Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
    For Watcher, in your future lines projections, are just being optimistic with Ward returning? I could make a strong argument for that.
    UNH says 11 graduating seniors, so Ward seems out.

The Souza record:
    15-16 10th place
    16-17 10th place
    17-18 11th place
    18-19 8th place
    19-20 9th place
    20-21 10th place
    21-22 9th place
    22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

UNH says 11 graduating seniors, so Ward seems out.
      Most likely won't be til April/May before any news about who will be invited back? And we could pick up transfers? (Pure speculation and just a question noone can really answer)
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-23-2022, 06:17 AM.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• I do wonder if we'll see some lateral transfers to the otherwise young/unproven forward lines. We'll graduate about half of the goals scored so far this year 33/67. (top returning scorer Devlin has 14 pts, followed by 8 points from Blaisdell and Cronin)

So.Will Margel-----------Sr.Harrison Blaisdell--------So.Robert Cronin
        So.Liam Devlin----------Fr.Stiven Sardarian---------Fr.Kristap Skrastins
        Fr.Cy Leclerc-------------Sr.Chase Stevenson--------Fr.John Evans
        Fr.Jake Dunlop----------Fr.Morgan Winters----------So.Conor Lovett
        Jr.Carsen Richels-------Jr.Cam Gendron-------------Jr.Nick Cafarelli
        So.Connor Sweeney----Sr.Joe Hankinson

So.Alex Gagne-----------Jr.Luke Reid
        Sr.Kalle Eriksson---------Fr.Damien Carfagna
        Fr.Nick Ardanaz----------So.Colton Huard
        Jr.Nikolai Jenson--------Fr.Cade Penney

Fr.Tyler Muszelik----------Sr.David Fessenden------------Jr.Jeremy Forman
        Last edited by NCAA watcher; 02-24-2022, 07:22 AM.
        The Souza record:
        15-16 10th place
        16-17 10th place
        17-18 11th place
        18-19 8th place
        19-20 9th place
        20-21 10th place
        21-22 9th place
        22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          For the earlier games, I hope to eventually research and compile information on those seasons, but if you have already done so please let me know if you would be willing to share your data with me. It could probably save me a lot of time.
          I only went through UNH's, after that 2019 comeback against Yale I was curious to see our number of 4 goal comebacks vs 4 goal blown leads.
          It derived from a self-deprecating "oh, this is what it feels like to be on the other end of a blown 4 goal lead" after having watched us throw so many away the previous 15 years-20 years.
          Last edited by ClOuD 9; 02-23-2022, 08:05 AM.
          "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
          Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
          NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
          AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• UNH Women's hockey loses to MC 4-1 in first round of HE tournament. First HE tourney win for MC...FWIW dept.
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
              Hey Ref:-)

Agree it will be interesting to see how it all plays out with the remaining three games. I see a 1-1-1 in the cards!
              1-1-1 unfortunately is probably enough for a home game. My guess BC splits with BU meaning they need 5 from UMass as we hold the tie breaker. Maybe STH can get free tickets having to endure a Wednesday at the Whit….

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post

1-1-1 unfortunately is probably enough for a home game. My guess BC splits with BU meaning they need 5 from UMass as we hold the tie breaker. Maybe STH can get free tickets having to endure a Wednesday at the Whit….
                http://www.playoffstatus.com/hockeye...standings.html
                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  UNH Women's hockey loses to MC 4-1 in first round of HE tournament. First HE tourney win for MC...FWIW dept.
                  Another uninspired hire delivering the U exactly what they should have expected based on resume & further evidence why even a delayed decision on Men's Hockey is preferable to giving Scarano a chance to make another personnel decision before his retirement...
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

• That’s what I expect. As well as the end. Maybe BC goes on an end of year run with everyone back

Comment

• With the governor and state suggesting the end of indoor masks, does Dictator Dean follow suit or does he keep the minimally followed policy at the Whit?

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post

That’s what I expect. As well as the end. Maybe BC goes on an end of year run with everyone back
                        Personally I don't think it matters where they play the game. If history is any guide BC is probably going to win.

Comment

• Norbert, why the Dictator Dean label? The guy is charged with protecting 10-12,000 people and try to keep them safe. Trust we all know that if a couple of students or employees became critically ill or worst, it would be him that was called to answer for this. It was a new experience, still appears to be, so when in doubt take precautions.
                          Also will agree that the mask wearing did fall of a bit over time. But in my opinion it picked back up recently. As we got a couple of nice size crowds the newbies appeared to be more compliment. Why make the work study kids crazy trying to do their jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post

Personally I don't think it matters where they play the game. If history is any guide BC is probably going to win.
                            Disagree. Home ice matters here.
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post

Disagree. Home ice matters here.
                              Hope I am wrong and you are correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                                Norbert, why the Dictator Dean label? The guy is charged with protecting 10-12,000 people and try to keep them safe. Trust we all know that if a couple of students or employees became critically ill or worst, it would be him that was called to answer for this. It was a new experience, still appears to be, so when in doubt take precautions.
                                Au contraire, mon ami.

Dean Dean is charged with educating the student population, and managing personnel within a budget. All staff and most of the students are adults, so they each have the right and responsibility to take care for their own safety. We sent our kids to UNH a decade ago (give or take), and it was the furthest thought from our minds that we were sending them over to be babysat as if they were infants. College is supposed to be where they learn to be adults, not extended playtime for teenagers. Also, if one of our kids were to catch the Wuhan Flu while they were students, I can assure you we wouldn't be demanding CSI-Oyster River to do contact tracing to hunt down the suspect(s) - as if it were even possible (and it isn't).

Oh, and BTW none of this was a "new experience" for folks like myself and Norbert (and e.cat and many others) who were around when the last pandemic blew out of the Orient Virus Incubator that was/is China, infecting the rest of the world. Funny thing is, back then, adults had fought a couple of wars as young adults, and didn't wet their pants at the possibility of their kids coming down with the flu. Then as now, risk resided in the elderly and infirm. Look it up and learn, it's all there.

So if you want to live your life according to "when in doubt, take precautions", knock yourself out, it's your right to live the way you want. However, it's not your right, much less the Feds, state nor UNeffingH's right to impose that standard on me, nor anyone else for that matter.

Sorry, it's nothing personal, but you were just the poor sap who hit me with the last "safety first" lecture after tolerating two full years of collective group cowardice. Rest assured, all is good between me and Dean Dean, so long as he hires the right new AD, and the aforementioned new AD fixes UNH Hockey as Job One. Not asking for much, just extreme competence. :-)
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X