Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The six teams arrayed from 4-9 in HEA (NU, BC, BU, CONN, MACK, UNH) are more or less in a tight little pack that could get jumbled in any given weekend. The fact that we can even sniff 4th place at this point is nice, given how this season started. Remember that we had a 6-1 loss to PC, dual 4-1 losses in a weekend sweep with NU, a 3-0 blanking v. UMass (which has was closer that the score suggested), and a couple awful 5-1 losses at ASU in an OOC matchup.

An upward trajectory with the opportunity to get to the Garden and threaten would be a nice step forward.
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Fun fact…. 50% (24) of our goals this year are from the seniors. Next highest contributing class? The freshmen with 33% (16).

Comment

• Winning! Are you tired of winning yet?
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Next up UConn...def a nemesis of sorts. Couple of wins here and there. Both games at the XL where it's been tough. Let's see what we can bring with this surge of great play! Go 'Cats!
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            Winning! Are you tired of winning yet?
            No sir!! :-) :-) :-) :-)
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

No sir!! :-) :-) :-) :-)
              LOL! Love it:-):-):-):-)

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                From a friend of mine: In the 08-09 season we swept a weekend series with them. But played them 3 times that season and did lose 1. No.6 BC eliminated No.3 UNH in the first round of the Hockey East playoffs that season. Also: In 07-08 we swept them in the regular season on the way to winning yet another Regular Season Title but then lost to them in the semi finals of the HE Tourney. BC would go on to win not just the HE Title but also the NCAA Championship.
                Just wanted to put this post in its proper historical context.
                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• No doubt a great weekend for the 'cats, but this is not your father's BC team. Check their thread. If you can find it. hint: buried on page three.

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                  Fun fact…. 50% (24) of our goals this year are from the seniors. Next highest contributing class? The freshmen with 33% (16).
                  This is positive.

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Freshman defenseman Colton Huard has scored a goal in each of @UNHMHOCKEY's last three games and has three goals and five assists in the team's last four games. The 'Cats have won four straight games and are 11-10-1 overall and 5-7-1 in Hockey East. (From UNH Insider)
                  While better than no scoring for sure, were there not complaints about our scoring being too heavily dependent on the D just a year or two ago?
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Winning! Are you tired of winning yet?
                    E.cat, I love that this was sent at 4:27am in true Charlie Sheen “winning” style!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                      No doubt a great weekend for the 'cats, but this is not your father's BC team. Check their thread. If you can find it. hint: buried on page three.

This is positive.

While better than no scoring for sure, were there not complaints about our scoring being too heavily dependent on the D just a year or two ago?
                      Welp probably but a two way dman is a good thing to have..we will take goals from anybody haha. Agree you want your forwards to do the heavy lifting!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post

Just wanted to put this post in its proper historical context.
                        Thanks for the add on facts here! Glory days indeed...

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post

E.cat, I love that this was sent at 4:27am in true Charlie Sheen “winning” style!!

I was thinking more along the lines of 45 DC but okay I’ll go with Charlie Sheen;-):-)

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of 45 DC but okay I'll go with Charlie Sheen;-):-)
                            No worries, e.cat - after a brief Mister Magoo interruption, 45 could well be 47, too. :-) :-)
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

No worries, e.cat - after a brief Mister Magoo interruption, 45 could well be 47, too. :-) :-)
                              The real Mister Magoo would be insulted with the comparison Chuck;-);-):-):-)

Winning!

Comment

• Final 11 games…..

UConn away
                                UConn away
                                Mack away
                                UConn home
                                Vermont away
                                #12 Lowell home
                                Maine away
                                Maine away
                                Mack home
                                #12 Lowell home
                                #12 Lowell away

A team from the early 2000’s would be looking at that back half of the schedule licking their chops. For the 21/22 version, it should be a nice test of what this developing team is. A good run likely gets us somewhere near the top 20 in PWR. A wobbly finish likely lands us at around 40. (Since hardware is not likely how this team will be measured, I’ll go with PWR as a proxy for advancement).

I’ll lay my predictions out here for craps and giggles…

Split with UConn away
                                Beat Mack away
                                Beat UConn at home
                                Beat Vermont away
                                Lose to Lowell at home
                                Win and a tie at Alfond
                                Beat Mack at home
                                Split the final Lowell series

7-3-1 to finish the season at 18-13-2. That’s certainly glass-half-full thinking, but I’m having what Mr. Sheen is having!!

Comment

Working...
                                X