Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
    We have virtually no offense.
    This^

Devlin had one decent chance late in the 3rd but outside of that, there was nothing. Special teams are very weak too. The PP late was a bunch of passing around to settle for a one timer from the circle. Works for the Bruins with Pasta, but that's never going to be a good strategy with this squad. Nothing in front of the net, just these low percentage opportunities.

Comment

• Originally posted by teez View Post

This^

Devlin had one decent chance late in the 3rd but outside of that, there was nothing. Special teams are very weak too. The PP late was a bunch of passing around to settle for a one timer from the circle. Works for the Bruins with Pasta, but that's never going to be a good strategy with this squad. Nothing in front of the net, just these low percentage opportunities.
      Exactly. To think that our defensive play and Fessenden kept this a 1-0 game for 58 minutes and we can’t muster any real chances is just super frustrating.
      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Watched most of last night's tilt. We have virtually no offense. UMass has the best HEA announcers.
        They were really good announcers. Watching on my NESN app down here, I didn’t know if they were NESN or UMass. I should probably pay closer attention.

Comment

Watched most of last night's tilt. We have virtually no offense. UMass has the best HEA announcers.
          Agreed.

Better than either team on the ice last night.

Good lord, to think that UMass passes as the best team in Hockey East speaks to how far the league has fallen.
          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Maybe they are - I only caught part of the game -- but at the end they lauded the victory over the "always good" UNH team.
            The Souza record:
            15-16 10th place
            16-17 10th place
            17-18 11th place
            18-19 8th place
            19-20 9th place
            20-21 10th place
            21-22 9th place
            22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by teez View Post

This^

Liam Devlin, of 22 prep goals in 3 years, 29 USHL points over two seasons? That he is on the top 2 lines is telling. Connor Sweeney? 16 prep goals in 2 years, 3 goals in two years of junior hockey. Where is Cafarelli? (40 points in 42 BCHL games, 6 in 14 games last year)
              The one-timer was effective with the pass quick enough to beat the goalie sliding over. A leisurely rotation for the shot while the goalie has plenty of time to get over there is just wasted.
              The Souza record:
              15-16 10th place
              16-17 10th place
              17-18 11th place
              18-19 8th place
              19-20 9th place
              20-21 10th place
              21-22 9th place
              22-23 10th place

Comment

• Former Redsox radio announcer Tim Neverett, does the play by play. He currently works for the LA Dodgers. Top level pro talent. I recall he lives in western MA. Color commentary was USCHO's own Jim Connelly who lives college hockey every day. Perfect color guy. Neverett was born in Nashua. He took pity on us and the current state of the team more than once with comments like the "always good" UNH team.
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

Liam Devlin, of 22 prep goals in 3 years, 29 USHL points over two seasons? That he is on the top 2 lines is telling. Connor Sweeney? 16 prep goals in 2 years, 3 goals in two years of junior hockey. Where is Cafarelli? (40 points in 42 BCHL games, 6 in 14 games last year)
                  The one-timer was effective with the pass quick enough to beat the goalie sliding over. A leisurely rotation for the shot while the goalie has plenty of time to get over there is just wasted.
                  Plus UMA was SO ready for it. Almost like they had seen it on video or something.

I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Agree on the game calling, made it a bit easier. Tough one to watch! I see in the box score that they somehow turned the FOW into a 21/20 win. They still look for that last pass rather than shooting when they finally break through. Often with a trailer or two for the potential rebound. Oh well off to Durham. Go Cats!

Comment

Former Redsox radio announcer Tim Neverett, does the play by play. He currently works for the LA Dodgers. Top level pro talent. I recall he lives in western MA. Color commentary was USCHO's own Jim Connelly who lives college hockey every day. Perfect color guy. Neverett was born in Nashua. He took pity on us and the current state of the team more than once with comments like the "always good" UNH team.
                      I hated Neverett on the Sox broadcasts. Sounded just like Jerry Trupiano -- and old guy bumbling through a broadcast.
                      The Souza record:
                      15-16 10th place
                      16-17 10th place
                      17-18 11th place
                      18-19 8th place
                      19-20 9th place
                      20-21 10th place
                      21-22 9th place
                      22-23 10th place

Comment

• Do you need to be a paying subscriber (I think it’s $10/month) to watch the games on CollegeSportsLive.com? Or are they all free?

Comment

• Great great win. Incredible (and ironic and sad) that Morrow tied it with a second left but thank god we finished it, even if in OT. Proud of the guys.

Comment

• By the way, I’m pretty sure Tim Neverett (who graduated from Nashua well before I graduated from BG) is substantially younger than most of our posters, from what I gather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Until DF plays a couple of really bad back-to-back games, or gets hurt, MR should not see any more time in net this season. MR is 73rd in SV% (0.860; fourth worst in Div 1), and 57th in GAA (3.24 gpg). That is what I meant by my “hmmmm” in previous post. Moreover, MR had two of “our” top four blue liners for all of his games that DF has not had of late, otherwise same skaters in front of both of them.
                              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Great win 'Catttsssss! Well deserved!! And welcome back to the line up Mac!!! Big efforts tonight from Eric MacAdams and of course Jackson Pierson. Robinson has a stellar game! Big goal by Devlin stands up for most of the.game. HR is glad to be wrong tonight!
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-20-2021, 09:07 PM.
                                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Working...
                                X