Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I’d like to think this game is another wake up call but the more likely scenario is that this is what the future of this program looks like. Sad. At least it was played in an empty stadium.

    Comment


    • Just when you thought……

      Comment


      • A game where we pretty much dominated in every facet but (again) are just awful at finishing. Pierson can’t do it all, folks. That last 6-5 it seemed that everyone was terrified of letting one fly save for JP.
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

        Comment


        • Harrumph.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
            A game where we pretty much dominated in every facet but (again) are just awful at finishing. Pierson can’t do it all, folks. That last 6-5 it seemed that everyone was terrified of letting one fly save for JP.
            Well thats just it..tney do not shoot....only crashed the net twice maybe?
            Here we go 'Cats!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
              Just when you thought……
              What did you think? Just wondering, and not being sarcastic, as I haven't seen anything that looks any different from the past several years.

              One lonely goal last night, can we PLEASE recruit a goal scorer? Bunch of water bugs running around on the ice with NO offensive threat. Not fun to watch.
              GO BLUE!

              Comment


              • 58th out of 59 NCAA teams in goals per game. Thank god for St.Thomas (and carrying out to the third decimal), the new Division 1 team. With that, it is amazing that we've won 7 games.
                50.Union 17 33 1.941176
                51.Wisconsin 20 38 1.9
                52.Niagara 16 30 1.875
                53.Yale 12 22 1.833333
                54.Maine 17 30 1.764706
                55.Alaska 16 28 1.75
                56.Brown 12 21 1.75
                57.Vermont 17 29 1.705882
                58.New Hampshire 18 28 1.555556
                59.St. Thomas 20 31 1.55
                The Umile legacy:
                14-15 8th place,
                15-16 10th place
                16-17 10th place
                17-18 11th place
                18-19 8th place
                19-20 9th place
                20-21 10th place
                21-22 9th place

                Comment


                • Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                  Bunch of water bugs running around on the ice with NO offensive threat. Not fun to watch.
                  Kinda makes you wish for the days of Johnny Rogers. Now there was plenty of speed and no finish.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                    58th out of 59 NCAA teams in goals per game. Thank god for St.Thomas (and carrying out to the third decimal), the new Division 1 team. With that, it is amazing that we've won 7 games.
                    50.Union 17 33 1.941176
                    51.Wisconsin 20 38 1.9
                    52.Niagara 16 30 1.875
                    53.Yale 12 22 1.833333
                    54.Maine 17 30 1.764706
                    55.Alaska 16 28 1.75
                    56.Brown 12 21 1.75
                    57.Vermont 17 29 1.705882
                    58.New Hampshire 18 28 1.555556
                    59.St. Thomas 20 31 1.55
                    I knew it was bad Watcher, but not THAT bad! Truly pathetic.
                    GO BLUE!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                      50.Union 17 33 1.941176
                      51.Wisconsin 20 38 1.9
                      52.Niagara 16 30 1.875
                      53.Yale 12 22 1.833333
                      54.Maine 17 30 1.764706
                      55.Alaska 16 28 1.75
                      56.Brown 12 21 1.75
                      57.Vermont 17 29 1.705882
                      58.New Hampshire 18 28 1.555556
                      59.St. Thomas 20 31 1.55
                      1.555 goals per game WITH Pierson is plenty pathetic. Take away Pierson, and they are averaging exactly 1 goal per game as a team. For comparison, Ralph Cox AVERAGED .992 goals PER GAME over his 128 game CAREER at UNH.

                      Comment


                      • BC will most likely kill Dartmouth and we would not have fared better. Not that this tournament is the HE championship but it would have been nice to at least advance to the title game. Closest 'title game' we would have been in for awhile. I understand the reality of it and not surprised given where we are (and have been) just would be nice for the team as well. No idea how we'll do today but hope it's better than last night AND a better outcome than our last go at this tournament's consolation game. Goal scorers....are you out there? Desperately seeking....

                        Happy New Year 'Cat fans far and wide!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Whalers View Post

                          Kinda makes you wish for the days of Johnny Rogers. Now there was plenty of speed and no finish.
                          Yeah, the difference being we now have an entire team "Johnny Rogers". I have no problem with a guy out there, who may not be the most skilled player on the ice, but is giving it his all. However, we can't have an entire team of those guys. We need someone who actually HAS talent and skill when it comes to burying the puck.
                          GO BLUE!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by d.gerry View Post

                            Yeah, the difference being we now have an entire team "Johnny Rogers". I have no problem with a guy out there, who may not be the most skilled player on the ice, but is giving it his all. However, we can't have an entire team of those guys. We need someone who actually HAS talent and skill when it comes to burying the puck.
                            Well, even he (Johnny Rogers) had a 'measley' 52 points in his UNH tenure..(and good for him). Of course, we DID have guys like Potsy who scored that in one season, but I digress...

                            Ps...anyone catch incoming recruit Cy Leclercs 'Michigan lacrosse goal' last night? Pretty sweet!
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-31-2021, 10:00 AM.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

                            Comment


                            • In other news, Matias Cleland returns to hockey with the Thunder, joining former UNH alum Patrick Grasso...
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

                                Well, even he (Johnny Rogers) had a 'measley' 52 points in his UNH tenure..(and good for him). Of course, we DID have guys like Potsy who scored that in one season, but I digress...
                                I wasn't disparaging the guy at all, just responding to Whalers post. He was kind of like a slower version of Sato now that I think about it.
                                Last edited by d.gerry; 12-31-2021, 10:53 AM.
                                GO BLUE!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X