Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

... yet for all of the bellyaching about how this is a "down" year for Hockey East, the mighty Harvard Crimson are winless in two games against HEA opposition, and have scored less than 0.50 GPG in that (admittedly small) sample of games. Things that make you go hmmmmm ...
    Thanks...wasn't aware of their record just going by what's out there. Still a ranked team and it does feel good to beat em! Not so ranked today tho...still plenty of hockey left!

Could it be that we are indeed the "up and coming" Wildcats? (From game article on this site)

Let's go Up and Coming 'Cats!!!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
      Glad to hear the insight.

Prediction: Harvard 6 to 1
      Close!
      The Chicago Blackhawks - your 2009-2010 Stanley Cup Champions!!

Comment

• Unh 3-1
        The Souza record:
        15-16 10th place
        16-17 10th place
        17-18 11th place
        18-19 8th place
        19-20 9th place
        20-21 10th place
        21-22 9th place
        22-23 10th place

Comment

• Robo has now saved 71 of the last 73 shots he’s faced.
          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• So far uneventful quite the last 30 seconds....at least we got a PPG......figured the game would gotheway it has if I'm honest! Hopefully a strong third!

Comment

• Great to see Margel break his duck! Called his dad who missed the goal because CollegeSportsLive wasn’t working for him… UGH!

Comment

• Nice way to finish off the hockey weekend! Back to .500, which isn’t something we would have been proud of 15 years ago, but I’ll take it right now. Guys have showed some pluck the last couple weekends

Comment

• Good for Engaras GWG after not scoring earlier. We won important face offs both nights.
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                    Good for Engaras GWG after not scoring earlier. We won important face offs both nights.
                    FaceOffsMatter Happy for Filip! Phew...

Comment

• UNH wins two winnable games, tacked onto the UMass OT win, and it's a three game winning streak in Titletown. Two more winnable games next weekend (home and away vs. BU), then 3/4 out of the next 4 games upon their return to action come against ECAC opponents. So that's at least 5 winnable games over the next 6, and even BC on neutral ice isn't out of reach.

Things could go either way from here ... there is somewhat of the same vibe as Coach Umile's final season, when the team had some momentum coming out of the break, but then spit the bit in the winter, and The Quest would end up about a half-dozen games short of its goal. The rest of this season kind of sets up similarly, and hopefully for MS7 it plays out differently.

Robinson has come back from exile to string together some nice performances to get these results, and I would guess MS7 is going to the "ride the hot hand" approach, unless he buckles and gives Fessenden one of the starts vs. BU before the break. Would be really nice to see UNH light up Commesso with a big goal haul (say, 3 goals per game!) next weekend, hafta think MS7 wouldn't mind revisiting his previous recruit in a victorious post-game handshake line, eh?

Now the eyes of Wildcat Nation turn west to Corvalis OR to see if the Soccer 'Cats take another big step towards the Soccer Cup (D-1 soccer's version of the Frozen Four) against top-ranked OSU. Given that another OSU (Columbus OH chapter) lost a pretty meaningful contest this afternoon up in Ann Arbor ... hoping UNH pelts the Beavers tomorrow night on the road, leading to more pain for OSU!!
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                        Great to see Margel break his duck! Called his dad who missed the goal because CollegeSportsLive wasn’t working for him… UGH!
                        Shouldn't be this difficult for a streaming company to stream in 2021, but CSL has struggled to deliver thus far. They seem to have an especially hard time during the NESN simulcast games...
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Shouldn't be this difficult for a streaming company to stream in 2021, but CSL has struggled to deliver thus far. They seem to have an especially hard time during the NESN simulcast games...
                          Exactly. He says it is particularly bad when it’s a NESN/Durham combo. Since I’m up here in NH this weekend and could watch in NESN, I offered him to use my NESN sign-on to watch it but by the beginning of the second, CSL was working.

speaking of streaming and Corvallis, it looks like we will all need to sign up for the PAC-12 network for tonight’s match unless I’m missing something.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                            ...speaking of streaming and Corvallis, it looks like we will all need to sign up for the PAC-12 network for tonight’s match unless I’m missing something.
                            PAC-12 Oregon. The PAC-12 network is broadcasting Fresno State/California basketball at 9:00 tonight according to the Comcast guide. They are airing UNH vs. OR ST at 1:00 AM Monday, 9:00 AM Monday and 9:00 PM Tuesday. It doesn't seem that Comcast offers a way to see it live, hoping some of the links I am clicking that don't do anything right now become active at game time.

Comment

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-12_Network

In addition to the national channel, it also operates a group of six regional sports channels focusing on different schools within the conference under the Pac-12 Networks brand...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-12_Network

In addition to the national channel, it also operates a group of six regional sports channels focusing on different schools within the conference under the Pac-12 Networks brand...
                                So at this point, no one, not even their own school, is offering a live view of this game? Guess being number 1 in D1 isn't that important, but, hey, ratings...

Comment

Working...
                                X