Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
    We should all broaden our view points by reading other (verified) news sources. Facebook is not a verified news source. Twitter is not a verified news source. If you watch Fox (I don't), check out CNN, MSNBC. If you watch CNN, MSNBC (I don't), check out Fox. On occasion I switch between Fox and CNN to amuse myself and to feel like I am traveling to different countries without leaving my living room. Seek out verified news sources with broad worldwide coverage.
    You know, I agree with most of what you've posted, Darius. I will point out, however, that for folks with beliefs on my side of the spectrum, there is no need to be urged to check out the "other side". We are surrounded by the "other side" and most of the time, you listen to one, and you've heard them all. Here in NH, WMUR is there for my weather and sports, but I end up getting hit by ABC narratives from NYC and DC in between. So folks of my ilk are already constantly acutely aware of what the "other side" is saying. And when it makes sense, and when there is agreement, I don't have an issue with it.

Where the disconnect truly is, lies with those on the other side of the equation, who get their "news" from MSM or marginal opinion (not news, as you've pointed out) sites, like FB and Twitter. Unlike you, who at least checks in periodically to hear what the other side of the story might be, many folks out there are blissfully unaware there is even another side. On top of that, MSM and the social media propaganda stalwarts routinely stigmatize those who'd even venture to seek out the "other side".

The MSM earned their current level of distrust by going along with the stupidity of the Trump-Russia BS, and cemented it by going into the tank for Mister Magoo during the '20 primary season and harmful disclosures of his ties to Red China, through what has since been confirmed to have been actual verified evidence through his crackhead son's laptop.

Going along with the Magoo Admin's narrative that "non-vaxxers are bad" - while allowing Red China to skate for causing the problem in the first place - only adds to the distrust.

And while we're talking about distrust of the vaccines (and for the umpteenth time, I'm vaxxed, but will not be boosted, not once, not a dozen times), as I pointed out to "I'm above the politics" EJ earlier ... remember when Mister Magoo and Giggles McPlatypus both said they wouldn't trust any vaccines coming from their predecessor, when they were campaigning from Magoo's basement lair?? Despite the endless waves of propaganda, A LOT of people remember that. So Magoo owns that, yet his pals in MSM never seem to call him out on that. Hmmm, wonder why???

As cartoon character Pogo said, which Magoo should adopt ... "We've met the enemy, and he is us".
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post

After reading all of the "science" on here, I actually called my Doctor today to get my latest Polio and Small Pox booster shot. This will be my 27th of each one because the efficacy only lasts 6 months, just like the corona "vaccines". See I am following the science.

EDIT: Sorry my doctor just called back and told me that there aren't any polio or small pox booster shots. Wait a minute, I thought that these were "vaccines"?? :-) :-) :-)
      EVERYBODY was vaccinated. It worked.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post

Darius, thank you for making the basic point that many of us have been trying to make, before getting shot down as "not following the science". Past generations went into situations where they absolutely KNEW the chances were they weren't going to see Grandma again (let alone infect her). Grandma knew it, moms knew, but the vast majority still said - Let's Roll. They didnt say where is my facial decoration but did say where is my GAS mask. Nor did they say "can we socially distance on Omaha Beach"? The DID say, Let's storm the beach and save the free world.

Another way of looking at your statement could be that Half the country (the science says 27% I believe) doesnt want the shot because they are ready to storm the beach and help save what is left of the free world. HUGE DIFFERENCE.
        I read this three times. Are you saying that natural immunity is a better solution than masking and vaxxing? I can respect that as a logically thought out decision that I disagree with.

Comment

• Chuck, pro tip: the name calling does not help your well written and thought out posts. Also, who the f@#$ is “Giggles McPlatypus”? “MS”, “BS”, “35”, “Blue” something… half the time I don’t know who you are posting about.

Comment

This...100% this!!!
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              Sorry about the long-winded answer to the previous part, teez. I'm with you 100%, hopefully with the long-overdue change in the AD's offices, we'll see Hockey turning around, although I have to confess, it feels like a SLOG as well. I also suspect our near enemy up in the Downeast has stolen a march on us with their adventurous new Hockey HC hire, which won't make things easier. But if Soccer can fill a decent chunk of the football stadium in the bitter chill of November, anything's possible.
              I appreciate the entire response. I tried some searches to find old articles from NH papers on the birth of the Whitt, but got nothing which is why figured I'd ask. You make a solid point about Agganis being the real white elephant in HE. Looks like it was built to the tune of $225 million. It does have prime real estate in Boston though, so that mitigates some of it and it does attract non hockey crowds. But if they had a do over I'm sure they'd love to walk that back to a ~4,500 seater.

Comment

Well, according to the WHO, Polio DOES still exist. Obviously, on a much smaller scale because of a TRUE vaccine. Therein lies the fallacy of your point. If the new MRNA "vaccine" are truly vaccines, like the polio one, why are vaccinated people still getting corona? It wouldn't be possible. Back to my point, did you get a polio vaccine recently? Per the WHO, only Pakistan and Afghanistan are countries where polio was never eradicated. How come all of the soldiers who deployed in the endless 21 odd year Afghanistan Police Action didnt get polio? They had taken a REAL vaccine.

Have fun getting your booster shots every 6 months until the end of time.

Comment

I read this three times. Are you saying that natural immunity is a better solution than masking and vaxxing? I can respect that as a logically thought out decision that I disagree with.
                  My original point had nothing to do with natural immunity but was based upon your getting shot in a war statement. It had everything to do with having the SACK to actually be in the conflict in the first place. No waiting on Fauci to say it is OK, no well I might bring some virus home to grandma. The only plan was you were storming the beach for freedom, placing that sack on the table and hoping it wasn't going to get crushed, but knowing full well that more than likely the crushing was going to hurt. But they selflessly did it anyway. Simply put - storm the beach and lets get back to living.

Natural Immunity IS a better solution. Based upon the effectiveness of the "vaccine", I would say the only foolproof solution until a true vaccine is ready. If you are not wearing an N95 mask, then a facial decoration. How many people are wearing the N95 masks? Obviously not many people in NY or NYC, because even with mask mandates and vac cards, they are STILL leading the country in cases.

Comment

• Ah. Semantics. “Shot”, then.

I wear an N-95 when I want to be somewhere I consider high risk.

Every six months? Unlikely. Yearly seems reasonable.

Comment

Ah. Semantics. “Shot”, then.

I wear an N-95 when I want to be somewhere I consider high risk.

Every six months? Unlikely. Yearly seems reasonable.
                      Just bought some for my NOLA trip coming up as Louisiana is what, 35% vaxxed? Yeah, I'd say its going to be a yearly gig depending on where this all goes. Anyway, the 'Cats are up in Hanover and I cannot wait until tomorrow! Thank God. Go 'Cats!

Comment

Chuck, pro tip: the name calling does not help your well written and thought out posts. Also, who the f@#$ is “Giggles McPlatypus”? “MS”, “BS”, “35”, “Blue” something… half the time I don't know who you are posting about.
                        Appreciate the tip, Darius. Hint: if you can figure out Magoo, Giggles McP has the office next door ...
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Lunch in Boscawen on the way up today. https://twitter.com/unhmhockey/statu...036357126?s=21

Comment

• UNH lines up..Verrier in as extra.skater...Fessenden gets the nod in net. Go 'Cats!
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-30-2021, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Game is on NESN

Comment

• Game is on NESN

Comment

Working...
                                X