Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrison B breaks through 'Cats with some decent stuff at Commesso...
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
      Pretty sure that they sold beer at WBA but my memory could be playing tricks on me.

I preferred games there but I am a dinosaur. (Kind of like the program is.)
      Yup, they absolutely sold beer at WBA. I like Agganis Arena the most of the new arenas, Parker had a clear hand in it, and I always thought it was a modern day equivalent of the original Boston Garden (narrow/tight) with way better sightlines than the current building on Causeway St. (wide). WBA could get pretty loud with the low (aluminum?) ceiling, fun place too.

Still puzzled/bemused by Hockey East's continuing use of former players/alums as on-ice officials ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Yup, they absolutely sold beer at WBA. I like Agganis Arena the most of the new arenas, Parker had a clear hand in it, and I always thought it was a modern day equivalent of the original Boston Garden (narrow/tight) with way better sightlines than the current building on Causeway St. (wide). WBA could get pretty loud with the low (aluminum?) ceiling, fun place too.

Still puzzled/bemused by Hockey East's continuing use of former players/alums as on-ice officials ...
        Yes the liquor lic at that location was transferred from Braves Field, since 1915 events have had brew. Same holds true for Matthews Arena but their lic only allows the sale in the existing Club Bar. So these locations flew the flag in the face of the NCAA regs for years.

Comment

• Trying to figure out who's doing the streaming broadcast tonight?

Sounds like a couple of local-yokel Southie old-timer boyos ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Hr's predictions for BU:

Friday: BU 3 UNH 1
            Saturday: UNH 2 BU 1

A split would be great! Without looking and I could be wrong (gasp) the last time we won at Agganis was 2014. Have seen us tie there once.. We have beaten them at UNH twice in my tenure ...surely since 2015????

Regardless....let's go 'Cats!
            Good call on tonight's game...
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• 'Ref has taken over the prediction crown for sure this season. Another one right on the button.

Comment

• Rats. Held our own...,still searching for that elusive win at the Agganis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  'Ref has taken over the prediction crown for sure this season. Another one right on the button.
                  Sigh..wish I was wrong!! Here's a prediction for tomorrow Robinson gets the start.

Comment

Sigh..wish I was wrong!! Here's a prediction for tomorrow Robinson gets the start.
                    Ps..I mean have we always lost to BU away? Just one win in 7 seasons at the Agganis...and I didn't even get a beer last nite!! At least, the seats were cheap thanks DBravo for the tip...12 bucks each. Asked some longtime UNH fans about our experiences with BU/Aggainis...guess that in the first 5 years or so we couldn't lose there. Good thing for goal reviews...HR still stands on the predict for tonight, but, you never know! Go 'Cats!!
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-04-2021, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Sorry folks let you.down!

Comment

Sorry folks let you.down!
                        Still pretty darned close AND you got Robinson starting right, too.

Comment

• Unfortunately a predictable weekend. Chance to go into the break 2 games over against a lesser team until you realize you are that team

must have been a big game with Mr. Ambrose making a return to Libby’s.

Can 2022 bring us 3 new people? AD, Football HC, and a Hockey HC? Unlikely they all happen but a clean slate would be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post
                            Unfortunately a predictable weekend. Chance to go into the break 2 games over against a lesser team until you realize you are that team

must have been a big game with Mr. Ambrose making a return to Libby’s.

Can 2022 bring us 3 new people? AD, Football HC, and a Hockey HC? Unlikely they all happen but a clean slate would be nice.
                            Well at least we didn't get blown out...I think we had some good stuff but what has hounded us keeps hounding us. Would have been nice tho...for a split. Wasn't too thrilled with our fans choice of a chant but how about the return of BB?!?!

I'd like to focus on how we are seeing some decent development with guys like Devlin Gagne and Huard for starters...Its not a total disaster.

But yeah...its frustrating as hell at times but who knows? Am looking ahead to the Dartmouth event to close out the year...perhaps we make the title game hey it could happen!! Did I just make another bold prediction!?!

I need to unplug and get ready for the marriage of our son in two weeks! Wishing everyone good health and bright days for the holidays no matter how you celebrate!

Comment

• Guess I didn’t notice any reaction to Black Betty. Maybe it was the surprise of it being back.

Lose 2-1 or 10-1 we still lost and again scored a single goal. I don’t take any solace in losing but not getting blown out. This was a weekend to make a statement against a team below you and fell flat on their faces.

5-3 was terrible. I watched it from above as it was more entertaining up stairs, but shoot the puck. Too many passes.

this is a mediocre team that some nights can play enough D to win a game but overall they are in purgatory.

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post
                                Guess I didn’t notice any reaction to Black Betty. Maybe it was the surprise of it being back.

Lose 2-1 or 10-1 we still lost and again scored a single goal. I don’t take any solace in losing but not getting blown out. This was a weekend to make a statement against a team below you and fell flat on their faces.

5-3 was terrible. I watched it from above as it was more entertaining up stairs, but shoot the puck. Too many passes.

this is a mediocre team that some nights can play enough D to win a game but overall they are in purgatory.
                                Two storied programs wallowing in the mediocre middle of a great conference... You guys sound a lot like us over on the BU thread.... "at least we didn't get swept", moral victories, etc. For BU, it was too conservative play in the 3rd just hoping for the 1-0 shutout (bad coaching) and our first 2 win weekend all season. Hang in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X