Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Totally agree and hope he (Fessenden) gets the start on Friday I think he's earned it. Wow...that many shots eh? No mind, that stat is meaningless, don'tcha know? lol Let's see if we can keep up the compete level against the Hounds...woof! (We're going to need it....)
    Fessenden's stats during last season at Huntsville: 16 games, 2 penalty minutes, 897 minutes in net, 44 ga, 2.94 gaa, 3-11-1 record, 445 saves, 0.910 save%; not too shoddy goalkeeping for a team that was 3-18-1 and now has been disbanded, yet again.

Comment

Just hope we are not down 2 dmen for next weekend....MacKinnon not in the lineup last night and Verrier sustained some type of hand injury it looked like...Listened to the short clips of the post game provided by CHC on his blog from last night; esp. great to hear that David Fessenden has found a home at UNH...

UNH Postgame Presser Clips
      Took one off the hand blocking a shot.
      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Not to take anything away from beating the eighth best team in the country, but there were times in the far away past when our team would not be lauded for allowing 57 SOG in a regulation game. :-)

David Fessenden should be HEA player of the week.
        What are you talking about, Snives?!? Providence had 32 SOG's last night, not 57.

Or is this just another one of your subtle jabs that's gone whizzing over my head?

TODAY'S QUIZ: Where is Grant MacEwan University, and who is that goalie in the plain white mask?

MacEwan (macewangriffins.ca)
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

What are you talking about, Snives?!? Providence had 32 SOG's last night, not 57.

Or is this just another one of your subtle jabs that's gone whizzing over my head?

TODAY'S QUIZ: Where is Grant MacEwan University, and who is that goalie in the plain white mask?

Ty Taylor...Alberta, CA....
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Hooterville, Alberta.

There was obviously alot of interest in the vaunted portal.

TRIVIA QUIZ PART TWO: What makes Taylor unique to the GMU program?
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Yeah so I checked SOG and you’re right Chuck. Snives has got the SOG wrong. But God bless him. SOG is still a relevant topic at least in his dark ghoulish reaches.
              Last edited by e.cat; 11-01-2021, 03:52 PM.
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Yikes! I got some bad intel on SOG against Fessenden last night; there were only 56 SOG total for both teams combined. Like the yellow cake uranium powder in Niger and WMD that triggered the Iraq War in 2003.
                Last edited by Snively65; 10-31-2021, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post

Hooterville, Alberta.

There was obviously alot of interest in the vaunted portal.

TRIVIA QUIZ PART TWO: What makes Taylor unique to the GMU program?
                  He's their only player who was once an NHL draft pick (7th round TBL in 2018) maybe?

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

He's their only player who was once an NHL draft pick (7th round TBL in 2018) maybe?
                    Chuck you are correct. Not only is he the only current player on the team who is an NHL draft pick, he is the first player in the history of that storied program to have been drafted.
                    Last edited by Felger; 11-01-2021, 12:05 PM.
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Per my sources MacKinnon has a seperated shoulder and will miss 3-4 weeks. Verrier broke a bone (in a sling after) and will be TBD if surgery is needed
                      Last edited by norbert; 11-01-2021, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post
                        Per my sources MacKinnon has a seperated shoulder and will miss 3-4 weeks. Verrier broke a bone (in a sling after) and will be TBD if surgery is needed
                        Thanks for the update...ugh 2 dmen out. Not what we need right now! Welp, time to step up newbies! Gives Huard a good weekend test/trial by fire. Will we see Drew Hickey in that lineup?
                        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Thanks for the update...ugh 2 dmen out. Not what we need right now! Welp, time to step up newbies! Gives Huard a good weekend test/trial by fire. Will we see Drew Hickey in that lineup?
                          And in the last 5 games they are averaging a whopping 1.0 goals per game. Have to get awfully good defense to win with those sort of offensive numbers. I remember fondly when UNH used to field a team that could actually put the puck in the net.

But hey, the soccer team is winning, so I guess that’s all it takes for the AD to keep his job.

Comment

• Cronin suspended for Friday
                            https://www.uscho.com/2021/11/01/hoc...vs-providence/
                            Last edited by Nifty16; 11-01-2021, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                              So in a span of two weeks, we've had one player ejected from a game and now one suspended for a game.....guess we can ditch that decades-old "SMT" designation for this team.

UNH

Comment

Kohei Sato ain’t walking through that door.

Comment

Working...
                                X