Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Whalers View Post
    Does anyone know what the favored college soccer website is called? I tried USCSO.com, but not active. Was going to post on the forum about how the UNH soccer coach is making the far more highly compensated Wildcat coaches, and the AD, look incredibly bad. He isnt forever .500 (or worse), makes things happen on a tight budget and salary, doesnt whine about needing to reduce the width of the pitch by 15 feet to compete against Union and Bentley, etc. Appears that he didnt get the insider email about being mediocre but telling the fandom that we have an exciting butterfly just waiting to break out of the cocoon, trust us.

    Maybe he should spend less time coaching, recruiting and slaying soccer giants. Instead he can concentrate on finding former library employees with ooddles of dough and no heirs who suddenly find a love of soccer late in life. Then all things would truly be Blue Skies. :-)
    Speaking of Bentley, the BC thread has been entertaining the past week. But, have not seen any posts by Nick P.

    And, speaking of Kohei Sato, he is getting TV exposure on NESN this evening.
    Last edited by Snively65; 10-22-2021, 01:14 AM.

    Comment


    • #77
      Bentley has 3 wins in 5 games so far this season, including wins over real live D-1 programs like BC and Ohio State, plus one over what is usually a very competitive AHCA foe (Holy Cross).

      Snives, you nailed it, we're lucky UNH left the Falcons off this year's schedule ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by d.gerry View Post

        Speaking of Bob the Builder, did the Whit end up getting the new refrigeration installed? I know the shrink the rink wasn't started, but haven't heard anything about the melting ice issue.
        Not yet. It’s in the works. Won’t happen during the season (obviously).
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

          Speaking of Bentley, the BC thread has been entertaining the past week. But, have not seen any posts by Nick P.

          And, speaking of Kohei Sato, he is getting TV exposure on NESN this evening.
          Should be even more entertaining after tonight's loss to CC...But then I see the Friars scoring 5 in the third and coming in hot to Durham on Sunday....
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-22-2021, 09:37 PM.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

            Should be even more entertaining after tonight's loss to CC...But then I see the Friars scoring 5 in the third and coming in hot to Durham on Sunday....
            And, Scotty Borek’s team beat BU 3-2. Why cannot we get coaches like Scotty Borek? Oh …….. wait ………

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

              And, Scotty Borek’s team beat BU 3-2. Why cannot we get coaches like Scotty Borek? Oh …….. wait ………
              What the H is happening...it's a madhouse a madhouse! (said in Charlton Heston 'Planet of the Apes' voice)
              Here we go 'Cats!!

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                And, Scotty Borek's team beat BU 3-2. Why cannot we get coaches like Scotty Borek? Oh ..... wait
                Meet the newly-crowned "Champions of October", your Merrimack College Warriors. Hang a banner.

                We'll know UNH is on the right track when its teams improve over the course of a full season ...
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

                  Meet the newly-crowned "Champions of October", your Merrimack College Warriors. Hang a banner.

                  We'll know UNH is on the right track when its teams improve over the course of a full season ...
                  Warriors going for weekend sweep at Agannis this evening, but NESN and NESN+ showing HEA OOC games instead. Scotty Borek and his Warriors getting no respect.

                  In Orono, Sacred Wallet going for weekend sweep.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

                    Warriors going for weekend sweep at Agannis this evening, but NESN and NESN+ showing HEA OOC games instead. Scotty Borek and his Warriors getting no respect.
                    Getting what he (and they) deserve tonight, which is not much ...

                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Ladies and gentlemen. It’s been a while.
                      the good news for the SMT’s is that it’s PC tradition to follow up a big win against a top team with a baffling loss - the 2001 Maine/Brown weekend comes to mind.
                      It would be easy to lose focus after playing the #1, #5, and #8 teams three games in a row.

                      "I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

                      2008 POTY

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        Ladies and gentlemen. It’s been a while.
                        the good news for the SMT’s is that it’s PC tradition to follow up a big win against a top team with a baffling loss - the 2001 Maine/Brown weekend comes to mind.
                        It would be easy to lose focus after playing the #1, #5, and #8 teams three games in a row.
                        With three games in a row, it will be like HEA post-season play back in the day, Jon. But, this time we were gifted home ice. :-)

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          Ladies and gentlemen. It’s been a while.
                          the good news for the SMT’s is that it’s PC tradition to follow up a big win against a top team with a baffling loss - the 2001 Maine/Brown weekend comes to mind.
                          It would be easy to lose focus after playing the #1, #5, and #8 teams three games in a row.
                          It seems like every team comes up with a couple of surprise wins and a couple of surprise losses each year. I dont think PC has much to worry about today though!
                          GO BLUE/GO UNH

                          COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            UNH v PC is always a decent matchup...some years better than others. Would be great to pull one off here today 'Cats!! Playing a full 60 and scoring would be a start after the last outing. Let's go 'Cats!!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              Ladies and gentlemen. It's been a while.
                              the good news for the SMT's is that it's PC tradition to follow up a big win against a top team with a baffling loss - the 2001 Maine/Brown weekend comes to mind.
                              It would be easy to lose focus after playing the #1, #5, and #8 teams three games in a row.
                              Jon, it's great to hear from you, it's been too long. You still out in the Midwest these days?

                              WIS predictions for today (after sitting out the ASU weekend, like the 'Cats apparently did):

                              Providence 5 UNH 2
                              Attendance 3,100
                              Over/Under: 5.5 goals (taking the over)

                              'Cats will try to claw back some respectability after a brutal no-show weekend in the desert, which went downhill fast after the cement-head 5th year senior goalie took a stupid penalty to turn the tide last Friday night. Looking for this to be a close one, but the Friars will hold on, and add some "padding" with an ENG or two in the late going to skate to a "comfortable" 5-2 win.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

                                Jon, it's great to hear from you, it's been too long. You still out in the Midwest these days?

                                WIS predictions for today (after sitting out the ASU weekend, like the 'Cats apparently did):

                                Providence 5 UNH 2
                                Attendance 3,100
                                Over/Under: 5.5 goals (taking the over)

                                'Cats will try to claw back some respectability after a brutal no-show weekend in the desert, which went downhill fast after the cement-head 5th year senior goalie took a stupid penalty to turn the tide last Friday night. Looking for this to be a close one, but the Friars will hold on, and add some "padding" with an ENG or two in the late going to skate to a "comfortable" 5-2 win.
                                Might get reported at 3,100 but historically Sundays are a TERRIBLE draw for UNH, even when we were still respectable in the late 2000's/early 2010's. Some of those Hockey East game 3 playoffs were sad sights.
                                I'd guess 1,000 real attendance at the absolute max, 2,500 reported.
                                "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                                Men's Hockey

                                ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                                NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

                                Women's Hockey
                                EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                                AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X