Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like SNHU and St, A's have games this weekend....
    Plus how embarrassing would it be losing to either of them.

most of HE isn’t playing tomorrow. Maine and UMass have 2 games this weekend but others do not.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Welp, there goes my Friday night:

Breaking: UNH’s Men’s Hockey game against St. Lawrence this Friday the 7th in Durham has been canceled and will not be made up. St. Lawrence is also canceling their game against Merrimack the following night. #betheroar @TNHSports1911 @UNHMHOCKEY
      Just called the box office. No game tomorrow can’t find anyone who wants a W.

I asked about refund for STH and they said we can use them for another game which to me isn’t acceptable. Hopefully I’ll get my money back.

As for Saturday the game is now 7:30 if you didn’t get an update. I asked about the potential of it actually happening and the kid did not speak with certainty. It was Uhhh um yeah it’s on as if now

My guess is that it will not happen

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post

Plus how embarrassing would it be losing to either of them.

most of HE isn’t playing tomorrow. Maine and UMass have 2 games this weekend but others do not.
        Is UMass really playing this weekend? Heard a couple Michigan players have hangnails so the series might be off.
        UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
          Wildcatdc, you are so right about the SEC mindset. What I was surprised about n your post was that you didn’t add, was the fact that your family of War Eagles fans would be extra happy about is that at least half of those would be @*$#& Bama fans! Correct? And Satan would finally be gone!
          As a Michigan Wolverine buddy of mine likes to say, the only good outcome of a Michigan State - Ohio State football game is if a fleet of 747’s crashed into the stadium in the middle of the first quarter.

(‘course, I haven’t heard much from him since last Friday)
          Last edited by wildcatdc; 01-06-2022, 01:25 PM.
          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Doubting there will be any runs on vents OR caskets, 'dc. This being the highly-contagious but much weaker Omicron strain, but if you're an Auburn fan, can't blame you for hoping, eh?? ;-)

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
            I wasn’t making any comments on relative virus deadliness. I was simply commenting on the Alabama/Georgia mentality around football. If even one of the 70,000 kicks the bucket a couple weeks after the games, their dying words will be “Go Dawgs” or “Roll Tide”!!

But since you went there, I will say that my sister-in-law runs the COVID units (started with one unit, expanded to three, contracted to one, about to expand again) in one of the largest northeast Alabama regional hospitals. Let’s just say that a combo of ignorance, anti-vaxxing, and horrendous general health in that area have watched her decouple an extraordinary number of Auburn and Alabama fans from their vents - and not because they were on a path to recovery. The joke about “Alabama man” is unfortunately not a joke!

Obviously, Omicron will pick off a lower percentage… BUT Alabama (and all of SEC-land) will see a disproportionate share. I feel for my sister-in-law… she’s at the point where she just wants to say Eff the unvaxxed. But she can’t. She swore an oath.
            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• So if MC has no game Friday as they are maybe playing Bentley on Sat now then our game v Clarkson must be off? As per Mike McMahon:

Sounds like Merrimack will play Bentley on Saturday … no game for them Friday.
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                So if MC has no game Friday as they are maybe playing Bentley on Sat now then our game v Clarkson must be off? As per Mike McMahon:

Sounds like Merrimack will play Bentley on Saturday … no game for them Friday.
                Per our trusted box office nothing official about tomorrow but there’s no game. No crap based on what the other guy said.

as of 2:40pm Saturday is still on. Email to STH in the next hour or two. Maybe Saturday is a go and they found someone other than Clarkson

Comment

Per our trusted box office nothing official about tomorrow but there’s no game. No crap based on what the other guy said.

as of 2:40pm Saturday is still on. Email to STH in the next hour or two. Maybe Saturday is a go and they found someone other than Clarkson
                  HEre is the minute by minute update. Called Clarkson. The game against MC is cancelled but UNH game is a go. Maybe weather related and travel tomorrow?

Comment

HEre is the minute by minute update. Called Clarkson. The game against MC is cancelled but UNH game is a go. Maybe weather related and travel tomorrow?
                    Good sleuthing norbert!!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Way to go old school, norbert!!! Kudos! reminds me of when I was much younger and wanted out of town scores. I called either radio stations or newspaper desks.

Says something about the lack of communicative abilities among the various athletic departments, despite all of the vaunted social media platforms.

Also speaks to the lack of media coverage in general that college hockey receives, and the laziness of those "reporters" who purport to cover it.
                      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                        Unfortunately it looks like SNHU and St, A's have games this weekend....
                        Originally posted by Felger View Post
                        Is UMass really playing this weekend? Heard a couple Michigan players have hangnails so the series might be off.
                        Felger wins WIS' "Poster of the Day" honors in a landslide, with some high quality sarcasm. Kudos!!
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Alittle short around the roster tonight! Club goaltender as back up both swedes out as well as Cronin McKinnon . Smendel and Hickey round off the Dmen.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Will be lucky to see 1,500 in attendance tonight. #thankyoumarty

Club goaltender apparently isn't deserving to even have a nameplate on his jersey.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post

I wasn’t making any comments on relative virus deadliness. I was simply commenting on the Alabama/Georgia mentality around football. If even one of the 70,000 kicks the bucket a couple weeks after the games, their dying words will be “Go Dawgs” or “Roll Tide”!!

But since you went there, I will say that my sister-in-law runs the COVID units (started with one unit, expanded to three, contracted to one, about to expand again) in one of the largest northeast Alabama regional hospitals. Let’s just say that a combo of ignorance, anti-vaxxing, and horrendous general health in that area have watched her decouple an extraordinary number of Auburn and Alabama fans from their vents - and not because they were on a path to recovery. The joke about “Alabama man” is unfortunately not a joke!

Obviously, Omicron will pick off a lower percentage… BUT Alabama (and all of SEC-land) will see a disproportionate share. I feel for my sister-in-law… she’s at the point where she just wants to say Eff the unvaxxed. But she can’t. She swore an oath.
                              Well, there you go... But don't attempt to explain anything remotely attached to actual scientific evidence to a tRumpie.

That never works.

Comment

• Nice snipe Devlin!
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X