Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by teez View Post
    Big game tonight in Durham tonight for the AE Championship. I would love to get to a game but it's a bit too far of a drive for me. Has anyone been? How's the atmosphere?

There is a lot of (deserved) negativity towards UNH hockey, but it's been wonderful to watch the meteoric rise of UNH Soccer under Marc Hubbard. What a stud.
    I'm thinking of wandering over there tonight, if I can clear a couple of other things off my agenda.

I've seen both sides of the program play at home, but never at The House That Blue Skies Built ...
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• MIAMI WINS! The RedHawks comes from 2-0 down to win 3-2 in OT, despite starting the extra-time down two players, and send the Black Bears packing! #Love&Honor (that's pretty much a 3-0 win, after flipping the switch!)
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        You should go out and watch!
        I wish I could have been there, beautiful fall day in Oxford...

https://***********/MiamiOH_FH/statu...900106763?s=20
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          MIAMI WINS! The RedHawks comes from 2-0 down to win 3-2 in OT, despite starting the extra-time down two players, and send the Black Bears packing! #Love&Honor (that's pretty much a 3-0 win, after flipping the switch!)
          Was quite a game...not easy to do in FH coming back from 2 down players and score to win it! D1 is a different animal. Look up some North Carolina FH if you wanna really see how it's done (and teams like Michigan, Louisville). Kudos to Maine and good luck to your Red Hawks going forward. Go Men's Socccerrrrr!

ps in D3 FH action in Bowdoin it's Bowdoin 6 Eastern Ct 0 at the half...that...is a beat down. Final FWIW: Bowdoin 9 EC 0 (those are awful to offciate)
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-11-2021, 06:35 AM.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Watched alot of the soccer very impressed. Wishing them well going forward!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

MIAMI WINS! The RedHawks comes from 2-0 down to win 3-2 in OT, despite starting the extra-time down two players, and send the Black Bears packing! #Love&Honor (that's pretty much a 3-0 win, after flipping the switch!)
              Huh?

You're exulting over the Maine women having to bus it to Ohio at the crack of dawn to play a lower seeded team?

Wow. Maybe you should review the AE standings before you grow so tumescent via the schadenfreude, you dope.

EDIT: Damn, my bad, fell for another iteration of Fat Chuckie... But the "dope" remark still holds water.
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-10-2021, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Huh?

You're exulting over the Maine women having to bus it to Ohio at the crack of dawn to play a lower seeded team?

Wow. Maybe you should review the AE standings before you grow so tumescent via the schadenfreude, you dope.
                Dan is an alum of Miami, you dope. Let him bask in the afterglow of his alma mater's big FH win.

In other non-hockey news here on UniUSCHO, the UNH Men's Soccer team advanced to the AE Tourney Finals tonight with a dominant 4-0 win over UMBC (and FWIW my UMaine-iac friends, UMBC's goalie looks like he's been in heavy Krispy Kreme training with Coach Fortier). In scoring four (4) goals tonight, Coach Hubbard's 'Cats matched the combined output of MS7's charges over the last three games (plus an OT). #7 ranked UNH (16-0-2, and one of only two undefeated teams left in D-1) will face UVM in the "other" version of the "Border Battle" on Sunday for the conference hardware. Looks like about 2,500 folks braved the chill of a November evening in Durham, and hopefully twice that many will come to see the game Sunday!!

It'll be interesting to see where UNH gets seeded for the national tourney. Been awhile since we could say that with a straight face on here about the, y'know, Men's Hockey team ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Huh?

You're exulting over the Maine women having to bus it to Ohio at the crack of dawn to play a lower seeded* team?

Lol, happy for the alma mater alone - but this ^ definitely warms the heart just a bit more...

* lower ranked, not lower seeded. I'd imagine the committee reviewed the two schedules and (rightly) came to the conclusion that removing the variable of Miami's vastly more difficult schedule yielded the RedHawks more deserving. And they were correct, considering once Miami found their footing Maine was outclassed.
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

• Our puck-chasing cats could learn something from our ball-chasing cats; wonder if any of the former were in the stands watching the latter on Thursday evening?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Our puck-chasing cats could learn something from our ball-chasing cats; wonder if any of the former were in the stands watching the latter on Thursday evening?
                      Wouldn't be surprised if several were there to watch, it IS part of the overall college experience.

Not sure if their coaches would have attended, given as Hubbard is undercutting their excuses ...

Comment

• Soccer is boring because it's too low scoring.
                        The Souza record:
                        15-16 10th place
                        16-17 10th place
                        17-18 11th place
                        18-19 8th place
                        19-20 9th place
                        20-21 10th place
                        21-22 9th place
                        22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                          Soccer is boring because it's too low scoring.
                          Hopefully stated with a huge invisible "winky" emoji to mark the irony of ...

* UNH Men's Soccer - 43 goals in 18 games (just under 2.40 GPG; 2.90 GPG in last 12 games)
                          * UNH Men's Hockey - 14 goals in 9 games (just over 1.55 GPG; 1.00 GPG excluding Union)

UVM accounts for one of UNH's two draws (1-1, also Yale), so Sunday's game should be a good one.

Wonder if the UVM Hockey guys will hang around until Sunday to see their cohorts' big game?

Comment

• While watching Warren Foegele on NESN tonight, I got to thinking “Why cannot we get skaters like that at UNH?”

Oh ………. Wait ……….

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              While watching Warren Foegele on NESN tonight, I got to thinking “Why cannot we get skaters like that at UNH?”

Oh ………. Wait ……….
                              Can you imagine what ran through his mind when, after a decent Frosh season, WF found himself languishing on the 4th line behind the MacDonald/Smith/Gaudreault "senior first checking line" juggernaut?!? Something like, "Hey, you hosers, I'm outta here, eh!!"

Before I get too snippy with the former coach and his staff, I'd totally forgotten that Brett Pesce spent all of seven (7) games in the AHL between the time he left Durham and walked into the Carolina blueline the next season. That's development we don't see any more - not too many 3rd round picks spend three years in D-1, and make the quick adjustment to The Show.

Pesce turns 27 next week. That went quickly ...

Comment

Lol, happy for the alma mater alone - but this ^ definitely warms the heart just a bit more...

* lower ranked, not lower seeded. I'd imagine the committee reviewed the two schedules and (rightly) came to the conclusion that removing the variable of Miami's vastly more difficult schedule yielded the RedHawks more deserving. And they were correct, considering once Miami found their footing Maine was outclassed.
                                A. Miami is your alma mater? So you must have earned your PhD at UNH? Sure!

B. Miami was indeed the lower seed, Einstein. Maine was sent there for the sake of saving a few bucks in travel costs for the NCAA. It's as simple as that.

C. Maine out-shot Miami 4-1 in the OT. Not sure what "footing" you reference. And Maine out-shot Miami for the GAME, even after having to bus-it >18 hours, to face a lower seed on its home field.

Go pound sand. You have absolutely no idea of what you propound to "explain".
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-11-2021, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X