Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
    Souza should be fired immediately. This is just unacceptable, but nobody in the UNH administration has any gonads, so nothing will change.
    Known it won’t happen now but hopefully happens quickly after the season so they can start to look at the transfer portal and start the rebuild quickly

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post

Lose, yes... Lose when it doesn't even look like their collective hockey brain got off the bus, not as much... That was a brutal display of hockey and of give a damn.
      Trust me...it looked alot worse in person. I did not recognize these Wildcats.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

And I lay the blame for that entirely at the feet of the coaching staff. It has become blindingly obvious that major changes with the program need to be made, and now. A statement has to be made that the results of the past several years will no longer stand however, I will not hold my breath. Unfortunately we need to wait for a new AD, and whoever is hired will tell us how long of a wait we have, months versus years.
        GO BLUE!

Comment

• UNH has clinched a playoff spot, and is poised to attain the best HE finish in the past 8 years (8th place).
          * Unless Vermont gets hot, we will finish ahead of last year's finish.
          * With 12 wins so far, and two games against 11th place Maine still on the radar (plus the HE playoff games) Souza is within striking distance of the 16 wins in that 2012-13 season, and may even match the 15 wins at UNH in 16-17 and 19-20.
          * At 12 wins and 14 losses, Coach Souza has an outside a chance to attain his second career season with a team over .500 (Brown was 16-14-6 in 2012-13.)

Souza coaching career
          11-12 Brown 12th place ECAC 9 wins
          12-13 Brown 7th place ECAC 16 wins
          13-14 U.Conn 3rd place Atlantic 18 wins
          14-15 U.Conn 9th place HE 10 wins
          15-16 UNH 10th place HE 11 wins
          16-17 UNH 10th place HE 15 wins
          17-18 UNH 11th place HE 10 wins
          ==========HEAD COACH====
          18-19 UNH 8th place HE 12 wins
          19-20 UNH 9th place HE 15 wins
          20-21 UNH 10th place HE 6 wins
          21-21 UNH 8th/9th place in HE 12 wins

We're assured to be playing games in three weeks (the March 9th play-in game).
          Last edited by NCAA watcher; 02-12-2022, 10:31 AM.
          The Souza record:
          15-16 10th place
          16-17 10th place
          17-18 11th place
          18-19 8th place
          19-20 9th place
          20-21 10th place
          21-22 9th place
          22-23 10th place

Comment

• UNH president hosts annual State of the University address:
            https://tnhdigital.com/20766/news/un...rsity-address/

"Net revenue excluding grants and gifts dropped by $25 million dollars since 2019. Changes in FY22 have saved UNH about $43 million, and preserved many programs and services, at the expense of some controversial changes. Dean asserted that these changes were highly preferable than alternative measures that would have been necessary."
            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              UNH has clinched a playoff spot, and is poised to attain the best HE finish in the past 8 years (8th place).
              * Unless Vermont gets hot, we will finish ahead of last year's finish.
              * With 12 wins so far, and two games against 11th place Maine still on the radar (plus the HE playoff games) Souza is within striking distance of the 16 wins in that 2012-13 season, and may even match the 15 wins at UNH in 16-17 and 19-20.
              * At 12 wins and 14 losses, Coach Souza has an outside a chance to attain his second career season with a team over .500 (Brown was 16-14-6 in 2012-13.)

((( ... all the gory year-by-year details, omitted for the weak of heart ... )))

We're assured to be playing games in three weeks (the March 9th play-in game).
              Blue Skies got nothin' on you, 'Watcher. Just SO much good news, who's got it better than us, eh?
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

How can you not? Same bad team different venue. Friday at MC was terrible. The drive was less miserable. Saturday was even worse. Just glad there are only 3 games left. I’ll be upstairs if anyone wants to avoid watching

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                  Man, season 8 of The Great Umile Transition Master Plan is really losing the plot. Question is how many more seasons is this show going to run?
                  Perpetually. The issue is admissions thinks UNH is top notch scholastics so it limits who can get in. The Whit is no longer a recruiting tool it’s A detriment. What til Holy Cross opens their palace. Plus the worse they get results in less STH and money the further the drain is circled

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Blue Skies got nothin' on you, 'Watcher. Just SO much good news, who's got it better than us, eh?
                    Re-title the thread "The Barr has been Lowered at UNH"?
                    The Souza record:
                    15-16 10th place
                    16-17 10th place
                    17-18 11th place
                    18-19 8th place
                    19-20 9th place
                    20-21 10th place
                    21-22 9th place
                    22-23 10th place

Comment

• So was talking to veteran fans at UVM about the annual "February Slide" UNH typically does...and couldn't help but feel that well of course that happens because essentially not a whole lot has changed since 2017.

Comes back to "if you keep doing what you're doing you'll keep getting what you're getting". Nothing changes if nothing changes.

Tradition..Pride...Excellence are our guiding principles. They speak to the values of the University and will always be wonderful and admirable UNH platitudes. Sure I didn't go there but my kids did. Wouldn't have it any other way. Wouldn't follow any other team.

Time to break some molds...What worked then maybe does not work now. Changing the rink building better locker rooms etc are great I suppose. But they are only outward things.

Change comes only from within.
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-13-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

So was talking to veteran fans at UVM about the annual "February Slide" UNH typically does...and couldn't help but feel that well of course that happens because essentially not a whole lot has changed since 2017.
                        Oh how I wish a “February Slide” was the issue. The problems with this program are MUCH larger than a single month in a season.
                        GO BLUE!

Comment

• Now these boys look focused and prepared. Two great periods hold on 'Cats!

Comment

• “Who was that masked man?” Talk about day and night! From the absolute worst game possible to a total win from the drop of the puck. Apparently they were given the day of Saturday, have to wonder if there was a captain’s practice or team meeting. Tough and physical with effort from everyone single one. Nice job guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                              “Who was that masked man?” Talk about day and night! From the absolute worst game possible to a total win from the drop of the puck. Apparently they were given the day of Saturday, have to wonder if there was a captain’s practice or team meeting. Tough and physical with effort from everyone single one. Nice job guys.
                              I was running late today so listened to the pregame. Souza was interviewed and said they had a short practice Saturday. Also said the Gutt is a tough place to play but whatever. Anyway definitely they played as well as I've ever seen them play today and the worst I've seen them play Friday.

Happy for Robinson getting the shutout. Onto the Blackbears should be interesting!

Comment

• https://twitter.com/unhprez/status/1...626487300?s=21
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X