Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Kohei Sato ain’t walking through that door.
    hahaha awesome....
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
      Example of USCHO going all passive-aggressive on its readers ... point out when the incident happened, but offer no details or insight on it in their very brief news item. I guess unless you have the patience to (1) view the online game video, (2) hope the incident is within the frame AND (3) of the proper resolution so you can actually see what happens, then you're SOL as far as getting details on exactly why your team's most promising frosh will be missing the next game.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Speaking of UNH blue line woes, Brett Pesce got a goal in 2-1 win over Coyotes on Sunday. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Example of USCHO going all passive-aggressive on its readers ... point out when the incident happened, but offer no details or insight on it in their very brief news item. I guess unless you have the patience to (1) view the online game video, (2) hope the incident is within the frame AND (3) of the proper resolution so you can actually see what happens, then you're SOL as far as getting details on exactly why your team's most promising frosh will be missing the next game.
          A friend who sits in 101 said Cronin definitely crossed checked a guy and it went uncalled...so am assuming (?) PC complained and that led to the suspension. Not sure why they didn't look at it in game as they always seem to...sigh.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Basically all USCHO did was reprint the press release from the league office, which I guess is now in Amesbury?
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
              Basically all USCHO did was reprint the press release from the league office, which I guess is now in Amesbury?
              It is roughly halfway between Durham NH and North Andover MA, where Nigel's missus works.

I guess the countless Quannapowitt jokes of yore will be no more ... :-(

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post

Some neighborhood, woof...
                https://www.google.com/maps/place/11...ury,+MA+01913/

Previous digs were the Lakeside Office Park in Wakefield
                https://www.google.com/maps/@42.5146...7i13312!8i6656
                Last edited by ClOuD 9; 11-02-2021, 09:27 PM.
                "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Saturday night: Northeastern @ UNH
                  Prediction: Northeastern 4 UNH 2

Over/under: 5.5 goals

Attendance: 2,700

Comment

Saturday night: Northeastern @ UNH
                    Prediction: Northeastern 4 UNH 2

Over/under: 5.5 goals

Attendance: 2,700
                    Um, think we are home Friday night v NU, away Sat. night. But prob true prediction. Here's some news from today's presser as posted by a TNH reporter:

Updates from Head Coach Mike Souza, defenseman Will MacKinnon is expected to be out until at least the break in December and defenseman Ryan Verrier will be out for at least a month. No starter has been announced in goal for Friday

Only prediction I can make I guess is that there will be split duties between the two goalies. But I'm thinking Fessenden gets the call for Friday. Regardless of what people think about our d strength, having these two players out make it tough. Yes, I know they aren't lights out with scoring etc but they do have experience and leadership against a tough team like NU and that has to for count for something...Go 'Cats!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Um, think we are home Friday night v NU, away Sat. night. But prob true prediction. Here's some news from today's presser as posted by a TNH reporter:

Updates from Head Coach Mike Souza, defenseman Will MacKinnon is expected to be out until at least the break in December and defenseman Ryan Verrier will be out for at least a month. No starter has been announced in goal for Friday

Only prediction I can make I guess is that there will be split duties between the two goalies. But I'm thinking Fessenden gets the call for Friday. Regardless of what people think about our d strength, having these two players out make it tough. Yes, I know they aren't lights out with scoring etc but they do have experience and leadership against a tough team like NU and that has to for count for something...Go 'Cats!
                      A couple pages back there was lobbying for Eriksson to play forward in an attempt to increase our 1.71 GPG production.

I was serious about Kohei Sato playing D, as I watched him fill in quite well on the blue line in a 3-2 win at Dartmouth in December 2018. Drew Hickey was the additional (19th) skater in that game and did not see as much time on the blue line as Sato in that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

A couple pages back there was lobbying for Eriksson to play forward in an attempt to increase our 1.71 GPG production.

I was serious about Kohei Sato playing D, as I watched him fill in quite well on the blue line in a 3-2 win at Dartmouth in December 2018. Drew Hickey was the additional (19th) skater in that game and did not see as much time on the blue line as Sato in that game.
                        Now that I think about it that's true; he did play D. Wonder what creative ideas we could have for this scenario though there are enough D? Also remember when Richie Boyd would play forward...he had a great goal at MC. Going to take a big team effort to be sure. But, like you say, Kohei isn't walking through that door!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• UNH fans swooning over the loss of a spare parts utility type player who left for Bentley *sigh*

Further evidence of just how far back this program has fallen, along with expectations ...

Comment

UNH fans swooning over the loss of a spare parts utility type player who left for Bentley *sigh*

Further evidence of just how far back this program has fallen, along with expectations ...
                            Given the situation, it's all we got...ha! And I'd hardly call it swooning....
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Given the situation, it's all we got...ha! And I'd hardly call it swooning....
                              Swooning maybe about right.

1a, partial or total loss of consciousness
                              1b, state of bewilderment or ecstasy, daze, or rapture
                              2, state of suspended animation, torpor

So, which sophomore this season will fill the role of Kohei Sato who stepped back to the blue line for a few games during his 2018/19 sophomore season? Sato had 1 goal + 1 assist for 2 total points in each of his first two seasons. So, we need to be looking at a sophomore skater with a similar scoring aptitude. How about Nick Cafarelli?

Comment

There are lots of places to look for evidence for how far the program has fallen, but here are a few;

1) The small number and frequency of posters on this UNH thread vs 5 years ago (let alone 10 or 15).
                                2) The average age of said posters (deduced, not officially known), where is the NEXT generation of UNH superfans (and ticket buyers)?
                                3) Very few opposing team posters even bother coming on this thread to talk trash or hype up a game. The ones that do generally ask about places to eat in Durham, or where a UNH fan can eat or park if they are finished raking leaves and have absolutely nothing better to do some night.

Comment

Working...
                                X