and the rest going forward.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

If you've watched The Last Dance I'm not sure I'd view being "an exec for the Bulls in the MJ years" positively. Either you were Jerry Krause (RIP), or were hired by Krause. Good luck with that ...
        I did watch that. That’s seriously the best you could do? That a guy who is currently a senior partner with one of the world’s largest search firms, who himself has conducted many successful searches for top-flight D1 programs and professional teams is somehow unqualified because in his early years as an up-and-coming exec in sports management was somehow tainted by the idiot Krause?

Wow.
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• As an fyi, UMass defenseman Scott Morrow is NOT UNH forward Scottie Morrow's son. His father is Scottie's brother STEVE who played defense at UNH. Ran into Steve at the Whitt after the UMass/UNH game earlier this season. Would not be surprised to see Scott be a one season college player.

Comment

Regarding SM - agreed, not beating on him either. Hell, the guy hung around our fraternity in school.
            His only option was to hang around, none of the frats wanted him! Probably still trying to get into one. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post

His only option was to hang around, none of the frats wanted him! Probably still trying to get into one. :-)
              No comment. ;-)

Comment

• So.Will Margel (18-1-3-4)--------Sr.Harrison Blaisdell-(25-2-6-8)------So.Robert Cronin (30-7-5-12)
                So.Liam Devlin-(34-9-7-16)-----Fr.Stiven Sardarian--(NA)-------------Fr.Kristap Skrastins (NA)
                Fr.Cy Leclerc-(NA)----------------Sr.Chase Stevenson-(33-4-1-5)------Fr.John Evans (NA)
                Fr.Jake Dunlap-(NA)--------------Fr.Morgan Winters-(NA)---------------Jr.Nick Cafarelli (15-3-4-7)
                Jr.Carsen Richels-(13-0-0-0)-----Jr.Cam Gendron-(19-1-1-2)-----------So.Conor Lovett
                So.Connor Sweeney-(22-0-0-0)--Sr.Lucas Herrmann (24-0-1-1)------Sr.Joe Hankinson (1-0-0-0)

Sr.Kalle Eriksson-(32-0-12-12)----So.Colton Huard (28-6-10-16)
                So.Alex Gagne-(33-1-7-8)---------Jr.Luke Reid 34-3-5-8)
                Fr.Nick Ardanaz-(NA)---------------Fr.Damien Carfagna (NA)
                Jr.Nikolai Jenson-(30-1-5-6)-------Fr.Cade Penney

Fr.Tyler Muszelik----------Sr.David Fessenden------------Jr.Jeremy Forman

I could see Eriksson moving on.
                The junior class and senior class are pretty un impactful. You wonder why we're where we are?
                Ordinarily I could see a couple of cuts up front, but with all of the new players, is there a need?
                Saradian is like Evans in they have offensive skills, but did not impact juniors as I hoped/expected. Therefore, while they have good potential two years down the road, needing them to produce on the second line is iffy.
                Leclerc produced in the NAHL and I could see them having a "Margel" sort of transition where his offensive game isn't strong as freshmen.
                Conor Lovett played as a freshman at Merrimack, so has some experience.
                Dunlap is also a veteran who struggled until his 20 year old season, sort of like Winters.

edit: Forgot Lucas Herrmann. Easy to do, I guess.
                Last edited by NCAA watcher; 03-10-2022, 05:37 PM.
                The Souza record:
                15-16 10th place
                16-17 10th place
                17-18 11th place
                18-19 8th place
                19-20 9th place
                20-21 10th place
                21-22 9th place
                22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                  So.Will Margel (18-1-3-4)--------Sr.Harrison Blaisdell-(25-2-6-8)------So.Robert Cronin (30-7-5-12)
                  So.Liam Devlin-(34-9-7-16)-----Fr.Stiven Sardarian--(NA)-------------Fr.Kristap Skrastins (NA)
                  Fr.Cy Leclerc-(NA)----------------Sr.Chase Stevenson-(33-4-1-5)------Fr.John Evans (NA)
                  Fr.Jake Dunlap-(NA)--------------Fr.Morgan Winters-(NA)---------------Jr.Nick Cafarelli (15-3-4-7)
                  Jr.Carsen Richels-(13-0-0-0)-----Jr.Cam Gendron-(19-1-1-2)-----------So.Conor Lovett
                  So.Connor Sweeney-(22-0-0-0)--Sr.Joe Hankinson (1-0-0-0)

Sr.Kalle Eriksson-(32-0-12-12)----So.Colton Huard (28-6-10-16)
                  So.Alex Gagne-(33-1-7-8)---------Jr.Luke Reid 34-3-5-8)
                  Fr.Nick Ardanaz-(NA)---------------Fr.Damien Carfagna (NA)
                  Jr.Nikolai Jenson-(30-1-5-6)-------Fr.Cade Penney

Fr.Tyler Muszelik----------Sr.David Fessenden------------Jr.Jeremy Forman

I could see Eriksson moving on.
                  The junior class is pretty un impactful.
                  Ordinarily I could see a couple of cuts up front, but with all of the new players, is there a need?
                  Saradian is like Evans in they have offensive skills, but did not impact juniors as I hoped/expected. Therefore, while they have good potential two years down the road, needing them to produce on the second line is iffy.
                  Leclerc produced in the NAHL and I could see them having a "Margel" sort of transition where his offensive game isn't strong as freshmen.
                  Conor Lovett played as a freshman at Merrimack, so has some experience.
                  Dunlap is also a veteran who struggled until his 20 year old season, sort of like Winters.
                  So glad Dunlap’s first name isn’t Reggie.

(yes, I know, different spelling of last name)

Comment

• Originally posted by TV producer View Post
                    As an fyi, UMass defenseman Scott Morrow is NOT UNH forward Scottie Morrow's son. His father is Scottie's brother STEVE who played defense at UNH. Ran into Steve at the Whitt after the UMass/UNH game earlier this season. Would not be surprised to see Scott be a one season college player.
                    Thanks for the correction!
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

I did watch that. That's seriously the best you could do? That a guy who is currently a senior partner with one of the world's largest search firms, who himself has conducted many successful searches for top-flight D1 programs and professional teams is somehow unqualified because in his early years as an up-and-coming exec in sports management was somehow tainted by the idiot Krause?

Wow.
                      MJ left Chicago 25 years ago, and he started in Chicago almost 38 years ago. So even if your "senior partner with one of the world's largest search firms" is 60 years old today, that would have put him somewhere between a new college grad in his first real world job or (tops) a junior something-or-another on Krause's staff at age 35 when MJ and Co. were breaking up

He's the one who's introducing himself to your group as an "exec with the Bulls during the MJ era"; only you know the firm's name, and only you know the guy's name, so you only leave the rest of us with crumbs to work things out. Those crumbs of info - for reasons outlined above - leave me to only deduce that your guy on the UNH AD hiring committee is possibly "bigging himself up" to a major degree. Unless your last name was Reinsdorf (owner), the only Bulls' exec that mattered during the MJ era was Krause. You know that, everyone knows that. Mr. Senior Partner nowadays may have been Krause's go-fer or travel secretary, or most likely any one of a number of far less impressive stations than he would have you now believe ...

I'm not asking you to divulge his ID, 'dc. But I can't help but think of George Costanza "working" with Steinbrenner for the Yankees of yore when your senior partner includes the Jordan era Bulls as part of his present-day bona fides. Maybe I'm just far less easy to impress than you are?? No biggie ...

Comment

• Thanks Wildcatdc for the opportunity to have input into the AD hiring process. It was also a great follow up with both specific information and general observations. I think most of us really appreciated your taking the time.

Comment

• Truly scary potential returning upperclassmen and 2019 and 2020 classes. Highest returner is Stevenson with 8 career goals and a total of 15 career points. UNH will be playing next year essentially with only two classes, the freshmen and rising sophomore class.

Junior class
                          https://unhwildcats.com/news/2019/6/...man-class.aspx

Chase Stevenson career 61 games 8-7-15
                          2019-20 U.New Hampshire 24 4 6 10 10 HE Fr.
                          2020-21 U.New Hampshire 4 0 0 0 0 HE So.
                          2021-22 U.New Hampshire 33 4 1 5 16 HE Jr.
                          Lucas Herrmann career 71 games 3-8-11
                          2019-20 U.New Hampshire 30 0 3 3 8 HE Fr.
                          2020-21 U.New Hampshire 17 3 4 7 4 HE So.
                          2021-22 U.New Hampshire 24 0 1 1 8 HE Jr.
                          Robbie Griffin career 13 games 0-1-1
                          2019-20 U.New Hampshire 13 0 1 1 15 HE Fr.X
                          Joe Hankinson career 24 games 1-2-3
                          2019-20 U.New Hampshire 10 0 1 1 2 HE Fr.
                          2020-21 U.New Hampshire 13 1 1 2 4 HE So.
                          2021-22 U.New Hampshire 1 0 0 0 0 HE Jr.
                          Kalle Eriksson career 82 games 6-27-33
                          2019-20 U.New Hampshire 33 0 6 6 8 HE Fr.
                          2020-21 U.New Hampshire 23 6 12 18 2 HE So.
                          2021-22 U.New Hampshire 32 0 12 12 12 HE Jr.
                          Nolan McElhaney career 0 games
                          2019-20 U.New Hampshire 0 0 0 0 0 HE Fr.
                          Sophomore Class
                          https://unhwildcats.com/news/2020/7/...man-class.aspx

Nick Cafarelli career 29 games 4-9-13
                          2020-21 U.New Hampshire 14 1 5 6 4 HE Fr.
                          2021-22 U.New Hampshire 15 3 4 7 6 HE So.
                          Carsen Richels career 35 games 0-1-1
                          2020-21 U.New Hampshire 22 0 1 1 8 HE Fr.
                          2021-22 U.New Hampshire 13 0 0 0 0 HE So.
                          Cam Gendron career 35 games 3-5-8
                          2020-21 U.New Hampshire 16 2 4 6 6 HE Fr.
                          2021-22 U.New Hampshire 19 1 1 2 14 HE So.
                          Luke Reid career 56 games 6-10-16
                          2020-21 U.New Hampshire 22 3 5 8 12 HE Fr.
                          2021-22 U.New Hampshire 34 3 5 8 18 HE So.
                          Nikolai Jenson career 50 games 1-7-8
                          2020-21 U.New Hampshire 20 0 2 2 12 HE Fr.
                          2021-22 U.New Hampshire 30 1 5 6 18 HE So.
                          Joe Nagle career 7 games 0-0-0
                          2020-21 U.New Hampshire 7 0 0 0 2 HE Fr.
                          The Souza record:
                          15-16 10th place
                          16-17 10th place
                          17-18 11th place
                          18-19 8th place
                          19-20 9th place
                          20-21 10th place
                          21-22 9th place
                          22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                            Truly scary potential returning upperclassmen and 2019 and 2020 classes. Highest returner is Stevenson with 8 career goals and a total of 15 career points. UNH will be playing next year essentially with only two classes, the freshmen and rising sophomore class.

Junior class
                            https://unhwildcats.com/news/2019/6/...man-class.aspx

Chase Stevenson career 61 games 8-7-15
                            2019-20 U.New Hampshire 24 4 6 10 10 HE Fr.
                            2020-21 U.New Hampshire 4 0 0 0 0 HE So.
                            2021-22 U.New Hampshire 33 4 1 5 16 HE Jr.
                            Lucas Herrmann career 71 games 3-8-11
                            2019-20 U.New Hampshire 30 0 3 3 8 HE Fr.
                            2020-21 U.New Hampshire 17 3 4 7 4 HE So.
                            2021-22 U.New Hampshire 24 0 1 1 8 HE Jr.
                            Robbie Griffin career 13 games 0-1-1
                            2019-20 U.New Hampshire 13 0 1 1 15 HE Fr.X
                            Joe Hankinson career 24 games 1-2-3
                            2019-20 U.New Hampshire 10 0 1 1 2 HE Fr.
                            2020-21 U.New Hampshire 13 1 1 2 4 HE So.
                            2021-22 U.New Hampshire 1 0 0 0 0 HE Jr.
                            Kalle Eriksson career 82 games 6-27-33
                            2019-20 U.New Hampshire 33 0 6 6 8 HE Fr.
                            2020-21 U.New Hampshire 23 6 12 18 2 HE So.
                            2021-22 U.New Hampshire 32 0 12 12 12 HE Jr.
                            Nolan McElhaney career 0 games
                            2019-20 U.New Hampshire 0 0 0 0 0 HE Fr.
                            Sophomore Class
                            https://unhwildcats.com/news/2020/7/...man-class.aspx

Nick Cafarelli career 29 games 4-9-13
                            2020-21 U.New Hampshire 14 1 5 6 4 HE Fr.
                            2021-22 U.New Hampshire 15 3 4 7 6 HE So.
                            Carsen Richels career 35 games 0-1-1
                            2020-21 U.New Hampshire 22 0 1 1 8 HE Fr.
                            2021-22 U.New Hampshire 13 0 0 0 0 HE So.
                            Cam Gendron career 35 games 3-5-8
                            2020-21 U.New Hampshire 16 2 4 6 6 HE Fr.
                            2021-22 U.New Hampshire 19 1 1 2 14 HE So.
                            Luke Reid career 56 games 6-10-16
                            2020-21 U.New Hampshire 22 3 5 8 12 HE Fr.
                            2021-22 U.New Hampshire 34 3 5 8 18 HE So.
                            Nikolai Jenson career 50 games 1-7-8
                            2020-21 U.New Hampshire 20 0 2 2 12 HE Fr.
                            2021-22 U.New Hampshire 30 1 5 6 18 HE So.
                            Joe Nagle career 7 games 0-0-0
                            2020-21 U.New Hampshire 7 0 0 0 2 HE Fr.
                            The list of Who's Who in these two recruiting classes makes one yearn for the Austin Block Era.

I'd completely forgotten that Carsen Richels was a thing at UNH.

Comment

• Watcher, thanks for the info in such a graphic form. I would hope that a couple of our better seniors might seize this unique Covid opportunity and return for another year. We have 2 centers and a wing that could possible greatly improve their stock with a strong 5th year. Short of a 2way deal why not put off that initial (and perhaps longer) ECHL run. Work on/obtain a masters in your area of interest.
                              Also a great opportunity to provide leadership and perhaps share a “C”.

Comment

• Maybe another year in this UNH system would NOT actually improve their stock. The few guys UNH might want back, would also likely have options at better programs for their final seasons of eligibility...

Maine will likely embark on a UMass-style turnover this off season, UVM hit the portal hard last year and probably will again. Is it in the best interests of UNH (or Souza) to stand still with these JR & SR classes? Or might some actual urgency toward the roster's talent levels/recruiting be the coach's last best way to save his job? Or at least not turn over a last-place roster to his replacement...

Good to hear some level of urgency coming from the campus regarding an AD hire; would be nice to see ANY from those in the athletic department towards righting the ship.

--

Harping on grades and graduation rate is an insulting way to duck accountability. Good players can be and are successful students as well. Acting as if a program can only have one or another is embarrassing and spits in the face of the student-athletes and the fans and does nothing but perpetuate outdated stereotypes in order to provide cover and a lack of responsibility for coaches and administrators. As a DI coach you have two mutually INCLUSIVE jobs - win and develop, graduate and mentor - hundreds do both everyday across college hockey and Division I...
                                Last edited by Dan; 03-11-2022, 01:18 PM.
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X