Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Felger View Post

Well played, Felger
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Great win 'Catttsssss! Well deserved!! And welcome back to the line up Mac!!! Big efforts tonight from Eric MacAdams and of course Jackson Pierson. Robinson has a stellar game! Big goal by Devlin stands up for most of the.game. HR is glad to be wrong tonight!
      So glad they were able to pull it out in OT. That last second goal was just a heartbreaker. Pretty good team effort tonight, would have been disappointing not to get the W.
      GO BLUE!

Comment

• It was a great win but not sure how excited we can get. Maybe it’s the turning point who knows. Better energy than last night though there are still many chances in the 1st where someone tried to make an extra pass instead of shooting

Robinson deserved the SO. The extra time added was the difference that allowed enough time to score the goal. The better team for tonight still won but it’s really 1 goal in 2 games.

let’s see if the momentum can stay through next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post

So glad they were able to pull it out in OT. That last second goal was just a heartbreaker. Pretty good team effort tonight, would have been disappointing not to get the W.
          Agree! It was a big job killing off those 7 penalties too...we can't afford that kind of thing obviously game to game. That last second goal was a killer and then, waiting for the offsides call we thought for sure it was going to be disallowed. We'll take the 2 points from the weekend where there could have been none. I'm glad MR had a good game and agree he deserved the shut out. Will be interesting going forward with the goalies; I'll take either!

Have a nice Thanksgiving everyone in hockeyland!
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Nice to see UNH finding a way to earn some points during this stretch. The OT GWG's vs. Providence and UMass give them points where none were the expectation, and 4 out of 6 points even against UVM in retrospect was probably what a realistic expectation should have been. The final four games before the break suddenly look like they're all winnable games including the two HEA contests with underwhelming BU. UNH should do no worse than a split, hopefully better.

Fun Fact: David Fessenden has a better save percentage (.906) right now than former UNH commitment Drew Commesso (.897). Who saw that coming??

Gonna head over to THTBSB again this afternoon to catch some NCAA Tourney Men's Soccer ...
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• One thing I am hopeful about out of last night is that a team with little offensive prowess decided to just jam it to the front of the net and see what happens. When you don’t have the skill, take it any way you can. In this case it did not score them multiple goals but at lest they were not fooling themselves by trying to get cute with the passing.

Comment

• Manchester's Kaden Muir commits to Northeastern

NTDP U18 defenseman is son of Bryan Muir, who played at UNH & had long pro career
                Mark Divver (@MarkDivver) November 21, 2021
                The Souza record:
                15-16 10th place
                16-17 10th place
                17-18 11th place
                18-19 8th place
                19-20 9th place
                20-21 10th place
                21-22 9th place
                22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Attended my first UNH soccer game and visited the UNH football stadium for the first time in over 50 years yesterday afternoon, and got to see in person the $1.2 mil scoreboard (I was always against it :-) ).

As for the soccer game, I was reminded why the embellishment minor is the most important penalty in ice hockey. I was sickened by watching the nearly continuous diving, flopping, shin-grabbing, rolling on the ground as if shot, antics by nearly all players on both sides, which is apparently approved by the fans and referees alike. Five total SOG in the game (I repeat, just 5 SOG, e.cat!). Overall, I thought UVM outplayed UNH and deserved their 1-0 win. But, I could see how UNH still could have easily tied the game with a fluke goal.

Yes, I am happy that Mark Hubbard has developed a successful soccer program at UNH, but thankful that I will not be attending another soccer game. Ugh!
                  All it takes is 1 SOG to win a game Snively65 especially in OT! Just ask Jackson Pierson
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

I hated Neverett on the Sox broadcasts. Sounded just like Jerry Trupiano -- and old guy bumbling through a broadcast.
                    I think it's actually harder to broadcast baseball play-by-play than hockey ... way too much time left over to fill in, when there isn't any action, and if you don't have a gift of gab for storytelling or riffing off the cuff, you can be exposed, as Neverett was. In hockey, so long as you can keep up with the pace of play (harder than it looks, or so I'm told), and have a competent color guy to cover the analysis in the breaks, you can still manage to do a passable job.

We've moved well on from the days of "less is better" on play-by-play (Pat Summerall, Ray Scott, etc.).
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                      One thing I am hopeful about out of last night is that a team with little offensive prowess decided to just jam it to the front of the net and see what happens. When you don’t have the skill, take it any way you can. In this case it did not score them multiple goals but at lest they were not fooling themselves by trying to get cute with the passing.
                      Like I told you I thought that was the best goal of the season...not that we have so many to compare it to, but, to your point! Re-watched and re-watched the OT goal...wow, sooo close for the offsides...we slowed it down and you see MacAdams trying desperately to slow up. THAT...was a great play and goal as well!

Good luck soccer 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                        Manchester's Kaden Muir commits to Northeastern

As they say in the Peanuts comics, 'Rats'.

Comment

• 'Quietly becoming a soccer school' says the espn+ announcer. Looks like a beauty of a day in Durham be sure to report back Chuck! I'm not a big soccer fan but appreciate the skill. NC has a rich soccer history apparently with a couple of NC's (as does their field hockey team...not to mention, basketball) Go 'Cats!

Ps...wow, if hockey players rolled all over the ice all the time when they get tackled...ha!
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-21-2021, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Bridger Hansen making a bid for ESPN Top 10 Plays!! 1-0
                            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                              Bridger Hansen making a bid for ESPN Top 10 Plays!! 1-0
                              Oh my! Most definitely! I don't think anyone was expecting that!! Go 'Cats! Nice second goal as well...

Comment

• 3-1 baby! Goooo Soccer 'Cats! 4-1 at the half. yeah, I'd agree with the announcer that the AE loss fired them up....
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-21-2021, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X