Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
    Quick history question. I was always under the impression that the last game played at Snively (double OT playoff win against BC) was the longest game played at Snively (not longest UNH game). Can any confirm or refute?
    I can only confirm my memory at the time that the '94 Snively finale was reported as the arena's longest-ever game. That's not definitive, but I would be surprised to find out otherwise.

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

I can only confirm my memory at the time that the '94 Snively finale was reported as the arena's longest-ever game. That's not definitive, but I would be surprised to find out otherwise.
      Pretty neat if it was (which I too believe it was), kind of like the old rink didn’t want to go away! On another note, nice to see Huard get HE defensive player of the week, despite the fact many teams didn’t play due to several cases of the sniffles.
      GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

I am going to miss these (going to NOLA) games but hope to watch on the flight home haha. I would love a split, we have played well v the Beagles in the past couple. Not kidding myself as I know how good they are and their goaltending has been as always excellent. Wonder if McBain will be back in the line up but not that it matters they are as usual, loaded. I think the guys will get up for the games and I wouldn't be looking past the 'Cats..

What color beads do you like Chuck I'll bring you back some....blue ones? ha! (insert smiley face and wink)
        I would guess "anal beads"... Any color will do.

:P

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I would guess "anal beads"... Any color will do.

:P

Nah, he'd pass, those are definitely more of a Maine thing.
          GO BLUE!

Comment

• Didn't see the game still in NOLA but caught some highlights! Nice W 'Cats! Question who was the back up tonight? Not a club player? Anyway Huards goal looked amazing and good for Jenson and Mac. Prolly watch tomorrow's game on the flight home. Nice to get one st Conte been forever....
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• It was a wonderful game Ref. Continued great defensive efforts for three periods. Saw BC backup goalie and he left more rebounds that we have been seeing in a typical game. But just a lot of fun to watch. Solid crowd and close to the announced number. Huard is the real deal and Nicolai continues to show incredible growth with a strong defensive and offensive showing.
              They had to find another unknown as their backup goalie but interestingly Fessenden skated out at the start of the second period. Not sure what that was about? Never seen that before.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                It was a wonderful game Ref. Continued great defensive efforts for three periods. Saw BC backup goalie and he left more rebounds that we have been seeing in a typical game. But just a lot of fun to watch. Solid crowd and close to the announced number. Huard is the real deal and Nicolai continues to show incredible growth with a strong defensive and offensive showing.
                They had to find another unknown as their backup goalie but interestingly Fessenden skated out at the start of the second period. Not sure what that was about? Never seen that before.
                They probably got a negative test result during the first period, but not before, and (fortunately) they were prepared for that reality...
                Live Free or Die!!
                Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Didn't see the game still in NOLA but caught some highlights! Nice W 'Cats! Question who was the back up tonight? Not a club player? Anyway Huards goal looked amazing and good for Jenson and Mac. Prolly watch tomorrow's game on the flight home. Nice to get one at Conte been forever....
                  Yep, a whole 372 days
                  UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

They probably got a negative test result during the first period, but not before, and (fortunately) they were prepared for that reality...
                    Radio announcers said it was during warm ups, he was scrambling to dress.

I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Caught this one on tape last night, thrilled with the improved all-around quality of play shown by the 'Cats in what is now a three-game mini-winning streak. All three goals scored by defenseman on this occasion, and the way Huard continues to play begs the question as to what took MS7 so long to get the kid into the line-up? Big and mobile, good positional play, looking very comfortable on the puck ... and only a frosh. Hope it's not a mirage, and if he's the real deal, suddenly the underclass players are looking to form a very solid backline, and a couple of top line sniper types in Devlin and Cronin. Might be nice if one or two of the seniors (thinking Pierson and Engaras) could stick around for another year, assuming they're eligible given the current situation, as the team is playing with some confidence I haven't seen around this place for awhile.

Tonight at BC should be revealing ... UNH has only one road win so far (Harvard?), and their next 4 games are on the road, including two at UConn next weekend. It would be nice if they can get something out of tonight's rematch, and then take it to Luce's boys, which could get the 'Cats back into the crowded middle slots in the HEA standings. The stretch run doesn't look too daunting, unless you count 3 games with surprising UML (including the last two RS games), so if last night is a sample of the "real thing" and not a mirage, we could be seeing some important hockey games being played in the Winter up here in Titletown for the first time in awhile.

---------------

Before I forget ... something last night didn't pass the smell test (at least for me), and it was right at the end, when BC had scored late with under 20 seconds to narrow the margin to 3-2. Surprisingly - and not seemingly prompted by the UNH players or bench - the officiating crew wandered over to engage in a lengthy review of the goal, purportedly for "goaltender interference". I didn't see any in real time, and the replays seemingly didn't offer any compelling evidence either. Yet the crew spent enough time in the review area to enjoy some coffee and donuts (in honor of their colleague Officer Benedetto, no doubt) before coming to the obvious conclusion, yeah, there was no interference. No sheet, Sherlock ... but it sure did give the already-exhausted BC top-liners plenty of time to refuel and recharge, and those last few seconds were probably the best hockey that group played all night.

I'll apologize (partially) here and now if MS7 asked for the review - only partially because it should have lasted 15 seconds, not two minutes - and it makes me ask the question whether UNH could have declined the review, as it was apparent to anyone with functional eyesight there wasn't a violation. Just goes to show that, even with the rise of Commish Nigel, the folks running this league really haven't changed. It's like the "Deep State of Hockey East". The folks at the Effingwoods Hockey Almanac are on the case, after their troubling revelations in late 2020 about how the second-in-command at BC (Kevin "The Chancellor" Shea) was officiating HEA games in his spare time ... plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post

Yep, a whole 372 days
                        Oh yeah? Thanks for the correction.

Comment

• Okay, Nigel? A little help please? :-)

Not to pile on, but I have been thinking about an appropriate place and time to post, so here goes... the HEA web site SUCKS! Sorry, meant to type "is annoyingly tedious to use". A quick non game day schedule, score check does not need to involve so many taps/clicks and scrolling.
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            Caught this one on tape last night, thrilled with the improved all-around quality of play shown by the 'Cats in what is now a three-game mini-winning streak. All three goals scored by defenseman on this occasion, and the way Huard continues to play begs the question as to what took MS7 so long to get the kid into the line-up? Big and mobile, good positional play, looking very comfortable on the puck ... and only a frosh. Hope it's not a mirage, and if he's the real deal, suddenly the underclass players are looking to form a very solid backline, and a couple of top line sniper types in Devlin and Cronin. Might be nice if one or two of the seniors (thinking Pierson and Engaras) could stick around for another year, assuming they're eligible given the current situation, as the team is playing with some confidence I haven't seen around this place for awhile.

Tonight at BC should be revealing ... UNH has only one road win so far (Harvard?), and their next 4 games are on the road, including two at UConn next weekend. It would be nice if they can get something out of tonight's rematch, and then take it to Luce's boys, which could get the 'Cats back into the crowded middle slots in the HEA standings. The stretch run doesn't look too daunting, unless you count 3 games with surprising UML (including the last two RS games), so if last night is a sample of the "real thing" and not a mirage, we could be seeing some important hockey games being played in the Winter up here in Titletown for the first time in awhile.

---------------

Before I forget ... something last night didn't pass the smell test (at least for me), and it was right at the end, when BC had scored late with under 20 seconds to narrow the margin to 3-2. Surprisingly - and not seemingly prompted by the UNH players or bench - the officiating crew wandered over to engage in a lengthy review of the goal, purportedly for "goaltender interference". I didn't see any in real time, and the replays seemingly didn't offer any compelling evidence either. Yet the crew spent enough time in the review area to enjoy some coffee and donuts (in honor of their colleague Officer Benedetto, no doubt) before coming to the obvious conclusion, yeah, there was no interference. No sheet, Sherlock ... but it sure did give the already-exhausted BC top-liners plenty of time to refuel and recharge, and those last few seconds were probably the best hockey that group played all night.

I'll apologize (partially) here and now if MS7 asked for the review - only partially because it should have lasted 15 seconds, not two minutes - and it makes me ask the question whether UNH could have declined the review, as it was apparent to anyone with functional eyesight there wasn't a violation. Just goes to show that, even with the rise of Commish Nigel, the folks running this league really haven't changed. It's like the "Deep State of Hockey East". The folks at the Effingwoods Hockey Almanac are on the case, after their troubling revelations in late 2020 about how the second-in-command at BC (Kevin "The Chancellor" Shea) was officiating HEA games in his spare time ... plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose ...
                            Huard had an injury I heard? Yeah love his game!! Very Pesce...

Comment

• In all the recent excitement, we missed the debut of UNH Hockey's first legacy. Though I think Mom & gymnastics should get most of the credit, while hockey still has room for improvement...

https://unhwildcats.com/sports/women...cy-mowers/9229
                              Last edited by Dan; 01-15-2022, 11:29 AM.
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                In all the recent excitement, we missed the debut of UNH Hockey's first legacy. Though I think Mom & gymnastics should get most of the credit, while hockey still has room for improvement...

https://unhwildcats.com/sports/women...cy-mowers/9229
                                Figures. Baby steps for a hockey legacy, still. Good catch, Dan.

Comment

Working...
                                X