Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Hey, after tonight we won't be last anymore! Baby steps for both of us!
    Hhmmm nope but trying to get there

Play like crap Merrimack, somehow dominated Lowell, then a stinker at Maine

I think blame goes all around. Inconsistent play is definitely on MS7 but players do need to step up

Comment

• Part of me hopes UMaine waxes UNH again tomorrow. Just to make sure Dean Dean understands the true depth of the rot that's set in. I've been under no illusions that UMaine was heading places when they hired Barr last Spring, I just didn't figure he'd bypass UNH this early in the rebuilding process up in the Downeast. Does UNH "win" the Cupcake Cup for losing games to UMaine, UVM AND Merrimack in the stretch of just a couple short weeks? Jeezus H ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post
        I think blame goes all around. Inconsistent play is definitely on MS7 but players do need to step up
        UNH needs new people to be shopping for the groceries, in the immortal words of The Tuna.

They're all MS7's players now. There's no excuses to be made ...
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• In case you were keeping up with stats: TNH's Josh Shaw on Twitter says we are 3-11 away from the Whitt. They're now 1-5 over their last six and have been outscored 11-23 during that time. Chuck, of course I don't want to lose again tomorrow and I do wonder what/how much the Prez is aware of the situation. How can he not be? I remember being at a cook out thing a couple of seasons ago and heard from the AD 'it's been too long that we've been in it' kind of thing. They are well aware. But we wonder what the double H is going to be done about it. Ben Barre has to be pleased with his team tonight, and, given last weekend's work with UMass. I thought we were actually onto something ourselves with our UML win. Not kidding myself, but, thinking, ok, we can play when we really put our minds to it.

I better not hear ONE THING about how tough it is to play at the Alfond as a reason we stunk up the place. Not one. Because then you'd just have to say that it's tough to play at MC, BU, BC, yada yada yada. And now they wanna tear up the 'Whitt because that has become a bad place for the Wildcats to play. Man, look in the mirror.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            Part of me hopes UMaine waxes UNH again tomorrow. Just to make sure Dean Dean understands the true depth of the rot that's set in. I've been under no illusions that UMaine was heading places when they hired Barr last Spring, I just didn't figure he'd bypass UNH this early in the rebuilding process up in the Downeast. Does UNH "win" the Cupcake Cup for losing games to UMaine, UVM AND Merrimack in the stretch of just a couple short weeks? Jeezus H ...
            Chuck I’m with you but here is how it will go. UNH will win 1-0 or 2-1 and everyone will forget tonight. Then be all excited to lose to MC next weekend. I just am hoping to not have a home playoff game so it costs me $0.

Id rather buy 1 ST get all benefits and buy GA. Save money and get all the deals everyone else gets

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              In case you were keeping up with stats: TNH's Josh Shaw on Twitter says we are 3-11 away from the Whitt. They're now 1-5 over their last six and have been outscored 11-23 during that time. Chuck, of course I don't want to lose again tomorrow and I do wonder what/how much the Prez is aware of the situation. How can he not be? I remember being at a cook out thing a couple of seasons ago and heard from the AD 'it's been too long that we've been in it' kind of thing. They are well aware. But we wonder what the double H is going to be done about it. Ben Barre has to be pleased with his team tonight, and, given last weekend's work with UMass. I thought we were actually onto something ourselves with our UML win. Not kidding myself, but, thinking, ok, we can play when we really put our minds to it.

I better not hear ONE THING about how tough it is to play at the Alfond as a reason we stunk up the place. Not one. Because then you'd just have to say that it's tough to play at MC, BU, BC, yada yada yada. And now they wanna tear up the 'Whitt because that has become a bad place for the Wildcats to play. Man, look in the mirror.
              It’s hard to pay at Alfond, like it used to be hard to play at the Whit. Difference is we had talent now we don’t. It will take a philosophical change in mindset to fix this. Coach? Admissions? Who know buy something needs to. Dictator Dean only cares about fundraising and he need to go as well.

Comment

• Well amidst all the negatives of last night Nick Cafarelli had a 3 point night...hes been playing well past couple of games. Putting on the blue rimmed glasses take away that horrible first period and we are in this one. And of course that debacle in the 5 min major (sigh that has gone viral) . But you gotta play from the first whistle and that is what Maine did.

What will UNH do to answer???
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Can we please be respectful of President Dean? He is more than a dean and far from a dictator.

Having said that, there is something not right with this year’s team. No idea what it is, but something beyond a lack of talent/skill.

’dc - anything specific or general you can share from Wednesday? Thanks.
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                    Can we please be respectful of President Dean? He is more than a dean and far from a dictator.

Having said that, there is something not right with this year’s team. No idea what it is, but something beyond a lack of talent/skill.

’dc - anything specific or general you can share from Wednesday? Thanks.
                    I agree with this...definitely something. It happens...if team chemistry is troubled, you can forget about it when the chips are down.
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Monday morning "wishful" scenario on the UNH campus:

Prez. Dean calls Scarano to over to his office. Tells Scarano we need to make changes NOW before your successor is hired later this Spring, starting with Men's Hockey. Force Souza's hand and get him to step down immediately, name Guiliano as interim head coach and start a national search for Souza's replacement NOW.

Too ballsy you say? Read this gem from the Maine thread:

https://www.pressherald.com/2022/02/...ketball-coach/

Again...it's "wishful" and not likely to happen. But there's definitely a new culture afoot with our neighbors up in Orono. The question is how long does Prez. Dean want our current "cesspool" to continue to ferment?

UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        Monday morning "wishful" scenario on the UNH campus:

Prez. Dean calls Scarano to over to his office. Tells Scarano we need to make changes NOW before your successor is hired later this Spring, starting with Men's Hockey. Force Souza's hand and get him to step down immediately, name Guiliano as interim head coach and start a national search for Souza's replacement NOW.

Again...it's "wishful" and not likely to happen. But there's definitely a new culture afoot with our neighbors up in Orono. The question is how long does Prez. Dean want our current "cesspool" to continue to ferment?
                        This is what needs to happen. I like Mike and really wanted him to be successful BUT, this is 100% his team and has been for a couple of years now. It’s obvious a change is needed and what is the point in waiting? Starting the process now gives you a leg up on other programs who may be contemplating a similar coaching change.
                        GO BLUE!

Comment

• Just when we all thought…..
                          I think we are a bit off track when we expect the mens hockey team to be front and center on the Prez radar. When you are at the top of the mountain there are hundreds of these “ most important issues” This is why you have an AD. Full agreement that there something terribly wrong with this situation. Far more gifted that the results would indicate yet so terribly inconsistent and under preforming. If our coach is in year 4 my guess is he has 2 more years. It would be nice to get more of a sense of urgency from all levels as next year could see far more scoring and other issues.

Comment

• Nothing to say that hasn't already been said. We flipped over to the Winter Olympics at 4-0 after a guest we had over said “Yikes.”

I did get a kick out of a few quotes posted here including this one which made me laugh out loud

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                            "UNH is no slouch..." according to the announcer

If someone was asked to sum up where the program is at in the form of a hockey play, that 6th goal is an utterly perfect example. Just brutal. That'll be all over the internet/TV and wouldn't be shocked to see that pop up on SportsCenter.

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            Part of me hopes UMaine waxes UNH again tomorrow. Just to make sure Dean Dean understands the true depth of the rot that's set in. I've been under no illusions that UMaine was heading places when they hired Barr last Spring, I just didn't figure he'd bypass UNH this early in the rebuilding process up in the Downeast. Does UNH "win" the Cupcake Cup for losing games to UMaine, UVM AND Merrimack in the stretch of just a couple short weeks? Jeezus H ...

I’m with you here.

Originally posted by norbert View Post
                            Chuck I’m with you but here is how it will go. UNH will win 1-0 or 2-1 and everyone will forget tonight.

But if I was a betting man, I’d take UNH to win tonight 1-0 or 2-1 exactly how norbert predicts. Classic UNH under Souza. Never quite hitting rock bottom. If this were the NBA/NFL/NHL they are in the worst possible position. Mediocre at best, typically bad, but never bad enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by teez View Post
                              Nothing to say that hasn't already been said. We flipped over to the Winter Olympics at 4-0 after a guest we had over said “Yikes.”

I did get a kick out of a few quotes posted here including this one which made me laugh out loud

If someone was asked to sum up where the program is at in the form of a hockey play, that 6th goal is an utterly perfect example. Just brutal. That'll be all over the internet/TV and wouldn't be shocked to see that pop up on SportsCenter.

I’m with you here.

But if I was a betting man, I’d take UNH to win tonight 1-0 or 2-1 exactly how norbert predicts. Classic UNH under Souza. Never quite hitting rock bottom. If this were the NBA/NFL/NHL they are in the worst possible position. Mediocre at best, typically bad, but never bad enough.
                              That play (6th goal) is already showing up on many of my Twitter accounts...even buccigross so there you go. Goalies are going to have gaffes unfortunately...it's brutal to see and I try to have some empathy for it (if that's the right word). The game wasn't won or lost on that play (not saying anyone is saying it was). It was lost in the first 10 minutes of the first period. Like I said, take away that period with some decent play and we'd have a decent game on our hands, one that I expected to have. But I did say outloud, when the first goal was scored...uh oh...I could just see the implosion coming even then....

Here's hoping for a better outing tonight.
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                                Monday morning "wishful" scenario on the UNH campus:

I'm all for moving in a different direction sooner rather than later, but I don't want Scarano anywhere near the hire...

Hopefully, theyre moving on an AD hire - and find a talented, young and ambitious leader - who has the tools and foresight, and is prepared, to make a positive change in direction when the time comes...
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X