Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another solid defensive effort.
    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Great win Wildcats!!! HR loves to be wrong...when incomes to my predictions that is! Keep it going tomorrow night!
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• PS...Thats 3 wins over ranked teams...

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
          Did Harvard just skate out to Black Betty??
          First task when the new AD arrives in Durham - return Black Betty to the Whitt.

IIRC, it was one of the Northeastern women's coaches that complained to Scarano about that song being played during games, and he cowtowed and had the song removed. I think that it's laugh-out-loud hilarious that here we have Harvard, a short bike ride from Matthews Arena freely blasting that song whenever they feel like it.
          UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
            IIRC, it was one of the Northeastern women's coaches that complained to Scarano about that song being played during games, and he cowtowed and had the song removed. I think that it's laugh-out-loud hilarious that here we have Harvard, a short bike ride from Matthews Arena freely blasting that song whenever they feel like it.
            Pathetic if true. First time I'm hearing/reading this, but wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Maybe UNH/MS7 is redefining the program as a Bazin-like defensive fortress? We can kvetch about the lack of scoring, but so long as they're scoring one more than the other guys, it works out. Whether this is sustainable over the long haul is the big question, but a W over Harvard is always nice.

UNH Hockey - Where We Score Less Often Than the Soccer Team ... And It (Kinda) Works :-)
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
              Another solid defensive effort.
              Yes! Especially since Harvard's averaging 4 goals per game!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Yes! Especially since Harvard's averaging 4 goals per game!
                ... yet for all of the bellyaching about how this is a "down" year for Hockey East, the mighty Harvard Crimson are winless in two games against HEA opposition, and have scored less than 0.50 GPG in that (admittedly small) sample of games. Things that make you go hmmmmm ...

Comment

• What are you using for tickets to tonight's game, didn't get them in my season ticket holder's envelope with the rest of them. . . . found them in the back of the stack, guess the game was added after original printing.
                  Last edited by msprice; 11-27-2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

... yet for all of the bellyaching about how this is a "down" year for Hockey East, the mighty Harvard Crimson are winless in two games against HEA opposition, and have scored less than 0.50 GPG in that (admittedly small) sample of games. Things that make you go hmmmmm ...
                    Not sure why you would consider a team (which didn't even play last season) and only has wins over Cornell (25), Colgate (31) Bentley (40) Dartmouth (47) and Brown (57) "mighty".... The covid protocols probably did them a favor moving forward...

Speaking of Cornell, pretty sure Will Rogers never met their head coach.
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                      Not sure why you would consider a team (which didn't even play last season) and only has wins over Cornell (25), Colgate (31) Bentley (40) Dartmouth (47) and Brown (57) "mighty".... The covid protocols probably did them a favor moving forward...
                      Sarcasm, Felgie. Should have italicized and/or bolded the word mighty.

Point being, scoring 4 goals per game against Ivy/Atlantic cupcakes, NBD ...

Comment

• Jackson Pierson is All World! Just sayin’
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• The last 10 minutes, it felt like the ‘cats knew they had it under control or at least knew what they needed to do. Coach referenced last week’s home game vs. UMA in the post game interview. Allowing 0 or 1 goal per game isn’t a long term strategy for getting back to where we all want to be, but for this team it might be best. Bonus that it was not hard to watch. We stayed somewhat aggressive, never went into pack it in and hang on mode.
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• All is right with the world when Chuck uses Yiddish, (previous post used “kvetch”), in a post about a New England state school!

Personal anecdote:: When I left for UNH in 1973, my parents were concerned that I’d never meet a Jewish girl by going to New Hampshire….of course, they weren’t aware of how close Boston was to campus…..

Can we actually get Black Betty to play again? Maybe a quick snippet of Wipeout….get some old Mojo going and rebuild UNH as a hockey team to be reckoned with? Small steps…..

Comment

• It was Ben Smith, coach of women's national team, who complained about Black Betty. Check out Black Betty debacle in Wikipedia. Oddly, when the women's team appeared on a national morning show shortly after, they played Black Betty. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by TV producer View Post
                                It was Ben Smith, coach of women's national team, who complained about Black Betty. Check out Black Betty debacle in Wikipedia. Oddly, when the women's team appeared on a national morning show shortly after, they played Black Betty. lol.
                                Ah yes...correct. Well at least I was on the right track, I knew that it was someone with a past affiliation with NU and was coaching women's hockey at the time. ;-)
                                UNH

Comment

Working...
                                X