Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

About that autograph thingy? What? I saw pics of that today...harrumph! I would have loved to have gone through and met the team. Didn't know about the 'open bar' thing...I was upstairs for a drink and a bite ...saw there were two lines one for some group, one for us regular schmoes haha. I did see that the back room had been set up for a Marty Party post game...Wondering aloud IF we play home on that first round game will STH's get to use their St. Lawrence tix for that? Well, they know we'll cough it up regardless I guess. I do plan on renewing before the May 1 deadline. FWIW dept, we are all Terrier fans today!
    The left line was for the invites for Marty’s retirement. They all had blue bracelets so they went left and drank for free.

I doubt they will exchange for that game. Since Game Night was , I don’t even know what, here is a game to play. UNH gets home ice and wins STH pays, if they lose credit for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
      We will have an interesting senior class next year. It will be interesting to see who gets the C & As.
      i would submIt the following for your thoughts.
      Most improved - Nikolai Jensen
      Best Offensive Forward- Jackson Pierson
      Best defensive forward - Tylor Ward
      Unsung hero - ? Several great choices
      Others
      Interesting stat to emerge this year. Remember all the past discussions about the importance of winning faceoffs and shots on goal. If this were the only measures we would have a great record.
      I think there might be 2 surprises in next years senior class….

Comment

• Great news, and thanks for sharing. While you didn’t ask, I would guess that Filip might be one of the 2. Given his draft year and missing his first year. I could see that the Oilers (?) might like another year of play prior to signing him. The second would be Joseph C. He has come on this year defensively and can contribute on both ends and PK. Strong 3rd liner perhaps. Because we don’t know who is in the portal assuming it is a couple of seniors.

Comment

• Thanks alot BU...lol
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post

I think there might be 2 surprises in next years senior class….
            Do go on...you have my attention

Comment

Great news, and thanks for sharing. While you didn’t ask, I would guess that Filip might be one of the 2. Given his draft year and missing his first year. I could see that the Oilers (?) might like another year of play prior to signing him. The second would be Joseph C. He has come on this year defensively and can contribute on both ends and PK. Strong 3rd liner perhaps. Because we don’t know who is in the portal assuming it is a couple of seniors.
              Am I missing something here? What post are you referencing? Sorry just alittle slow today (more so than usual ha!)

Comment

Thanks alot BU...lol
                Sensing sarcasm but I’m big on soaring like an Eagle today

Comment

Great news, and thanks for sharing. While you didn’t ask, I would guess that Filip might be one of the 2. Given his draft year and missing his first year. I could see that the Oilers (?) might like another year of play prior to signing him. The second would be Joseph C. He has come on this year defensively and can contribute on both ends and PK. Strong 3rd liner perhaps. Because we don’t know who is in the portal assuming it is a couple of seniors.
                  Engaras would be one, the second I’m not sure logistically it’s possible so need to do some research

Comment

Am I missing something here? What post are you referencing? Sorry just alittle slow today (more so than usual ha!)
                    No it was in reference to the 2 possible surprises

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post

Sensing sarcasm but I’m big on soaring like an Eagle today
                      If I'm being honest at this point it really doesn't matter where we end up. Only thing is I won't go to the Conte and I would goto Durham. Other than that I am all out of big emotion about it...sure I'd love to see them make some noise just being realistic.

Ps have you heard Engaras is coming back? I'd be surprised given all he has been through. I'm not expecting any of them to.

Comment

If I'm being honest at this point it really doesn't matter where we end up. Only thing is I won't go to the Conte and I would goto Durham. Other than that I am all out of big emotion about it...sure I'd love to see them make some noise just being realistic.

Ps have you heard Engaras is coming back? I'd be surprised given all he has been through. I'm not expecting any of them to.
                        I heard some rumblings about him possibly back. All these kids who were given a full year might as well do it and further education if this is the last stop

Comment

• TNH view of the MC game complete with interviews

Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-28-2022, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Some great game comments. However, from my perspective his wasn’t for lack of effort on the teams part. And yes it has been a few times in the past. MC is actually a very skilled and fast skating team. As noted we did hold them off in the first until that horrible last minute goal. As a low scoring team we need early goals to help carry the momentum and build confidence. As listed at the start of the game, MC presented lines of a combined 34-51-78 and 24 points. While that was not how they rolled them, our 2 lines (43&47 points) start to breakdown and tire as the game wears on. But again from my front row perspective this team has lots of character and does typically quit. We have a 4th line that sees no ice, and a third line that works really hard but just doesn’t have the physical strength to carry play in a miss match situation.
                            would have liked a goal back but that’s baseball, ah hockey! And as the old adage goes “I do my best work under pressure!” Well of course you do, you have no choice as the clock winds down.
                            I spent most of the 2nd sitting at the UNH attacking end to get a full ice view of the game. I could clearly see MC had 'adapted' to the big sheet (see Borek comments about that in the article I shared today from TNH student newspaper) and would agree with your comment. They were indeed flying past us and made it tough to counteract once in front of the net. We had very few quality chances in the 2nd. But make no mistake we did not mount nearly the attack we had in the first and I think that goal MC scored off that facebook took the air out of the room for them....

All of that said, the better team won that night (watch the game highlights on You Tube " 1.30 ish into the vid) they pulled on us...oh my....) but we were in it and those 3 points would have made a difference if you care alot about that HE home ice thing. Woulda Coulda Shoulda doesn't count in hockey when you are chasing valuable points but that is what we have been doing it seems...chasing points and games.

Like I said, either here or at BC. Not sure it really matters that much. We need at at best a split with UML (not going to be easy) and again, look for help from UMass (the way BC played yesterday will make this an interesting series).

Scott Borek PostGame Comments
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-28-2022, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• “I’m not going to reflect on what I think or what we are as a group right now. All I know is that we have an opportunity to compete for home ice still in the playoffs. That’s a goal of ours,” Souza said.

Who hired this guy? 2 games left in the regular season and you can't speak to where your team is at?

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                                “I’m not going to reflect on what I think or what we are as a group right now. All I know is that we have an opportunity to compete for home ice still in the playoffs. That’s a goal of ours,” Souza said.

Who hired this guy? 2 games left in the regular season and you can't speak to where your team is at?
                                I hope that home ice in the phony round of the playoffs wasn't really a goal.
                                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Working...
                                X