Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    3-1 baby! Goooo Soccer 'Cats!
    Yes, and while the Bridger goal may delight the ESPN types, the last two came at the end of textbook beautiful crosses, one with a great header from Rory and then a gorgeous little bump of a volley from Gould.

Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• von Knebel with a breakaway with 6 seconds left. 4-1 going into half!

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post

Yes, and while the Bridger goal may delight the ESPN types, the last two came at the end of textbook beautiful crosses, one with a great header from Rory and then a gorgeous little bump of a volley from Gould.
        Bridger...cool name! I'm so impressed with their skill, fitness etc. What a great thing for UNH to have this team bring them national recognition.
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Sweet 16 for our Soccer 'Cats!! How far did they get last year?

Comment

Sweet 16 for our Soccer 'Cats!! How far did they get last year?
            We lost in round of 32 to Kentucky

Comment

We lost in round of 32 to Kentucky
              So they make another stride...what do you think of their chances going forward? Is it going to be 'anything can happen' or, 'they will be lucky to beat xyz'? Either or, it's still a great feat!

Comment

• I thought that I saw the next game was against number 1 Oregon? Think that happened in the past. Great game either way.
                I need to note that MR was great in goal last night. If you saw it Watcher, one of your underutilized guys played what I would say was his best game by far. Carson R. Showed more speed and determination and physicality than I have seen to date. Not enough ice but still a good showing (yes took a penalty, but that was part of his extra effort).
                Saw that UMass was starting 2 freshmen on Travigno’s wing to “pull their play up”. Looks like someone copied someone?

Comment

• UNH hockey is undefeated when scoring at least 2 goals.
                  UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                    I thought that I saw the next game was against number 1 Oregon? Think that happened in the past. Great game either way.
                    I need to note that MR was great in goal last night. If you saw it Watcher, one of your underutilized guys played what I would say was his best game by far. Carson R. Showed more speed and determination and physicality than I have seen to date. Not enough ice but still a good showing (yes took a penalty, but that was part of his extra effort).
                    Saw that UMass was starting 2 freshmen on Travigno’s wing to “pull their play up”. Looks like someone copied someone?
                    ATW really glad you are posting here! I know your post is geared more to 'Watcher but, I just want to give a thumbs up to Carson Richels as well....I really do think it was MR's greatest night in goal when I really think hard about it (there are others trust me) he was excellent. I thought both of our goal tenders played well this weekend. Curious as to see who they go with v Harvard. I think I am out of the predictions business for now! Catch you maybe Sat for the HC game? Oh, one more thing; the fullest I've seen the 'Whitt this year, and, LOUD (except when that last sec goal happened). That's why we play the games they say!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                      Manchester's Kaden Muir commits to Northeastern

Why wouldn’t he - he’s not a soccer player...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Why wouldn’t he - he’s not a soccer player...
                        Nor has he ever darkened the door of an NHIAA locker room, to the best of my knowledge.

Comment

So they make another stride...what do you think of their chances going forward? Is it going to be 'anything can happen' or, 'they will be lucky to beat xyz'? Either or, it's still a great feat!
                          Oregon State up next, in Corvallis. OSU claims to be "ready to show the whole country". Well, let's get after it. With the amount of churn in the top 10-15 of the polls this year, it feels like there's no real head-and-shoulders standout. We showed yesterday how fluid and dangerous we can be when we aren't dealing with a bunch of Burlington lumberjacks. Our backs HAVE to be more consistent - way too much slop yesterday that we got away with. I think that comes from having spent so little time in our defensive third all year.

Comment

Oregon State up next, in Corvallis. OSU claims to be "ready to show the whole country". Well, let's get after it. With the amount of churn in the top 10-15 of the polls this year, it feels like there's no real head-and-shoulders standout. We showed yesterday how fluid and dangerous we can be when we aren't dealing with a bunch of Burlington lumberjacks. Our backs HAVE to be more consistent - way too much slop yesterday that we got away with. I think that comes from having spent so little time in our defensive third all year.
                            I think getting to the Round of 16 equals UNH Soccer's high-water mark a few years ago, and a 2-1 loss to Indiana that time. I'm admittedly ignorant of the soccer "heritage" out in Corvallis - they're no UNC historically, and some brief checking on-line shows some similarities with UNH (sixth NCAA tourney, treading at or near unfamiliar waters in the Round of 16, etc.), but if the same fearless UNH team gets into them early on the road, it could make for a very interesting match. UNH could easily do to Oregon State what UVM did to UNH. The whole "ready to show the whole country" thing smacks of bravado and possible overconfidence, and I'm 99.9% sure that Coach Hubbard will have that quote posted prominently for team training this week.

Fantastic show at THTBSB yesterday BTW. No "Ode to Virtue", probably due to NCAA restrictions, but some knees were again taken (none by UNC) during the anthem. The Hansen bicycle kick got the scoring started with emphasis, but even before that, UNH was carrying the play. UNC did show some early danger on the right flank, and that created a few close chances plus the eventual equalizer, but it looked like Hubbard tactically adjusted after that, and the UNC threat dissipated while UNH went from strength to strength on the two crossed set-ups (O'Driscoll's was especially nice, I though the UNC defender could have done better on the Gould goal), and even the UNC coach described the 4th BW goal as the kill shot.

UNH also finished up the game nicely, not totally sitting back and playing everyone behind the ball in the second half, and probably even enjoyed the better of the limited attacking chances, hitting the post at one point. UNC never looked for a single moment that they were threatening to make a game of it in the second half. I agree with 'dc, the UNH backs looked a little iffy at times, and if the Beavers can pose the same aerial threat that UVM did - or some of the turn-the-corner speed UNC showed in the early going - it could cause problems.

If UNH can avoid "home cooking" officiating out in Corvallis, I like their chances to shock/surprise ...

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Re: Muir Commitment

Recent prospects w/ UNH ties and All-HE ability heading elsewhere with barely a whisper of Wildcat interest: Rickwood, Wood, Hughes, Muir, Morrow, Pierson...

Others w/ ties: Taylor, Hanley, Flinton...

Other NH Natives: Steeves, Hache, Benoit, DeStefani...

--

Shameful; I'm sure there are also other names I've missed (this is off the top of my head). If UNH simply makes a dent in this list they're back in HE and NCAA contention.
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

• Rumor in Durham ---Scarano is announcing his retirement.

Chuck will be dancing a a jig. :-)
                                UNH

Comment

Working...
                                X