Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice start tonight, fellas - let’s keep it rolling!
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
      Nice start tonight, fellas - let’s keep it rolling!
      UNH 3 BC 0, with 5 minutes left in the second period. Wilder back in goal for BC as a result.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Remember a few months ago when some of you were jealous of Maine fans? Good times, good times.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Remember a few months ago when some of you were jealous of Maine fans? Good times, good times.
          Still think UMaine made the best hire of the offseason.

Only question left for me is whether MS7 can manage to turn his program around?

UNH on the verge of a sweep at 4-1 midway through the 3rd period, but taking stupid penalties now ...

Comment

• 4-2 and now another penalty. Trying to give it away.

Comment

• 5-2 with an ENG. game over.

Comment

• 5-2 final. UNH with the surprising weekend sweep. We will take it!
                GO BLUE!

Comment

• After the opening Union weekend, we had a 10-game stretch where we went 2-7-1 with 34 GA against 12 GF. Since then, starting with the second game of the UMass weekend, we’ve gone 7-3 with 29 GF and 15 GA. Not sure the thread title was accurate. Better stated, the answer to the questions seems to be, “no”.
                  Last edited by wildcatdc; 01-15-2022, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• ***fingers crossed*** Here's hoping that Souza and the guys may have turned the corner this weekend with the sweep of the Eagles. ***fingers crossed*** ***fingers crossed***
                    ***fingers crossed*** ***fingers crossed*** ***fingers crossed*** :-)
                    UNH

Comment

• Yeah "CATTTTSSSSSSSS! Made my flight back from NOLA most pleasant!!!! Seriously someone look up the last time we swept the Eagles....surely not in my tenure? Way to go "Cats.....!!!!
                      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                        After the opening Union weekend, we had a 10-game stretch where we went 2-7-1 with 34 GA against 12 GF. Since then, starting with the second game of the UMass weekend, we've gone 7-3 with 29 GF and 15 GA. Not sure the thread title was accurate. Better stated, the answer to the questions seems to be, “no”.
                        There was the question mark at the end of the title ...

UNH peeks out over .500 with this latest W. Two big regulation W's against BC, and now the regular season may be defined by three games in the next four contests against Luce's boys from Storrs. UNH has started to score regularly, develop some attacking depth, and Huard is looking like a cross between Pesce (physical build) and Gildon (scoring skills).

That's 4 wins in a row after the mind-numbingly awful loss to Dartmouth, and I believe that's 5 W's against teams that were ranked in the top 20 at the time the game was played. January hasn't been a kind month to UNH teams in the past, but these last two wins have not been by accident. I can't dismiss this as a "mirage" if they continue to play this well.

This "winter of our discontent" could be taking a very unexpected (and very positive) U-turn ... :-)

Comment

• From a friend of mine: In the 08-09 season we swept a weekend series with them. But played them 3 times that season and did lose 1. Also: In 07-08 we swept them in the regular season but then lost to them in the semi finals.

Comment

• Yes as Steinbeck showed us, we can move from the depths of disappointment to a better future. These kids a have a lot of grit. The goals have finally come but as noted, it will be a tough road ahead. Mikey is focused and that is good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

There was the question mark at the end of the title ...

)
                              Which is why I said that “better stated, the answer to the question seems to be ‘no’”! :-)

Comment

• Freshman defenseman Colton Huard has scored a goal in each of @UNHMHOCKEY's last three games and has three goals and five assists in the team's last four games. The 'Cats have won four straight games and are 11-10-1 overall and 5-7-1 in Hockey East. (From UNH Insider)

Comment

Working...
                                X