Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish sticks its encore. :-)

Comment

• Points are points...broke our PP drought. Nice penalty shot thanks goodness. Thought Fessenden was decent. But overall yucky UNH v UVM game. Need more offense.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Points are points...broke our PP drought. Nice penalty shot thanks goodness. Thought Fessenden was decent. But overall yucky UNH v UVM game. Need more offense.
        It was a fun game to watch on TV for me, although I ageee neither team can score goals, and not because the goalies are any good. Three OT games in HEA last night, with little goal scoring in all but one, with Maine getting their first win. Had Merrimack won that game, I would have suggested that the Sons of Scotty Borek were well on their way to separating themselves from the three struggling northern New England state schools. Instead, just maybe there is a slight chance for “us” (UNH) to climb up to eighth place this season and face the #1 for a chance to revisit the Garden for the first time in ___ years (quiz question)?
        Last edited by Snively65; 11-13-2021, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

It was a fun game to watch on TV for me, although I ageee neither team can score goals, and not because the goalies are any good. Three OT games in HEA last night, with little goal scoring in all but one, with Maine getting their first win. Had Merrimack won that game, I would have suggested that the Sons of Scotty Borek were well on their way to separating themselves from the three struggling northern New England state schools. Instead, just maybe there is a slight chance for “us” (UNH) to climb up to eighth place this season and face the #1 for a chance to revisit the Garden for the first time in ___ years (quiz question)?
          The last time the 'Cats were at the Garden was in 2015 v BU. We got there by defeating PC in OT on a goal by Jay Camper. And the rest is history for PC after that as we well know. That would be an amazing feat to get there. Yeah I mean last night's game seemed like alot of other games between these two teams. Too bad Will Margel's goal didn't count it was a nice one. I'm thinking it gets a bit chippy tonight and I'd like to see us take fewer penalties and shoot the puck please! I'd like to think we can win but still thinking a 2-2 tie-Robinson in net? Go 'Cats!
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-13-2021, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Okay - I've seen it and still have no idea? What was the controversy? That shot was ripped! I'm more confused about the call that drew the corner, can you explain? Seemed like innocuous defense and a soft call with two seconds left? And what is the referee implying when he rubs his arm to explain the call? Thanks.
            Don't understand any of it either, what is this "wrong side of the stick" infraction, 'Ref?

The "arm rub" thing was the ref's signal to "hurry up, my bus ride outta town is leaving shortly" ...

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Points are points...broke our PP drought. Nice penalty shot thanks goodness. Thought Fessenden was decent. But overall yucky UNH v UVM game. Need more offense.
              This sums it up nicely, agree 100%. Plus, your picks continue to be right on the money.

The folks over at Encore Boston have asked me to see if you're amenable to helping them out?

Comment

The last time the 'Cats were at the Garden was in 2015 v BU. We got there by defeating PC in OT on a goal by Jay Camper. And the rest is history for PC after that as we well know. That would be an amazing feat to get there. Yeah I mean last night's game seemed like alot of other games between these two teams. Too bad Will Margel's goal didn't count it was a nice one. I'm thinking it gets a bit chippy tonight and I'd like to see us take fewer penalties and shoot the puck please! I'd like to think we can win but still thinking a 2-2 tie-Robinson in net? Go 'Cats!
                Yup, my second to last time at the Garden. I was back there about a month later for the FF where BU had run the post-season table only to get beaten by PC 4-3 for the NC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Don't understand any of it either, what is this "wrong side of the stick" infraction, 'Ref?

The "arm rub" thing was the ref's signal to "hurry up, my bus ride outta town is leaving shortly" ...
                  Field hockey is a highly nuanced sport particulqrly with its rules..you can only play the ball with one side of the stick. The arm rub is the signal for that infraction...I know that official was getting an earful from the sideline so I bet he was glad to sign the score sheet and leave lol. Been there myself haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Yup, my second to last time at the Garden. I was back there about a month later for the FF where BU had run the post-season table only to get beaten by PC 4-3 for the NC.
                    Yep what a game and a bad miscalculated goalie snafu with Matt OConnor dropping that puck. Can still see the horrified BU fans faces...I mean stuff happens....

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

P.S. - just in case you ARE Blue Skies ... yes, it's your program, you get to use "us" ...
                      Darius is neither Blue Skies nor is he MS7. ;-) ;-)
                      UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post

Darius is neither Blue Skies nor is he MS7. ;-) ;-)
                        I know right?? Where on earth would anyone even begin to think that?!? Anyhoo...Getting some shots on but so are ttjey...Come on 'Cattssss!!!

Comment

I know right?? Where on earth would anyone even begin to think that?!?
                          I dunno ... Darius was just playing along, but he didn't deny it either. ;-)

UNH and UVM tied up 3-3 after two periods in a "shootout" as one of the announcers called it ...

Comment

• UVM *wins in the shootout. Fessenden starts both games this weekend. Improved special teams play by UNH, but they couldn't eke out a deserved 3rd period winner despite dominating the final 25 minutes of open play. Have to admit, UNH looked to be the far better coached team out there tonight, and deserved better, but if you can't score, you can't win.

Now the Connecticut River Valley Border War culminates on the soccer pitch tomorrow afternoon ...

Comment

• They deserved 3 points tonight. But as you said, you have to score to win. It was refreshing to see some offense and watch UNH move the puck with purpose and create a bunch of scoring chances. Pierson and Cronin were oh so close in OT. Hate to see the points left on the table but I'm going to focus on the positives and hope they build some momentum going into a tough series next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by teez View Post
                                They deserved 3 points tonight. But as you said, you have to score to win. It was refreshing to see some offense and watch UNH move the puck with purpose and create a bunch of scoring chances. Pierson and Cronin were oh so close in OT. Hate to see the points left on the table but I'm going to focus on the positives and hope they build some momentum going into a tough series next weekend.
                                Agree! I feel good with the game effort tonight wish we had buried them in the third. Still liked alot of what I saw hope we carry it to next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X