Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacAdams...soo undisciplined....3 penalties tonight he should sit tomorrow. Personally in his defense tho on that one play behind the net I felt he was cross checked and then hit purposely on his back which led to him tripping that player. Of course that's not the right move on his part but they had his number all night and really lit his fuse.

1 for 5 on the PP doesn't help either. Special teams were def the issue. Easy game plan against the 'Cats last nite...rough em up and don't worry about their ineffective PP...

They have to be better against UConn if they want any positives and badly needed points at this juncture of the season.
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-05-2022, 05:17 AM.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Well at least I had our end of the score right. Need to pick it up tomorrow..Say what you want about Luce Chuck but he just won a big one v PC....we couldn't get past "Scott Boreks Warriors"...

Comment

• These are not Chuck’s father’s Warriors or Huskie’s (if they ever were :-)). Not at the moment anyway. Thankfully, for the much coveted first round home ice, BC continues to suck. Sieve. Flip side, our Eagles sweep looks less impressive with each passing week.
        Last edited by Darius; 02-05-2022, 08:23 AM.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• So the UConn game is a must-win now.

Just win, baby.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
            These are not Chuck’s father’s Warriors or Huskie’s (if they ever were :-)). Not at the moment anyway. Thankfully, for the much coveted first round home ice, BC continues to suck. Sieve. Flip side, our Eagles sweep looks less impressive with each passing week.
            That's the point. I mean yeah its not like MC is Michigan but they are looking at an NCAA birth if things pan out for them. And teams have bad nights. And I've already heard how hard it is to win at Lawlor. Vermont is surging abit.

I'd they want to skate at home in a few weeks tonight IS a must win.

Comment

• CT on the road after a big win. Let down time and ripe for picking. Go ‘cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

That's the point. I mean yeah its not like MC is Michigan but they are looking at an NCAA birth if things pan out for them. And teams have bad nights. And I've already heard how hard it is to win at Lawlor. Vermont is surging abit.

I'd they want to skate at home in a few weeks tonight IS a must win.
                No. they show up and play their scheduled games.

Comment

If they want to skate at home in a few weeks tonight IS a must win.
                  C'mon win or lose tonight they are still likely to play at home in the fake round of the playoffs.

However both BC and UNH are acting like neither wants that 8 seed. "You take it! No, we don't want it, you take it."

Tonight's game is more about building momentum for the stretch run and finishing strong (and perhaps higher in the standings) than some phony baloney "must win for home ice contest...."
                  UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post

C'mon win or lose tonight they are still likely to play at home in the fake round of the playoffs.

However both BC and UNH are acting like neither wants that 8 seed. "You take it! No, we don't want it, you take it."

Tonight's game is more about building momentum for the stretch run and finishing strong (and perhaps higher in the standings) than some phony baloney "must win for home ice contest...."
                    Well I agree and think that's what I was getting at. But to this fan skating at home is important considering we haven't done it in awhile. FWIW dept. Doubt it will be much of a recruiting carrot tho...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                      CT on the road after a big win. Let down time and ripe for picking. Go ‘cats!
                      Would be nice to say we actually won a series with them....

Comment

• Just not a pretty game. Never felt that they were in control. Team defense was way off and MC really took our transition game away from us. Need to step up our overall effort tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                          Just not a pretty game. Never felt that they were in control. Team defense was way off and MC really took our transition game away from us. Need to step up our overall effort tonight.
                          MC poster said it best...their forecheck was relentless...stellar goal tending etc. I mean I had to keep checking the line sheets to see if Devln amd Pierson were even playing that's how much a non issue our best forwards were in that game...

Interesting comment from MC announcer (whom I enjoyed listening to) was the UNH had not had that many goals against since Nov.

Well..onto Yukon. Go 'Cats!
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-05-2022, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Read my mind Ref. No names we are used to hearing….but MacA! Like some feist but that was over the top and not helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                              Precisely.

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

MC poster said it best...their forecheck was relentless...stellar goal tending etc. I mean I had to keep checking the line sheets to see if Devln amd Pierson were even playing that's how much a non issue our best forwards were in that game...

Interesting comment from MC announcer (whom I enjoyed listening to)......
                                Veteran announcer John Leahy does a terrific job calling the Merrimack games. He's from Stoughton MA and calls a lot of minor league baseball and local hockey in addition to Merrimack games.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                                X