Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
    I am confident they will take your dough.
    They always do! My two kids, husband are UNH grads. I am a lowly PSC grad with 2 degrees I'm afraid. ha! We always give to the 603 challenge not only to hockey, but to field hockey/lax.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
      I would assume they are endowed positions, meaning that an alum (Ziff, in this case), ponied up enough that allows Harvard to draw on the investment returns to fund all or part of the salary. Happens a lot with endowed academic department heads and professors.

To fund a $200K salary, you could safely assume that someone has to donate ~$5M or so to ensure perpetual funding of the role.
      ... and here we were, debating the pros and cons of funding for the scoreboard at THTBSB, while the pros in the Ivy League show everyone else how it's really done. Let's Go Brandon. :-)

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

They always do! My two kids, husband are UNH grads. I am a lowly PSC grad with 2 degrees I'm afraid. ha! We always give to the 603 challenge not only to hockey, but to field hockey/lax.
        Ref, I will tell you for certain that both the Foundation as well as the Athletics Board are very appreciative. You’re a good egg.
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

... and here we were, debating the pros and cons of funding for the scoreboard at THTBSB, while the pros in the Ivy League show everyone else how it's really done. Let's Go Brandon. :-)
          Well, they have a $53 BILLION endowment. We have a $300 MILLION endowment. Just a few orders of magnitude difference! :-)

to give some perspective, the 25th largest endowment at a PUBLIC university is a mere $1.5-1.6B.

Comment

That's right Chuck....insult those of us who do not find your comments funny. You'd think you'd have.some respect for those of us who come here to post about UNH hockey. No wonder some don't come here anymore. Go ahead call me a snowflake.

I was no Trump supporter and made no bones about that but I did not post crap to continue rubbg people's noses in it.. And Lord knows I could have.

Soooo done with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              That's right Chuck....insult those of us who do not find your comments funny. You'd think you'd have.some respect for those of us who come here to post about UNH hockey. No wonder some don't come here anymore. Go ahead call me a snowflake.

I was no Trump supporter and made no bones about that but I did not post crap to continue rubbg people's noses in it.. And Lord knows I could have.

Soooo done with it.
              Ref I think you over-reacted on this one, unless you feel especially close to "Brandon"? 'dc seemed to get the overall gist, but if you are sore about it, I apologize. I've posted one LGB so far, and another poster on here (one we all like and respect BTW) had an ETTD in his signature for months, but we all lived through that one, so I suspect you'll live through a random LGB. ;-)
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• No. She did not.

Go 'cats!
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Fessenden is keeping them in the game. If only they could get one...

They've had a lot more life in the 3rd after a total of 1 SOG in the 2nd.
                  Last edited by teez; 11-19-2021, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• I can assure everybody that my post had to do with endowments and endowments only. As a fiercely independent thinker and voter who has spent 30 years living smack downtown in a hyper-polarized he\_\_hole, the LAST thing I want to do is get in the middle of this morass.

Comment

• Thank goodness for the 7 goals in the two Union games, or we'd be at 12 goals in 10 games. Yes, some of the parts have no track record of scoring, but it is remarkable how underperforming the other scoring parts have been.
                      The Souza record:
                      15-16 10th place
                      16-17 10th place
                      17-18 11th place
                      18-19 8th place
                      19-20 9th place
                      20-21 10th place
                      21-22 9th place
                      22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                        Thank goodness for the 7 goals in the two Union games, or we'd be at 12 goals in 10 games. Yes, some of the parts have no track record of scoring, but it is remarkable how underperforming the other scoring parts have been.
                        UMass announcer nailed it; something to the tune of 'UNH does a nice job defending but once in their attack zone they struggle to do anything productive with it". We had some chances but when you have 1 SOG or something like that in a period how do you expect to score? Make Alex Gagne a forward. Make Huard a forward. I dunno. Hands in the air. As per UMass being 'depleted' I'd say they did just fine with Del Gaizo, Bobby T, and Matt Murray in goal. That said, it's a 2-0 game til the ENG.

We can thank Fessenden for keeping the score down. I did feel encouraged by some of our chances, but unless you get more grade A's....

Comment

Ref I think you over-reacted on this one, unless you feel especially close to "Brandon"? 'dc seemed to get the overall gist, but if you are sore about it, I apologize. I've posted one LGB so far, and another poster on here (one we all like and respect BTW) had an ETTD in his signature for months, but we all lived through that one, so I suspect you'll live through a random LGB. ;-)
                          Last time for the cheap seats in the back, then, I am not going to reply ever again to anything you post that has political over tones in it. I don't care what 'Watcher has in his sig line; in fact, I never noticed it to be honest, and I had to even look up what ETTD means, which is surprising since I think I'm some what 'caught up' with the lingo, being the bleeding heart lib that I am. Your use of LGB? Just one more dig in your posts. Which really, I don't know why I even CARE expect for the fact, you 'fixed my post'...your posts end often times with some kind of thing about the "old fossil in the white house". And like I said, free country. But those rules are only reserved for you Chuck, and, I personally do NOT want to post politically on this board. I'm here for the hockey and gee, do I dare say, to build some friendships here and there.

I'll be honest, I really didn't pay much attention to your comments regarding endowments etc, and wildcatdc, you are not in any 'morass' at least, not with me. I'll admit I was hyper sensitive around the LGB because, I think it's pretty childish anyway. Sorry, but at least around my neck of the woods, I do not recall seeing any FTrump flags on the back of trucks, or, houses with all kinds of anti Biden stuff on their lawns, or, on signs at area businesses. Not that there isn't / wasn't plenty of anti trump stuff going around, mind you. Damn, can't people just get along...

If you like it so much, make it part of your sig line. I'd like to apologize to fellow posters for acting like I'm trying to dictate what people post. Won't happen again!

Comment

... and here we were, debating the pros and cons of funding for the scoreboard at THTBSB, while the pros in the Ivy League show everyone else how it's really done. Thank you Brandon. :-)
                            Fixed your post (smiley face AND a wink)

Comment

• From the Maine thread:
                              Originally posted by AMC View Post
                              If you guys would stop quoting Chuck, some of us wouldn't have to even know he was posting here.

Comment

• Watched most of last night's tilt. We have virtually no offense. UMass has the best HEA announcers.

Comment

Working...
                                X