Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    From his penthouse high atop the Encore Boston gaming complex in beautiful South Everett MA ... the smoldering pile of ashes that was/is Michel "Mikey" Nostradamus has shared his quatrain-infused predictions for this weekend's UNH's games with the folks from the Effingwoods Hockey Almanac, who have kindly translated into English, and recorded the scores:

Mighty Wildcats transported within a cage of iron

To where the Whale and insurers of yore once roamed

A balding Luce Canaan
    will sink lower than Bridgeport

Ere to die witnessing the fruits of defeat and mourning

Friday: UNH 5 UConn 2
    Saturday: UNH 1566 UConn 0

He also believes tales of York's demise are greatly exaggerated, picking an unbeaten weekend for BC.
    Lol Chuck. BC getting pummeled right now. Of course my feed went out on both UNh goals....go 'Cats! Get that insurance goal!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Wooooo 5 in a row and W at the XL!!! 3 big point 'Catttsssss!!!

Comment

• Huard scores again. Two goals from Stevenson, including a late clinching ENG.

5 wins on the spin by the 'Cats, from out of nowhere. I think the boys are gonna bring the hammer down on Luce big-time tomorrow night. LONG overdue. A mirage fading into reality, perhaps?

Would love to see UNH run the rest of their road trip, and come home to a sellout crowd ...
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Whoa what a night in HE land...Currently tied in 8th with UConn but 3 points out of 5th if I have that right...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Whoa what a night in HE land...Currently tied in 8th with UConn but 3 points out of 5th if I have that right...
            Just keep winning, all the rest will sort itself out ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Wooooo 5 in a row and W at the XL!!! 3 big point 'Catttsssss!!!
              I was never an Aerosmith fan but “Train Kept a Rollin’” comes to mind.
              Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Nice W for these guys. Not pretty but perhaps what we can all hope for, continued determination and D focus. This is not new but they are finally finding some consistency and some scoring spread around. Would love to see home ice for the opening round of HE.
                Go Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                  I was never an Aerosmith fan but “Train Kept a Rollin’” comes to mind.
                  Me neither, 'dc. Problem solved when you realize Joe Perry's team nicked it off the Yardbirds ...

Comment

• Is there a hockey fan left out here besides HR? I love music and understand all the administration banter, but we had endless AD and HC talk with a dose or two of mask mania. They win 5 in a row and hockey crickets. This is a low scoring respectable team.

Comment

• There’s you, me and a few other semi-lurkers who tend to stay above the fray.

If I were to post something hockey related it would be that BC really sucks, sieve so I’m reserving judgement. Need to see consistent forward scoring to get excited. BIG game today. Go ‘cats!
                      Last edited by Darius; 01-22-2022, 02:15 PM.
                      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• I get it Darius, most of us are afraid to get to invested since we have been burned many times. While even I would not call this a top 4 program in HE but I don’t remember ateam that played this hard. And I will give MR his due, he is playing very strong hockey as of late.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                          Is there a hockey fan left out here besides HR? I love music and understand all the administration banter, but we had endless AD and HC talk with a dose or two of mask mania. They win 5 in a row and hockey crickets. This is a low scoring respectable team.
                          Ummmmm…. I believe I just laid out, a page ago, a series of thoughts about the team as well as a prediction for the REST of the season. And to be clear, “Train Kept a Rollin” was a direct reference to HR’s point about is winning 5 in a row. So if you’re jawing at me, I think it’s a little misdirected!

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                            I get it Darius, most of us are afraid to get to invested since we have been burned many times. While even I would not call this a top 4 program in HE but I don’t remember ateam that played this hard. And I will give MR his due, he is playing very strong hockey as of late.
                            I think it might also be time to give Souza some credit as well. Same talent as early in the season (I know, Huard) clicking in the way they are generally says something about the staff.

Comment

• Sorry that you saw that a an attack on you dc. I thought I gave you a lot of cred on your Auburn post resonantly. I have lived there n that’s crazy SEC environment. Just felt there was so much more positive going on, not a knock on your post.

Comment

• Thanks God Robinson is on his game today....need a much better 3rd...

Comment

Working...
                                X