Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey Chuck - Did you put a bug in someone's ear tonight at the Whitt? ELO's "Mr Blue Sky" was blaring between the first and second periods.

    Fitting, considering UNH's 6-1 defeat.
    Last edited by Scott; 02-05-2022, 08:55 PM.
    UNH

    Comment


    • This is why bye weekends suck. This team is back to it's sh*tty early season form, from the goaltending and on out.
      UNH

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Scott View Post
        This is why bye weekends suck. This team is back to it's sh*tty early season form, from the goaltending and on out.
        No truer words my friend. Almost inhumane to leave Mike in...That said lots of great play in the first...

        Man that Turnbull kid is excellent...reminds me of TyK.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Hey Chuck - Did you put a bug in someone's ear tonight at the Whitt? ELO's "Mr Blue Sky" was blaring between the first and second periods.

          Fitting, considering UNH's 6-1 defeat.
          LOL

          Everything you wrote tonight is spot on, Scott. Start the national search yesterday.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

          Comment


          • Great crowd tonight to watch an entirely embarrassing performance. Souza’s days are numbered.
            GO BLUE!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Scott View Post
              This is why bye weekends suck. This team is back to it's sh*tty early season form, from the goaltending and on out.
              Its not a bye weekend issue, it is a bad team issue. They were awful last night and continued tonight. MacAdams with his "A" should be taken away after last night, didn't even know if he was there tonight. This was statement weekend an 0-2. I am just happy I won't have to pay for playoff tickets.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Scott View Post
                This is why bye weekends suck. This team is back to it's sh*tty early season form, from the goaltending and on out.
                Scott sent you a 'visitors message' not sure how those work...
                Here we go 'Cats!!

                Comment


                • So much for our game in hand in the race to the much coveted first round playoff home ice.
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

                  Comment


                  • The hubs and I were driving home once again lamenting, going over, ruminating, whatever ya wanna call it, about the game (a familiar thing). Came down to this realization: zero consistency over the years. Not able to sustain decent play. Not to mention the errant passes going to nowhere. I wasn't happy with MacA obviously with his penalties the night before and I am sure he got an earful from the coach(es) about it but agree he was a non factor out there. This is not on him tho.

                    Wasn't for lack of trying by the part of the team. I think we saw excellent play in the first period last night. It was a treat for the fans; back and forth, dramatic goalie saves. Best crowd in recent history (this has been mentioned by d.gerry) You can't deny we had our chances. Then the wheels fell off....Fan base sounding off abit today on Facebook first I've seen that but...UConn always manages to have an excellent forward group and decent goal tending. They are a strong and consistent team and I'd hate to face them on any given night.

                    Give Fess a start at UVM. Mike needs a break. Really cannot hurt at this point.
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

                    Comment


                    • Came down to this realization: zero consistency over the years.
                      I'd argue there is tremendous consistency.

                      UNH is currently in 9th place. For Coach Souza, his 11th season of coaching is unlikely to replicate his career best 7th place finish, 9 years ago. (Not counting the one season in the non-major Atlantic Conference.)
                      * With 12 wins so far, and three games against 10th and 11th place Vermont and Maine still on the radar (plus the HE playoff games) he is within striking distance of the 16 wins in that 2012-13 season, and likely to match the 15 wins at UNH in 16-17 and 19-20.
                      * At 12 wins and 13 losses, Coach Souza also has a chance to attain his second career season with a team over .500 (Brown was 16-14-6 in 2012-13.)

                      Souza coaching career
                      11-12 Brown 12th place ECAC 9 wins
                      12-13 Brown 7th place ECAC 16 wins
                      13-14 U.Conn 3rd place Atlantic 18 wins
                      14-15 U.Conn 9th place HE 10 wins
                      15-16 UNH 10th place HE 11 wins
                      16-17 UNH 10th place HE 15 wins
                      17-18 UNH 11th place HE 10 wins
                      ==========HEAD COACH====
                      18-19 UNH 8th place HE 12 wins
                      19-20 UNH 9th place HE 15 wins
                      20-21 UNH 10th place HE 6 wins
                      21-21 UNH 8th/9th place in HE 12 wins
                      Last edited by NCAA watcher; 02-06-2022, 10:16 AM.
                      The Umile legacy:
                      14-15 8th place,
                      15-16 10th place
                      16-17 10th place
                      17-18 11th place
                      18-19 8th place
                      19-20 9th place
                      20-21 10th place
                      21-22 9th place

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

                        I'd argue there is tremendous consistency.

                        UNH is currently in 9th place. For Coach Souza, his 11th season of coaching is unlikely to replicate his career best 7th place finish, 9 years ago. (Not counting the one season in the non-major Atlantic Conference.)
                        * With 12 wins so far, and three games against 10th and 11th place Vermont and Maine still on the radar (plus the HE playoff games) he is within striking distance of the 16 wins in that 2012-13 season, and likely to match the 15 wins at UNH in 16-17 and 19-20.
                        * At 12 wins and 13 losses, Coach Souza also has a chance to attain his second career season with a team over .500 (Brown was 16-14-6 in 2012-13.)

                        Souza coaching career
                        11-12 Brown 12th place ECAC 9 wins
                        12-13 Brown 7th place ECAC 16 wins
                        13-14 U.Conn 3rd place Atlantic 18 wins
                        14-15 U.Conn 9th place HE 10 wins
                        15-16 UNH 10th place HE 11 wins
                        16-17 UNH 10th place HE 15 wins
                        17-18 UNH 11th place HE 10 wins
                        ==========HEAD COACH====
                        18-19 UNH 8th place HE 12 wins
                        19-20 UNH 9th place HE 15 wins
                        20-21 UNH 10th place HE 6 wins
                        21-21 UNH 8th/9th place in HE 12 wins
                        Well obviously 'Watcher, if you are going to put up stats about consistency of losing, etc...then, sure. I'm talking about sustaining play. That...has always been an issue since I think since I've been following. And of course, your sarcasm is not lost on me...Your point is well taken and the facts do not lie. Have always believed in this quote by Henry Ford and I think it speaks to the situation at 128 Main Street:

                        “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”

                        Ps..should have just posted "I see what you did there"
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-06-2022, 11:25 AM.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Darius View Post
                          So much for our game in hand in the race to the much coveted first round playoff home ice.
                          Schedule favors UNH and if they can't take advantage probably don't deserve home ice.

                          That said, it appears that BC-UNH matchup is almost assured for the first round.
                          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

                          Comment


                          • A couple of thoughts after last nights nightmare! They played a much better game however with the same outcome. First period really should have ended 3-1 UNH. Very real opportunities, not chances. Definitely deflating for the team. The second saw some goals that a great goalie stops. Plus watching that near goal on the overhead video, real quick. Why didn’t MS ask for a review. It was only close and would not have been overturned you say. Correct.
                            what it does is make a positive statement to the team that the coach has their back. Think Jerry York or Jack Parker. It isn’t always about winning the review it is about supporting your team. We all said we had a confident team before this weekend and then MC brought us down to earth again. You don’t want another lose for this team!
                            So why pull the goalie with 3 minutes to go. It certainly didn’t have the feel of a night for a miracle so why make it 5-1? And then a totally spent team suffers a real soft number 6. That was as dejected a team as I can remember leaving the ice.
                            If you can’t manage the game, manage the kids emotions! Trust me it matters.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                              we had a confident team before this weekend
                              One could argue overconfident. It seems like the worst thing that happened to this team was scoring some goals. Got them away from what their identity had been that delivered success.

                              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                                A couple of thoughts after last nights nightmare! They played a much better game however with the same outcome. First period really should have ended 3-1 UNH. Very real opportunities, not chances. Definitely deflating for the team. The second saw some goals that a great goalie stops. Plus watching that near goal on the overhead video, real quick. Why didn’t MS ask for a review. It was only close and would not have been overturned you say. Correct.
                                what it does is make a positive statement to the team that the coach has their back. Think Jerry York or Jack Parker. It isn’t always about winning the review it is about supporting your team. We all said we had a confident team before this weekend and then MC brought us down to earth again. You don’t want another lose for this team!
                                So why pull the goalie with 3 minutes to go. It certainly didn’t have the feel of a night for a miracle so why make it 5-1? And then a totally spent team suffers a real soft number 6. That was as dejected a team as I can remember leaving the ice.
                                If you can’t manage the game, manage the kids emotions! Trust me it matters.
                                oh ATW sooo agree with your sentiments. (on the opportunities in the first especially; a better word for them than 'chances' to be sure). We talked about how Mikey just wasn't himself and it seemed like torture for him. Yeah, why not challenge that goal? So what? I can't see MS7 anymore as we don't sit in CIce like we once did so I can't vouch for how he reacted to the game. Also thought he should have been pulled at 4-1. Read one complaint on FB about how he said literally nothing to the team tho. Of course it has to be frustrating to him as well. Get something going and then what. None of us know the inner workings of the team chemistry but we aren't stupid either and can see when things just aren't working kind of thing tho. Oh well.

                                You could see the team looked as defeated as ever in their salute to the fans...sigh...that bothers me. Hate seeing that! They just gotta pick up the pieces and skate forward.
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X