Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
    Love that you went Portland to see the Man. Saw that Peter MacArthur is on the Thunder roster. He was a force years ago for BU. Great college numbers, 130-40 points would be my guess. A little long in the tooth. Always fun to get to see players play post graduation. Saw JvR play his first NHL game.
    I believe that the last time we player in the Dartmouth holiday tournament we were just learning of the pick up of a really young and exciting German kid!!!!!! Just waiting for the announcement.
    I've made it a point to see players that have been in the 'area' so to speak. And oh...that announcement. Gotta be another one out there that does stick!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• UNH football: Ricky Santos named 20th head coach in Wildcats’ history:
      https://tnhdigital.com/2021/12/07/un...dcats-history/
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
        UNH football: Ricky Santos named 20th head coach in Wildcats’ history:
        https://tnhdigital.com/2021/12/07/un...dcats-history/
        Gosh that was a quick national search, wasn't it ...
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          A lot of great UNH teams have lost to Dartmouth teams they're supposed to handle - even when they've feasted. That game is a toss-up, every year, records and talent aside...

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/04...s/mdarunh1.j12
          Wow. I had forgotten about that game. Great crowd that night though - Attendance: 9405. Looking at Dartmouth's roster, 3 solid NHLers with ~2000 games in Lovejoy (Concord NH), Tanner Glass and Lee Stempniak.

Comment

• Talk about being there! My son and I were in the photo in the Union Leader story of the game. Didn’t know until several people called who had seen it. Was able to get a copy.

Comment

• It would take this UNH team a month to score as many goals as that one did in 60 minutes....
              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                It would take this UNH team a month to score as many goals as that one did in 60 minutes....
                ... and sadly, that is not an exaggeration. I was there too FWIW. To build on the theme, you might even be able to say that game drew as many fans as UNH draws to the Whitt in a given month now.

Comment

• Yes a ton of scoring but a rather depressing game. We would have thought that we were clearly the better team, jumped out early and then gave it up 4-3 first period, then 3 quick ones and I remember thinking “we got this one” but no, they came back strong.
                  Those early River Stones did have great attendance, but then it died down (perhaps as we did).
                  And Chuck, have you been to a game this year? Attendance has not been all that bad, look around HE and I’ll bet we are 3rd or 4th. Cheering is decent and the crowd appears to into it. Yes they report more than are there but I have to believe it is tickets sold not fannys in the seats. Financially that helps but practically they should want real fans.

Comment

Those early River Stones did have great attendance, but then it died down (perhaps as we did).
                    Yup. The novelty wore off, and the Monarchs asserted their local market dominance. Plus UNH pretty much ceded the market and in the end, regularly full buildings in Manch AND Durham were half full. Hard to believe the now-SNHU Center is almost functionally abandoned - lacking a regular sports tenant after the ECHL Goon Monarchs left town - after less than a generation ...

Manchester Monarchs hockey team [AHL] statistics and history at hockeydb.com

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                    And Chuck, have you been to a game this year? Attendance has not been all that bad, look around HE and I'll bet we are 3rd or 4th. Cheering is decent and the crowd appears to into it. Yes they report more than are there but I have to believe it is tickets sold not fannys in the seats. Financially that helps but practically they should want real fans.
                    Haven't been to a game in two years, and miss it all a LOT. Especially the tourneys (HE & NCAA) which seemed routine and never-ending not all that long ago. Going to the two soccer tourney games across the street last month reminded me what we're missing out on with the hockey program now. Hoping the new AD makes restoration of the hockey programs Job One.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Hey for fun yesterday as an added note I traveled with another UNH hockey fanatic to Portland ME to watch Patrick Grasso play v the Maine Mariners. He was happy to see us and played well starting the game and getting an assist (had a hattie last week). ALSO on his team was Jake Rzcek and Joeseph Masonius. Both decent DMen (esp. JM) but boy the crowd did not like him lots of on ice chirping. I know alot of people don't consider the ECHL that great but I think the hockey is decent enough (too many fights maybe?) and it gives guys a place to continue to play. Mariners have a few Blackbearson their team like J.D. Greenway and Patrick Shea. Made for a fun afternoon and got a few raised eyebrows about our UNH jerseys HA!
                      "Too many fights?" Heresy, I say!! That's the 'Coast's raison d'etre ... :-)

Comment

The Stones were never great, but had good attendance (even great attendance at the free concert in Altamont). Since then, they have just been going through the motions, living on reputation.

The Souza record:
                        15-16 10th place
                        16-17 10th place
                        17-18 11th place
                        18-19 8th place
                        19-20 9th place
                        20-21 10th place
                        21-22 9th place
                        22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

The Stones were never great, but had good attendance (even great attendance at the free concert in Altamont). Since then, they have just been going through the motions, living on reputation.
                          Paul McCartney called them a blues cover band. To which Mick Jagger replied . Anyway, haha the sarcasm and analogy were not lost on me...for once.
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                            Never has so much money and hype been generated, with such modest talent.

Mick has proven to be a genius businessman, gotta admit though ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Gosh that was a quick national search, wasn't it ...
                              I’m assuming this was tongue-in-cheek, but there was never a suggestion that UNH would do a national search for a coach. The new AD, on the other hand, will be a national search.
                              Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Never has so much money and hype been generated, with such modest talent.

Mick has proven to be a genius businessman, gotta admit though ...
                                Agree with the sentiments here. They’ve grown on me over time, but I’d never put them in the top echelon of creative or musically-gifted greats.

I saw them once (Maracana, again!), and I do have to say they put on a hell of a show for a group of septuagenarians!
                                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X