Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
    Looks like another Social Distancing Special in the stands tonight.....
    Same thing at #8, 6-2 Providence College’s Schneider Arena last night - claimed ~2500 was probably more likely 1000. Sad to watch the broad drop in D1 hockey attendance over the past decade. I’ve spent the better part of the last 12 years living part-time in MSP and watching Mariucci STH counts drop by 50% (7800 to 3900 since 2011) and attendance steadily drop while no shows climbed.

while the product in Durham is definitely a contributor, methinks we are seeing a bit of an endemic issue. I hate watching it happen.
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Glad Herman Munster is keeping us in this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Is it just me, or does the live feed still show there being 12:39 left in the second period?

I guess it's not just the team that's not able to do their jobs properly ...
        At least they've got the game in the 3rd period now, and now time left is finally posted, too.

Never, ever believe that folks don't pay attention to what's posted at USCHO. :-)
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• There we go, JP!!!

Comment

• Nice work by Fessenden tonight.

Comment

• The Fessenden kid had better get the next start(s) in goal.

Jon - you were right, PC found a way to drop points this weekend. Handed it on a plate to one of the few UNH players with the skill to finish that chance, well done Pierson.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

Without any knowledge, but I thought there was the suggestion that Marty's hands might have been tied by the lifetime contract to Umile. Umile forced this on Marty by refusing to retire unless there was a succession plan for his hand-picked replacement. (And even then, forced the three year transition to give him a chance at 600 wins.)

I can only hope the next coach has no UNH ties whatsoever, even if Kevin Dean or Boguniecki says they will work for free.
                Essentially correct on all counts. Doesn’t make it right, but gives some context to the position we are in.

Comment

• Nice job 'Cats! Excellent compete level. Happy for JP and David F in net. Much needed W. I also liked the Frosh Cronin amdDevlin. Hats off to Ryan V who pushed through despite the apparent injury to his wrist. Gota well deserved applause when he came out. First win over PC at the Whitt someone said in 4 seasons ...we'll take it.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• If you had told me prior to the (pick an early aughts year, I’ll pick 2004) season that 7 games into that season we’d be 3-4, 1-2 in HEA, with a win over HEA’s top team (#8 nationally), I’d have said:

1. This is a disaster.
                    2. How is HEA’s top team only #8 nationally?
                    3. How could we beat the #1 team when we ARE the #1 team?

However, this year, amidst the gauzy multi-year trend of low expectations, I have to say that it feels like “we are who we thought we were”. Like ‘Watcher, I want to reserve judgment and see where this goes. I don’t harbor high hopes, but I’m willing to see if there are any signs that point to a bounce off the bottom. It was a pretty complete game tonight, albeit against a team that seemed partially comatose. Fessenden kept us in it while not exactly looking like a world-beater. Not sure how sustainable that is, but let’s move on to the next one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                      Serious question: where would the top 5 - 10 NHIAA players project as recruits on this team? Not at all? Mostly not dressed for four years? Third/fourth line as a JR/SR?
                      Pretty sure Ryan Philbrick is top of the heap (NH POY as a junior last year at Concord), and even his coach doesn’t know if he’s going to ever play D1. More likely going prep for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Nice job 'Cats! Excellent compete level. Happy for JP and David F in net. Much needed W. I also liked the Frosh Cronin amdDevlin. Hats off to Ryan V who pushed through despite the apparent injury to his wrist. Gota well deserved applause when he came out. First win over PC at the Whitt someone said in 4 seasons ...we'll take it.
                        Not to take anything away from beating the eighth best team in the country, but there were times in the far away past when our team would not be lauded for allowing 57 SOG in a regulation game. :-)

David Fessenden should be HEA player of the week.

Comment

• Gutsy win for the Cats. PC turned it over to the wrong guy at the right time!
                          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Not to take anything away from beating the eighth best team in the country, but there were times in the far away past when our team would not be lauded for allowing 57 SOG in a regulation game. :-)

David Fessenden should be HEA player of the week.
                            Totally agree and hope he (Fessenden) gets the start on Friday I think he's earned it. Wow...that many shots eh? No mind, that stat is meaningless, don'tcha know? lol Let's see if we can keep up the compete level against the Hounds...woof! (We're going to need it....)
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              I think their recruiting manta has been "we are in a rebuild and you can be a part of that" or "we'll get you to the N" (hey, players have said that I've read it on occassion in CHC's player interviews on why they picked UNH). If Chuck's inclinations are correct, UMaine will struggle for the next couple of years then...look out as Barr brings talent up to Orono and his style of coaching becomes entrenched. We'll see if that actually manifests but I'm betting it's more of a probability than a possibility. This should be the case for us...? No? Should have been? Still might be?
                              Barr was part of the PC and UMass staffs. They basically blew up the team after their first season and brought in an entire new group. I would expect the same to happen in Orono.
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Just hope we are not down 2 dmen for next weekend....MacKinnon not in the lineup last night and Verrier sustained some type of hand injury it looked like...Listened to the short clips of the post game provided by CHC on his blog from last night; esp. great to hear that David Fessenden has found a home at UNH...

UNH Postgame Presser Clips
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X