Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
    That seems to be the consensus on this thread, but I've seen better PC teams lose to worse UNH teams. I think they recruit goalies specifically for their ability to steal games against PC (the 2015 Hockey east quarterfinals come to mind).
    PC having an "easy" game against UNH is not a sentence I would have expected to read a decade ago, but anything would be "easy" after what PC had to do to get any result against Denver last Friday.
    I totally expect PC to drop some points somewhere this weekend. Hockey East might be in the midst of a down year, but winning three teams in a row against any team in this league is probably not going to happen.
    I suspect you will be hard-pressed to identify a "worse UNH team" once this season gets underway in earnest, Jon. Expectations are low, and drifting even lower.

But the days of UNH goalies "stealing" games also appears to be long gone, at least in the post-Tirone era. DT was never consistent enough to be viewed as an upper echelon guy, but according to PC and UMaine fans, when he was on his game, he was one of the best out there. I understand, it was frustrating as a UNH fan that you never really knew, weekend to weekend or even game to game which DT was going to show up. But he was very athletic and when he was in the zone, he was very good at the D-1 level. You don't see too many more like him these days, there's way too many Blob Ben Bishop net-filling knock-offs proliferating the hockey world.

Just another casualty of the Analytics Era ...
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Of course not, but I didn't expect them to tell us the sky was green. Also loved the part about how having a three-year recruiting head start "must have" been a huge advantage. Perhaps it "should have" been an advantage - but - here we are...
      Definitely another case of a missed opportunity. They seem to be stacking up quickly, aren't they?

Cool first-hand account of your days competing against Hubbard out on the pitch BTW.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Good lord, Luke Reid. What the he\_\_ was THAT??
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• JUMPIN' JEHOSAPHATS!! Can someone please explain to me why, for the love of Jesus, is Robin-sieve still in net for UNH?????
          I'm old, I'm grouchy, GIT OVER IT!!
          AND GIT OFF MY T-HALL LAWN!!!

Comment

• You beat me to it. Can we pleeeeeeease have anyone else. I’d play 6 people and no goalie instead of 5th year

Comment

• It’s time to relieve the head coach of his duties. This is awful. Two failed passes leading to goals. We just don’t have any talent. 94 minutes without a goal again PC. I’m beyond excited that I don’t have to go tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post
                It’s time to relieve the head coach of his duties. This is awful. Two failed passes leading to goals. We just don’t have any talent. 94 minutes without a goal again PC. I’m beyond excited that I don’t have to go tomorrow.
                Yup, time to start the national search. Oh wait, hiring from within is the way to go!
                GO BLUE!

Comment

You beat me to it. Can we pleeeeeeease have anyone else. I’d play 6 people and no goalie instead of 5th year
                  Agreed!! I haven't seen this much excrement exploding since ol' Earl's manure spreader blew up back in '62!

Lordy, this has to be the worst goaltending in the nation.

And ol' SOOOOUZA talks about senior leadership???? Well lemme tell ya:

- Robin-sieve --- NHL draft pick - BUST
                  - That Swede Engaras - NHL draft pick - BUST
                  - MACAdams - hot head who should not be wearing any "A" on his jersey

Absolute emabarASSment. SOOOUZA needs to git and SOON!!!!

Where the dang angry emojis???????
                  I'm old, I'm grouchy, GIT OVER IT!!
                  AND GIT OFF MY T-HALL LAWN!!!

Comment

• MacAdam isn’t a problem for me. He takes some bad penalties but he is always looking to take the body and hustling. Doesn’t win you games though.

Draft picks in late rounds can’t be expected to produce. This is just a bad team and it’s time to realize and just enjoy $7 beers at the Whit

Comment

• They need to start requiring fans to wear paper bags at the Whit, not masks.
                      GO BLUE!

Comment

It’s time to relieve the head coach of his duties. This is awful. Two failed passes leading to goals. We just don’t have any talent. 94 minutes without a goal again PC. I’m beyond excited that I don’t have to go tomorrow.
                        I'll be missing the next few games too due to other conflicts. In the old days, I'd find a way to blow off other commitments and go watch hockey at the Whitt. Not any more. This team is atrocious, senior leadership is non-existent, and I'm growing tired and annoyed listening and reading Souza's platitudes about how great this team really is.

It's close to crisis stage at this point. I can't see this team winning more than seven games this year and finishing the season in the cellar. Souza is in over his head and relying on sound bites to keep his job.
                        Last edited by Scott; 10-29-2021, 07:51 PM.
                        UNH

Comment

• The only feasible way to get through this game is alot of overlays like Coldplays Paradise, I mean, it makes it bearable somewhow... Or some vintage Joe Jackson. Oh and top it off with Year of the Cat...(and well you fill in the rest)
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-29-2021, 08:41 PM.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            Souza is in over his head and relying on sound bites to keep his job.
                            The reality is nobody of import cares, or appears to be even listening. Souza isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
                            GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post

The reality is nobody of import cares, or appears to be even listening. Souza isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
                              Which is too bad. Season ticket holders will continue to drop like flies (this is probably our last year) and revenue will start to dry up. Hey, if the administration doesn't care, why should us fans care?
                              UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post

Which is too bad. Season ticket holders will continue to drop like flies (this is probably our last year) and revenue will start to dry up. Hey, if the administration doesn't care, why should us fans care?
                                Couldn’t agree more, not sure how much more this I can endure. Also, you’re so right about the “old days” when I, like you, would do anything not to miss a game. We would make plans around UNH, travel all over the country to watch and support them making many good friends and memories doing it. Those days seem like soooo long ago.
                                GO BLUE!

Comment

Working...
                                X