Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2021/2022 - Return of the Champions of October?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Please confirm that y'all have seen the Rolling Stones live, else stop this nonsense. :-)
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Darius View Post
      Please confirm that y'all have seen the Rolling Stones live, else stop this nonsense. :-)
      Why, do they play someone else's songs? ;-)
      The Umile legacy:
      14-15 8th place,
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place

      Comment


      • In case you can't handle the fact there's no UNH hockey this weekend, UNH commit goal tender Tyler Muszelik will play in these HE games....

        From Mike Lowry (wish I could embed tweets like before?)

        2022 @UNHMHOCKEY
        Commit #TylerMuszelik @TMuszelik
        & @USAHockeyNTDP
        Under-18 team are scheduled to play @TerrierHockey
        BU, Sat Dec 11th, 3PM & @MerrimackMIH
        , Sun, Dec 12th, 3PM. Both games streamed live on College Sports Live


        HR has been following Tyler this season; looks like a great addition behind the pipes!

        Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-10-2021, 11:48 AM.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Darius View Post
          Please confirm that y'all have seen the Rolling Stones live, else stop this nonsense. :-)
          If I wanted to see a live band whose best work was 50+ years old, had a brief resurgence in the '80's, and lacked any real musical virtuosity, I'd go see The Kinks before bothering with The Stones.

          I've seen The Who, ELP, Deep Purple, Rush, Page-Plant (missed Led Zep live, much to my eternal chagrin), The Police, and numerous others, including probably five different versions of frickin' Foghat as a warm-up band for other bigger acts. They would all mop the floor with The Stones live. I also saw Rod Stewart once (with an old GF) back in the day, and as best as I can tell, the only differences between Rod and The Stones are (1) Rod stocked his touring band with talented LA studio musicians, and (2) Rod's concerts probably drew way hotter chicks. :-)

          The only musical performer more overrated than The Stones would be Jimmy Buffett. FACT.

          Bring it on, Buffett "fans" (if anyone out there would dare admit to it) ... ;-)
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

          Comment


          • Went to alma mater tonight to watch Caps coach son Peter play...great NESAC game with PSU losing in the last 2 minutes of the game on 2 quick Weslyan goals...kind of cool tho! I recognized the name immediately and wondered if he was indeed his son. Good player!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Went to alma mater tonight to watch Caps coach son Peter play...great NESAC game with PSU losing in the last 2 minutes of the game on 2 quick Weslyan goals...kind of cool tho! I recognized the name immediately and wondered if he was indeed his son. Good player!
              Big boy, too. Just the type that would slide easily into a reliable low-key gig in the 'Coast ... but with his dad's pedigree, I suspect his future lies in coaching or in some front office capacity somewhere. Good luck to him.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

                Big boy, too. Just the type that would slide easily into a reliable low-key gig in the 'Coast ... but with his dad's pedigree, I suspect his future lies in coaching or in some front office capacity somewhere. Good luck to him.
                Yes, for sure! Would be interesting to see UNH play PSU...like you've said Chuck have some kind of NH tournament of sorts at the SNUH. I'm going to watch (internet) our recruit Tyler M play today; have heard he's going to be (or has the potential to be) one of the best goal tenders we've had come down the pike in awhile...his teams playing BU today and MC tomorrow as I mentioned.
                Here we go 'Cats!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

                  Yes, for sure! Would be interesting to see UNH play PSU...like you've said Chuck have some kind of NH tournament of sorts at the SNUH. I'm going to watch (internet) our recruit Tyler M play today; have heard he's going to be (or has the potential to be) one of the best goal tenders we've had come down the pike in awhile...his teams playing BU today and MC tomorrow as I mentioned.
                  Not sure what the definition of "awhile" is but the last few goaltenders haven't set the bar too high.
                  UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

                    Why, do they play someone else's songs? ;-)
                    Definitely.

                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

                      If I wanted to see a live band whose best work was 50+ years old, had a brief resurgence in the '80's, and lacked any real musical virtuosity, I'd go see The Kinks before bothering with The Stones.

                      I've seen The Who, ELP, Deep Purple, Rush, Page-Plant (missed Led Zep live, much to my eternal chagrin), The Police, and numerous others, including probably five different versions of frickin' Foghat as a warm-up band for other bigger acts. They would all mop the floor with The Stones live. I also saw Rod Stewart once (with an old GF) back in the day, and as best as I can tell, the only differences between Rod and The Stones are (1) Rod stocked his touring band with talented LA studio musicians, and (2) Rod's concerts probably drew way hotter chicks. :-)

                      The only musical performer more overrated than The Stones would be Jimmy Buffett. FACT.

                      Bring it on, Buffett "fans" (if anyone out there would dare admit to it) ... ;-)
                      No Clapton?

                      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Darius View Post
                        No Clapton?
                        Post-Cream Clapton is a little overrated TBH, but I would never say he was without talent.

                        The last time a prospective UNH goalie wandered anywhere near the BU campus, it didn't work out well for UNH. Hope MS7 has learned from the Commesso experience with the new kid ...
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

                          Post-Cream Clapton is a little overrated TBH, but I would never say he was without talent.

                          The last time a prospective UNH goalie wandered anywhere near the BU campus, it didn't work out well for UNH. Hope MS7 has learned from the Commesso experience with the new kid ...
                          Eeek! Now, now let's not even go there (smiley I can't generate) Checked CHC's blog and I see that Tyler Muszelik has signed an NLI ...I have finally learned that they aren't officially on the team until they pull the Blue and White over their head (or, sign a NLI). But, we all know players change their plans happens to every team I'm sure. Still it hurts when you are really looking forward to an impact player that chooses elsewhere. Looking forward to seeing him play today!

                          Ps as per post cream Clapton (and I agree) we saw him awhile ago at Tanglewood (or whatever its called) was a cool show. Billy Preston was guest drummer which was awesome (RIP). But I'll always be a fan of this kind of music . And of course this guy. Had 2 old brothers who played this and other great music like Blind Faith, The Who (I knew every word to Tommy by age 10) And with Michael Nesmith passing I'm mourning my 'Monkee Days'. Interesting history on that band and those who actually wrote (and played, save Nesmith) the music. And nothing personal Chuck never could / did like Led Zeppelin even though 'Stairway' was our prom theme ha!
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-11-2021, 03:41 PM.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

                          Comment


                          • Given the fact that BU had to be gassed ? from last night (I mean, most teams play a 2 game weekend series) and played their second string (Able) 'tender I thought Muszelik held his own quite nicely. Lots of penalties including a 5 min major. Kind of interesting when you look at the roster (Ntl team) and see mostly BU, BC players so they are essentially playing against future teammates/opponents. Announcer wondered how long MR has been with UNH '5 or 6 years' when talking about Muszelik would join the 'Cats. Believe this is his 5th, correct? I feel we will be strong at goal tending next season!
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-11-2021, 09:01 PM.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              A lot of great UNH teams have lost to Dartmouth teams they're supposed to handle - even when they've feasted. That game is a toss-up, every year, records and talent aside...

                              http://www.collegehockeystats.net/04...s/mdarunh1.j12
                              UNH has two wins against Dartmouth at Thompson Arena in the last 30 years: 1991 (8-3) and 2018 (3-2).
                              Lost 6-3 in 2000 (Conklin gave the game away trying to play the puck along the wall), 4-1 in 2012, 5-1 in 2016, and 3-1 in 2017.

                              There's a pretty detailed history of UNH and Dartmouth's holiday tournament meetings through the 2012 season here: http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/20...r-holiday.html
                              Last edited by ClOuD 9; 12-12-2021, 04:54 PM.
                              "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                              Men's Hockey

                              ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                              NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

                              Women's Hockey
                              EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                              AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Billy Preston was guest drummer which was awesome (RIP).
                                Uhh, I thought Billy Preston, aka "The Fifth Beatle" was a keyboard player?? Didn't know he played drums too? :-O

                                UNH

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X